|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Going for a walk.
(b) Writing in his diary.
3. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(d) And should never be attempted.
4. What does Ingsoc mean?
(a) English Society.
(b) English Socialism.
(c) English Soccer.
(d) English Socrates.
5. What is the reason for O'Brien's encounter with Winston?
(a) So O'Brien can give Winston a book.
(b) There is no reason for the encounter.
(c) So O'Brien can give Winston his address.
(d) So O'Brien can warn Winston about information the Thought Police have on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What fell on Colchester?
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
4. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
5. Who will meet Winston if O'Brien isn't home?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)