|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hate Week.
(b) Duty Week.
(c) Thoughtcrime Week.
(d) War Week.
2. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Humming and painting.
(b) Chanting and walking by.
(c) Whistling and gardening.
(d) Singing and hanging laundry.
3. Katharine has two names for sex. One is "making a baby." What is the other?
(a) Our duty to the party.
(b) The unspeakable.
(d) Our shared responsibility.
4. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(a) She who must be obeyed.
(b) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(c) The human soundtrack.
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
(a) To shout filthy words.
(b) To turn back time.
(c) To vomit profusely.
(d) To choke down some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does Mr. Charrington really belong?
2. What is the ideal way for children to be conceived in Oceania?
3. What device is used to write songs?
4. What were the police holding when they arrested Winston and Julia?
5. What is used only by the proles?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)