|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(b) Pay me three farthings.
(c) Bluebirds in fountains.
(d) Oranges and lemons.
2. What does the prostitute not have?
(b) Change for a ten.
(d) Proper ID.
3. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(b) Going for a walk.
(d) Writing in his diary.
4. What word is on Winston's lips when he awakens from his dream in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(d) And should never be attempted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used only by the proles?
2. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
3. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
4. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
5. What is the last thing Winston does in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)