|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(c) Stewed beef.
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(b) Swollen lymph nodes.
(c) Varicose veins.
(d) A varicose ulcer.
3. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(a) Have sex with her.
(c) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
(d) Kill her.
4. Who is the vaporized man Winston must delete from The Times?
5. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Bring Winston some flowers.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Tear off her clothes.
(d) Kill Big Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
2. What does Ingsoc mean?
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
4. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
5. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)