|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rutherford's previous job?
2. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His wife and son.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His brother and sister.
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) She who must be obeyed.
(b) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(d) The human soundtrack.
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To turn back time.
(b) To choke down some food.
(c) To shout filthy words.
(d) To vomit profusely.
5. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
2. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
3. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
4. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
5. With whom is Oceania at war?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)