|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Two ivory birds.
(b) Four smiling fairies.
(c) Seven wooden books.
(d) Three metal balls.
2. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) The Hate Week planning committee.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Community Center.
(d) With his accountant.
3. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
4. What is Winston's phobia?
(b) English people.
(c) Open spaces.
5. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
(c) Brother or sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what will be Julia and Winston's next meeting place?
4. What concealed danger does Winston have to be careful of in the countryside?
5. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)