|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) W. Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 Smith W.
(c) 6079 W.S.
(d) Winston Smith 6079.
2. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) A picture.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A play.
(d) A movie.
3. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He clean his ears.
(b) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(c) He does yoga.
(d) He touches his toes.
4. What keeps falling on London?
(b) Dogs and cats.
(c) Acid rain.
5. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Ogilvy.
(b) Comrade Woodroffe.
(c) Comrade Bronson.
(d) Comrade Maitland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the flag that keeps flapping?
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
3. What is used only by the proles?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)