|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And should never be attempted.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
(d) And would always be that way.
2. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Kill Julia.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Stand down.
(d) Pick up the pieces of the paperweight.
3. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
4. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(b) Our shared responsibility.
(c) The unspeakable.
(d) Our duty to the party.
5. What words bring the beginning of the end for Julia and Winston?
(a) Get down on the ground.
(b) You are the dead.
(c) You have been betrayed.
(d) You are not as smart as you think you are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia ask Winston to turn around in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What device is used to write songs?
3. What does the Junior Anti-Sex League do?
4. Where was the telescreen that caught Winston and Julia hidden?
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)