|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used only by the proles?
(b) Hand tools.
2. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(b) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(c) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
(d) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
3. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His brother and sister.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His mother and sister.
4. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
5. Where did Oceania recently have a military victory?
(a) North Africa.
(b) East Asia.
(c) South India.
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
3. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
4. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
5. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)