|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) His helicopter crashed.
(b) He vanished mysteriously.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was caught and vaporized.
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
(a) The FDA.
(b) The INGSOC.
(c) The FFCC.
(d) The OCCB.
4. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
(a) The Ministry of Love.
5. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(b) And would always be that way.
(c) And should never be attempted.
(d) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston remember above all about his childhood?
2. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
3. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
4. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
5. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)