|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Oceania at war?
2. What is the Newspeak word for individualism?
3. What kind of pencil does O'Brien use?
(a) Gold plated.
(c) Gold ink.
4. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(b) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(c) Write pamplets on sex education.
(d) Advocate complete celibacy.
5. What does Winston buy in the junk shop?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) An ink blotter.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A desk lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in the telescreen call Winston?
2. Where does Winston miss a meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What does Ingsoc mean?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)