|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Writing in his diary.
(c) Going for a walk.
2. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The human soundtrack.
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) W. Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 Smith W.
(c) Winston Smith 6079.
(d) 6079 W.S.
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) And should never be attempted.
(c) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(d) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To shout filthy words.
(b) To turn back time.
(c) To vomit profusely.
(d) To choke down some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ingsoc mean?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
3. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
4. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
5. What does Ampleforth have a talent for juggling?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)