|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Change for a ten.
(b) Proper ID.
2. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His brother and sister.
3. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
(a) His servant.
(b) His comrade.
(c) His wife.
(d) His plumber.
4. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Morning Stretches.
(b) The Physical Jerks.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(d) The human soundtrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
2. What did Airstrip One used to be called?
3. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
4. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
5. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)