|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
(c) Have sex with her.
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(b) And should never be attempted.
(c) And would always be that way.
(d) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
3. What is the name of Winston's wife?
4. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(b) A safe.
(d) A microphone.
5. What is Winston's phobia?
(a) English people.
(c) Open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
2. What device is used to write songs?
3. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)