|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's most traumatic move in the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) From New Jersey to Rome.
(b) Back to Paris from New Jersey.
(c) Back to New York from Paris.
(d) From New York to Paris.
2. What is the narrator's first assignment from Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) Translating letters.
(b) Sweeping the floor.
(d) Instructing students.
3. Whose work does the narrator still recall clearly after many years?
(a) Bambi Kramer.
(b) Sister Irma.
(c) Mr. Yoshoto.
(d) R. Howard Ridgefield.
4. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A gray-haired woman.
(b) A gray-haired man.
(c) A young man.
(d) A young woman.
5. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
(a) For his new job.
(b) To learn how to speak French.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To escape the Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator write a letter to Mr. Yoshoto?
2. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
3. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
4. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
5. What course do 60 American enlisted men take in the story, For Esme - With Love and Squalor?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)