|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(b) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(c) To get lunch for his boss.
(d) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
3. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(b) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime IS death.
4. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) A picture.
(d) A hanging.
5. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
2. What keeps falling on London?
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
4. What was Rutherford's previous job?
5. What does the prostitute not have?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)