|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Change for a ten.
(b) Proper ID.
2. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Ogilvy.
(b) Comrade Woodroffe.
(c) Comrade Bronson.
(d) Comrade Maitland.
3. What is Winston's most important task of the day in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To correct a speech by Big Brother.
(b) To fix the grammar in a story about the Eurasian front.
(c) To rewrite a story about Goldstein.
(d) To get lunch for his boss.
4. Who were three of the original survivors of the revolution of whom Winston saw a picture?
(a) McDonald, Martin, and King.
(b) Ford, Dent, and McMillan.
(c) Smith, Appleby, and Douglas.
(d) Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford.
5. What smell is common to Winston's apartment building?
(d) Stewed beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Where does Winston work?
3. What is the name of the waste paper disposal chute in Winston's workplace?
4. Who/what is Tillotson?
5. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)