|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
3. Who is Sandra?
(a) The sister.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The maid.
(d) The mother.
4. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) With Bob and Leona.
(b) With the Ellenbogens.
(c) With Lee.
(d) With Arthur.
5. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(b) Pablo Picasso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
2. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
3. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
4. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
5. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arthur call Lee in the first place of Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
2. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
3. Why does Esme's long and complicated letter soothe the narrator more than one from his family?
4. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
5. What does Arthur do for a living? How does the reader know?
6. Why does Lionel run away so often?
7. Describe the narrator in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor.
8. Why is it ironic that the school closes down for not having a business license?
9. Why does Arthur think his marriage isn't working?
10. Why does the narrator like the bulletin board outside the church so much in For Esme -- with Love and Squalor?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)