|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
(b) The Ministry of Love.
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Society.
(b) English Socialism.
(c) English Socrates.
(d) English Soccer.
3. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(b) A warm welcoming manner.
(c) An odd humourous tone.
(d) A strange sort of tick.
4. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(b) Stewed beef.
5. Why was Ampleforth arrested?
(a) He was wearing strange shoes.
(b) His parents were from Eurasia.
(c) He was a member of the Brotherhood.
(d) He used the word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
3. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
4. How long has O'Brien been watching Winston?
5. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)