|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 7, Winston wonders, as he had many times before, if he is a _________.
2. What does one of the Parsons children use to hit Winston in the neck?
(a) A rock.
(b) A catapult.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A pellet gun.
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our duty to the party.
(c) Our shared responsibility.
(d) The unspeakable.
4. What newspaper does Winston re-write?
(a) The Post.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Journal.
(d) The Times.
5. What keeps falling on London?
(c) Acid rain.
(d) Dogs and cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
2. Who/what is Tillotson?
3. What does Ingsoc mean?
4. What is used only by the proles?
5. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)