Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our shared responsibility.
(b) The unspeakable.
(c) Our duty to the party.
2. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Give a message to her husband.
(b) Look after her children.
(c) Fix her sink.
(d) Take her children to town.
3. What important thing does Winston do when he comes home in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He makes a plan to assassinate Big Brother.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He starts a diary.
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What edition of the Newspeak dictionary is currently being written?
(a) The Eleventh.
(b) The Tenth.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Thirteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston write repeatedly in his diary after thinking about the Two Minutes Hate?
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
3. How much does it cost for a nip of gin at the canteen?
4. Where does Winston work?
5. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)