|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(b) He does yoga.
(c) He touches his toes.
(d) He clean his ears.
2. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White linoleum.
(b) White marble.
(c) White porcelain.
(d) White plastic.
3. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) Get down on the ground.
(b) You are not as smart as you think you are.
(c) You have been betrayed.
(d) You are the dead.
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) Winston Smith 6079.
(b) W. Smith 6079.
(c) 6079 Smith W.
(d) 6079 W.S.
5. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Three metal balls.
(b) Four smiling fairies.
(c) Two ivory birds.
(d) Seven wooden books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
3. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
5. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)