|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winston doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
(c) Going for a walk.
(d) Writing in his diary.
2. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(c) And would always be that way.
(d) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
3. What is Winston's phobia?
(c) English people.
(d) Open spaces.
4. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(b) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(c) She who must be obeyed.
(d) The human soundtrack.
5. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
3. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
4. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
5. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)