|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) An ink blotter.
(d) A fountain pen.
3. What is used only by the proles?
(b) Hand tools.
4. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) The unspeakable.
(b) Our shared responsibility.
(c) Our duty to the party.
5. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Bluebirds in fountains.
(c) Pay me three farthings.
(d) Oranges and lemons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what will be Julia and Winston's next meeting place?
2. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
3. What does the girl with the dark hair do in Winston's dream?
4. Who are the first two people Winston dreams about in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)