|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
(a) El Grecco.
(d) Da Vinci.
2. What is Esme training herself to be?
(a) More compassionate.
(b) A better singer.
(c) A better reader.
(d) A better dancer.
3. Where do the Ellenborgens live?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
4. Where does Arthur want to move?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
5. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
(a) The training facility.
(b) The organ concert.
(d) The tea room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
2. In De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, what is the narrator's most unrealistic wish for New York?
3. Whose work does the narrator still recall clearly after many years?
4. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
5. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arthur want to move to Connecticut?
2. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
3. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
4. What happens to the narrator after he leaves the training course?
5. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
6. Why is Sandra so worried about Lionel when he runs away in Down at the Dinghy?
7. Why does Arthur call Lee back and pretend Joanie is finally home?
8. Why does Lionel run away so often?
9. Why is the narrator so taken by Esme?
10. Why does Arthur think his marriage isn't working?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)