|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(b) And would always be that way.
(c) And should never be attempted.
(d) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
2. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As not clever.
(b) As very attractive.
(c) As a thought criminal.
(d) As much too young for Winston.
3. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
4. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) She who must be obeyed.
(b) The human soundtrack.
(c) The wicked witch of Oceania.
5. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Physical Jerks.
(b) The Morning Stretches.
(c) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(d) Aerobics with Goldstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
2. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
3. What differentiates the way O'Brien speaks from other Inner Party members?
4. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
5. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)