|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concealed danger does Winston have to be careful of in the countryside?
(b) Thought Police.
2. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) War Week.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Duty Week.
(d) Thoughtcrime Week.
3. Why was Parsons arrested?
(a) He was slacking off at work.
(b) He is guilty of Thoughtcrime.
(c) He wanted to change the name of Hate Week.
(d) He killed his wife and children.
4. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Oranges and lemons.
(c) Bluebirds in fountains.
(d) Pay me three farthings.
5. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(b) Sign language.
(c) Talking by installments.
(d) Broken telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everybody do when tortured?
2. What is the most feared place in the Ministry of Love?
3. What is the only thing that the Party cannot do to Winston and Julia?
4. What doesn't Winston give Ogilvy?
5. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)