Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
3. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
4. Where do the Ellenborgens live?
5. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
Dialogue is used heavily throughout the book. Cite examples of the use of dialogue that are especially memorable. Why is dialogue so important to this short story collection? How does it help the reader? What does dialogue keep from the reader?
Compare and contrast your favorite and least favorite characters in the book. Use specific examples from the book to explain what you do and do not like about each character.
Discuss irony as a theme throughout the Nine Stories collection. How is it used to create suspense, power and other emotions that are meant to draw the reader into the stories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)