|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(b) A man.
2. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His plumber.
(c) His servant.
(d) His comrade.
3. How many times has Julia had sex?
(a) She's a virgin.
(b) Scores of times.
(c) Dozens of times.
(d) Hundreds of times.
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(d) Stewed beef.
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The human soundtrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ingsoc mean?
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
3. What device is used to write songs?
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)