|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Running away in panic.
(b) Throwing a grenade.
(c) Standing in front of a tank.
(d) Shielding her child from bullets.
2. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
(a) Poetry and prose.
(b) Print and punctuation.
(c) Rhymes and meters.
(d) Brightly colored balls.
3. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Ogilvy.
(b) Comrade Maitland.
(c) Comrade Woodroffe.
(d) Comrade Bronson.
4. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(b) A strange sort of tick.
(c) An odd humourous tone.
(d) A warm welcoming manner.
5. Why was Parsons arrested?
(a) He was slacking off at work.
(b) He killed his wife and children.
(c) He is guilty of Thoughtcrime.
(d) He wanted to change the name of Hate Week.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
2. What will happen thirty seconds after Winston leaves O'Brien's house?
3. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
4. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
5. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)