|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dead hero Winston invents?
(a) Comrade Maitland.
(b) Comrade Woodroffe.
(c) Comrade Ogilvy.
(d) Comrade Bronson.
2. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) The human soundtrack.
(d) She who must be obeyed.
3. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Tear off her clothes.
(b) Bring Winston some flowers.
(c) Kill Big Brother.
(d) Sing a song.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
5. What does Mrs. Parsons want Winston to do in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Give a message to her husband.
(c) Fix her sink.
(d) Take her children to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Parsons' children want to see in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
3. What organization supplied comforts to the sailors on the Floating Fortress?
4. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
5. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)