|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the bells of St. Clement's say?
(a) Bluebirds in fountains.
(b) Oranges and lemons.
(d) Pay me three farthings.
2. What ailment does Winston suffer from?
(a) Swollen lymph nodes.
(c) Varicose veins.
(d) A varicose ulcer.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Winston sorry he didn't do to his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Pay her off.
(c) Love her.
(d) Kill her.
4. What is the name of the mandatory morning exercise program?
(a) The Mandatory Morning Exercise Program.
(b) The Physical Jerks.
(c) Aerobics with Goldstein.
(d) The Morning Stretches.
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To choke down some food.
(b) To vomit profusely.
(c) To turn back time.
(d) To shout filthy words.
Short Answer Questions
1. If independent thought and a diary are the first step, what is the last step?
2. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
3. Of what do Winston and Julia not discuss the possibility?
4. With whom is Oceania at war?
5. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)