|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Pay me three farthings.
(c) Bluebirds in fountains.
(d) Oranges and lemons.
2. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) An ink blotter.
(d) A paperweight.
3. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
4. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He touches his toes.
(b) Thirty-seven jumping jacks.
(c) He clean his ears.
(d) He does yoga.
5. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) His helicopter crashed.
(b) He was caught and vaporized.
(c) He vanished mysteriously.
(d) He killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
2. With whom is Oceania at war?
3. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
4. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
5. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)