|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device is used to write songs?
2. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
(a) The FFCC.
(b) The Ministry of Truth.
(c) The Thought Police.
(d) The Brotherhood.
3. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
4. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can put on makeup.
(b) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(c) So she can undress.
(d) So she can dress.
5. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our shared responsibility.
(b) Our duty to the party.
(d) The unspeakable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
2. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
3. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What does the prostitute not have?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)