|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A desk lamp.
(b) A paperweight.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) An ink blotter.
2. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Tear off her clothes.
(c) Kill Big Brother.
(d) Bring Winston some flowers.
3. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Soccer.
(b) English Socialism.
(c) English Socrates.
(d) English Society.
4. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The human soundtrack.
5. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
(a) A strange sort of tick.
(b) A peculiar grave courtesy.
(c) A warm welcoming manner.
(d) An odd humourous tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
2. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
3. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. With whom is Oceania at war?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)