|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can undress.
(b) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(c) So she can put on makeup.
(d) So she can dress.
2. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Duty Week.
(b) Hate Week.
(c) Thoughtcrime Week.
(d) War Week.
3. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
(a) The paperweight.
(b) Julia's knee.
(c) Winston's ego.
(d) The bed.
4. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
(b) A man.
5. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our shared responsibility.
(c) Our duty to the party.
(d) The unspeakable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
3. What device is used to write songs?
4. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
5. What is the name of Winston's wife?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)