|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
(c) Air Force.
2. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(b) Seymour is physically sick.
(c) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(d) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
3. What does Selena's father do for a living?
(a) He sells on the stock market.
(b) He makes tennis balls.
(c) He is an English teacher.
(d) He is in the military.
4. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies in WWII battle.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He gets run over by a car.
(d) He dies of cancer.
5. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) She buys it.
(b) She finds it in college.
(c) From her mom.
(d) From Eloise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
2. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
3. Who is Eric?
4. Who graduates from college first, Mary Jane or Eloise?
5. Who does Eloise call an "unattractive Bela Lugosi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
2. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
3. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
4. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
5. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
6. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
7. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
8. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
9. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
10. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)