|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: ___________________"
(a) Thoughtcrime is illegal.
(b) Thoughtcrime IS death.
(c) Thoughtcrime keeps one sane.
(d) Thoughtcrime prevents death.
2. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
(a) W. Smith 6079.
(b) 6079 W.S.
(c) 6079 Smith W.
(d) Winston Smith 6079.
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) The unspeakable.
(c) Our shared responsibility.
(d) Our duty to the party.
4. What is the name of Winston's wife?
5. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
(a) East or West Germany.
(b) The USA or America.
(c) France or Canada.
(d) England or Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
2. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
3. What is the minimum age for joining the Spies?
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
5. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)