|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(b) Going for a walk.
(d) Writing in his diary.
2. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(b) Write pamplets on sex education.
(c) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(d) Advocate complete celibacy.
3. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) And would always be that way.
(c) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(d) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
4. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can put on makeup.
(b) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(c) So she can dress.
(d) So she can undress.
5. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What is used only by the proles?
3. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What does the prostitute not have?
5. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)