|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(b) Writing in his diary.
(d) Going for a walk.
2. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(b) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(c) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(d) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
3. What is the Newspeak name for people who have been vaporized?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To vomit profusely.
(b) To shout filthy words.
(c) To turn back time.
(d) To choke down some food.
5. Where does Winston work?
(a) The Ministry of Justice.
(b) The Ministry of Fear.
(c) The Ministry of Truth.
(d) The Ministry of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in Oceania supposed to call each other?
2. The telescreen announces a reduction in what type of rations?
3. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
4. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)