|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother-in-law want him to send her?
(d) Cashmere yarn.
2. Arthur says the only people he knows in New York are Lee and a bunch of ________?
(c) Drug addicts.
3. Why is the narrator of De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period going to art school?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To help his commercial art career.
(c) To make Bobby happy.
(d) To fill the time during the day.
4. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. What is one of Joanie's best traits?
(c) Picking out suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
2. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
3. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
4. Why does Arthur call Lee at the beginning of the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
5. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
2. Why does Arthur want to move to Connecticut?
3. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
4. Why does Lionel cry when he throws the key chain overboard?
5. How does the story, Down at the Dinghy, end?
6. What do the pickles, key chain and goggles tell us about Lionel?
7. Why does Arthur call Lee in the first place of Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
8. Why does Arthur think his marriage isn't working?
9. Why is Sandra so worried about Lionel when he runs away in Down at the Dinghy?
10. Why does the narrator like the bulletin board outside the church so much in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)