|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Kill Julia.
(b) Pick up the pieces of the paperweight.
(c) Let them go.
(d) Stand down.
2. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Thoughtcrime Week.
(b) Duty Week.
(c) Hate Week.
(d) War Week.
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) Behind the picture.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the ceiling.
(d) In the cabinet.
5. What is Winston's phobia?
(c) English people.
(d) Open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
2. What is used only by the proles?
3. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)