|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Mary Jane.
(d) Jimmy Jimmereano.
2. Who is Joan?
(a) Eric's girlfriend.
(b) Franklin's girlfiend.
(c) Selena's sister.
(d) Ginnie's sister.
3. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The New York Jets.
(c) The New York Mets.
(d) The New York Yankees.
4. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A tightly closed robe.
(b) A long pair of pants.
(c) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(d) A backpack filled with sheet music.
5. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
(a) A movie actor.
(b) Romona's neighbor.
(c) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(d) A friend of Eloise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
2. What does the Chief drive?
3. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
4. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
5. How old is the main character in 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
2. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
3. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
4. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
5. Who is the Laughing Man?
6. Why is the setting appropriate for the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
7. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
8. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
9. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
10. What happens to the Laughing Man?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)