Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
3. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
4. Where do the Ellenborgens live?
5. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
Being a meditating child genius that is unaffected by emotion, Teddy is one of the more unique characters in the collection. Explore and analyze Teddy as a character. How does his age affect the story? How do you feel about his lack of emotion on any topic? What makes Teddy so different from the other characters Salinger creates in the collection?
Compare and contrast Lionel and Teddy. What does each character have in common? What makes them different? Analyze their challenges with family, beliefs and events.
How is dark comedy used in this collection? What does it add to the collection? How does it affect the reader? Why is dark humor used to discuss topics that are normally taboo? Why is dark humor needed to talk about topics that are normally taboo?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)