|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) In the ceiling.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the picture.
(d) In the cabinet.
2. What does the prostitute not have?
(a) Change for a ten.
(b) Proper ID.
3. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
(a) Perform arbitrary castrations.
(b) Hunt down adulterers and prostitutes.
(c) Write pamplets on sex education.
(d) Advocate complete celibacy.
4. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) So she can undress.
(b) So she can put on makeup.
(c) So she an get a gift out of her bag.
(d) So she can dress.
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Chanting and walking by.
(b) Whistling and gardening.
(c) Humming and painting.
(d) Singing and hanging laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
2. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
3. What is used only by the proles?
4. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
5. When Winston sees the prostitute in the light, he sees that she is _____.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)