|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
2. Of what are the walls of Winston's cell made?
(a) White plastic.
(b) White marble.
(c) White porcelain.
(d) White linoleum.
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(b) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(c) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(d) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
4. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
5. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Bring Winston some flowers.
(c) Tear off her clothes.
(d) Kill Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the refugee woman doing in Winston's dream in Part 2, Chapter 7?
2. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. How many clothing coupons does Winston get annually?
4. Why was Parsons arrested?
5. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)