|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Part 2, what is waiting for Winston?
(b) The grave.
2. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our shared responsibility.
(c) The unspeakable.
(d) Our duty to the party.
3. How does Winston recognize the junk shop?
(a) Seven wooden books.
(b) Two ivory birds.
(c) Three metal balls.
(d) Four smiling fairies.
4. What does Julia call the only safe way to talk in public?
(a) Broken telephone.
(b) Talking by installments.
(c) Sign language.
5. What is used only by the proles?
(c) Hand tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
2. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What fell on Colchester?
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. How does Julia describe herself?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)