|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Running away in panic.
(b) Standing in front of a tank.
(c) Throwing a grenade.
(d) Shielding her child from bullets.
2. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
3. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A warm welcoming manner.
(b) A strange sort of tick.
(c) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(d) An odd humourous tone.
4. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) England or Britain.
(b) France or Canada.
(c) The USA or America.
(d) East or West Germany.
5. Where does Winston think he is at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) In O'Brien's office.
(b) Dead, in hell.
(c) In transit to the labor camps.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Julia?
2. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
3. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
5. What is the name of the device Winston uses to write?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)