|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device is used to write songs?
2. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
(a) Atomic bombs were falling.
(b) His mother never loved him.
(c) Big Brother was everywhere.
(d) There was never enough to eat.
3. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Fix her sink.
(b) Look after her children.
(c) Give a message to her husband.
(d) Take her children to town.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what will be Julia and Winston's next meeting place?
(a) A crowded marketplace.
(b) Winston's apartment.
(c) A quiet restaurant.
(d) A hotel room.
5. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
(a) Make them stay in Oceania.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Make them love Big Brother.
(d) Make them stop loving each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
3. What does Winston's bed feel like in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What does Julia say is "the only way to stay safe"?
5. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)