|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(a) Kentucky Babe.
(c) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
(d) Big River.
2. What year does Bobby die?
3. Why does Arthur want to move?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To buy a bigger house.
(c) To spend more time relaxing.
(d) To cut Joanie's social life off.
4. What is one of Joanie's best traits?
(c) Picking out suits.
5. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur think Joanie enjoys most about a new house?
2. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
3. Who is Miss Megley?
4. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
5. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Esme's long and complicated letter soothe the narrator more than one from his family?
2. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
3. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
4. How does Boo Boo handle Lionel's habit of running away?
5. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
6. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
7. Why does Lionel cry when he throws the key chain overboard?
8. Why does the narrator like the bulletin board outside the church so much in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor?
9. Why is Sandra so worried about Lionel when he runs away in Down at the Dinghy?
10. Why does Arthur think his marriage isn't working?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)