|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prostitute not have?
(b) Change for a ten.
(d) Proper ID.
2. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Writing in his diary.
(d) Going for a walk.
3. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(b) The human soundtrack.
(c) She who must be obeyed.
4. What is Winston's phobia?
(a) English people.
(c) Open spaces.
5. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) Get down on the ground.
(b) You have been betrayed.
(c) You are not as smart as you think you are.
(d) You are the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
3. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)