|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julia describe herself?
(a) As very attractive.
(b) As not clever.
(c) As a thought criminal.
(d) As much too young for Winston.
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Write pamplets on sex education.
(b) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(c) Advocate complete celibacy.
(d) Perform arbitrary castrations.
3. What happened to the Inner Party member with whom Julia had her first affair?
(a) He was caught and vaporized.
(b) He vanished mysteriously.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) His helicopter crashed.
4. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The human soundtrack.
(d) The wicked witch of Oceania.
5. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A desk lamp.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A paperweight.
(d) An ink blotter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
2. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
3. What do the proles call rocketbombs?
4. What does the prostitute not have?
5. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)