|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Winston's wife?
2. What does Winston decide to do with the prostitute?
(a) Pay her to not tell anyone he was there.
(b) Kill her.
(d) Have sex with her.
3. Consorting with prostitutes was "dangerous, ___________________." (Part 1, Chapter 6)
(a) And would always be that way.
(b) But it was not a life-and-death matter.
(c) And should never be attempted.
(d) But necessary to keep one's sanity.
4. What is the prole woman doing outside the window in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Whistling and gardening.
(b) Humming and painting.
(c) Chanting and walking by.
(d) Singing and hanging laundry.
5. What is Winston's nickname for his wife?
(b) She who must be obeyed.
(c) The wicked witch of Oceania.
(d) The human soundtrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston's phobia?
2. What does Mr. Charrington order the officers to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
3. Which event's preparations causes an increase in working hours in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What does Julia think is behind the picture in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What urge is stronger than ever when Winston was finished writing about the prostitute?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)