|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Writing in his diary.
2. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
(a) Forgetful hole.
(b) Throwaway hole.
(c) Memory hole.
(d) Remembering hole.
3. Who/what is Tillotson?
(a) A skinny, pale-faced, ghost.
(b) A fat, sweaty, mess of a man.
(c) A large, feeble-minded, automoton.
(d) A small, precise-looking, dark-chinned man.
4. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Varicose veins.
(c) Swollen lymph nodes.
(d) A varicose ulcer.
5. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
(b) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
2. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
3. What does the prostitute not have?
4. What type of hats do capitalists supposedly wear?
5. Where does Winston work?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)