|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hate Week.
(b) Duty Week.
(c) Thoughtcrime Week.
(d) War Week.
2. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To shout filthy words.
(b) To turn back time.
(c) To choke down some food.
(d) To vomit profusely.
3. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
(a) In the cabinet.
(b) Behind the picture.
(c) In the ceiling.
(d) Under the bed.
4. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) You are the dead.
(b) Get down on the ground.
(c) You have been betrayed.
(d) You are not as smart as you think you are.
5. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Singing and hanging laundry.
(b) Whistling and gardening.
(c) Chanting and walking by.
(d) Humming and painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
2. What was smashed during the arrest of Winston and Julia?
3. What is the name of Winston's wife?
4. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
5. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)