|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
2. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
(a) 250 yards.
(b) The front door.
(c) A couple of miles.
(d) A couple of blocks.
3. What does Esme want to read about most?
(d) Her father.
4. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
(a) Around her neck.
(b) Around her head.
(c) Around her waist.
(d) Around her leg.
5. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A gray-haired man.
(d) A gray-haired woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the job the narrator applied for under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith, pay?
2. What does Arthur put up with for five years?
3. How old is Lionel when he first disappears?
4. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
5. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
2. What do the pickles, key chain and goggles tell us about Lionel?
3. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
4. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
5. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris in 1929?
6. Why does the narrator like the bulletin board outside the church so much in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor?
7. Describe the narrator in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor.
8. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
9. Why does Arthur want to move to Connecticut?
10. Why does the narrator and Bobby move back to New York nine years later?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)