|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Take her children to town.
(c) Fix her sink.
(d) Give a message to her husband.
2. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(b) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(c) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(d) To get lunch for his boss.
3. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Bluebirds in fountains.
(c) Pay me three farthings.
(d) Oranges and lemons.
4. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
(a) Baseball caps.
(d) Top hats.
5. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
(a) The Ministry of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is Tillotson?
2. What is the most feared place in the Ministry of Love?
3. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
4. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)