|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) You are not as smart as you think you are.
(b) You have been betrayed.
(c) Get down on the ground.
(d) You are the dead.
2. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Kill Julia.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Stand down.
(d) Pick up the pieces of the paperweight.
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our shared responsibility.
(b) Our duty to the party.
(d) The unspeakable.
4. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(b) A safe.
(c) A microphone.
5. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can dress.
(b) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(c) So she can undress.
(d) So she can put on makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
3. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
5. What is the name of Winston's wife?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)