|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(a) Big River.
(b) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
(d) Kentucky Babe.
3. What is one of Joanie's best traits?
(d) Picking out suits.
4. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
5. When does Arthur start thinking about leaving his wife?
(b) Last summer.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Last year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
3. What does Sandra worry about weighing around the boy?
4. Why does Arthur say his marriage isn't working?
5. What happens to Charles' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lionel run away so often?
2. Why is it ironic that the school closes down for not having a business license?
3. How does the story, Down at the Dinghy, end?
4. How does Boo Boo handle Lionel's habit of running away?
5. Why does the narrator and Bobby move back to New York nine years later?
6. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
7. Why does Esme's long and complicated letter soothe the narrator more than one from his family?
8. Describe the narrator in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor.
9. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
10. Why does Arthur call Lee in the first place of Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)