|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) From her mom.
(b) From Eloise.
(c) She buys it.
(d) She finds it in college.
2. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
(a) A nice couple also staying at the hotel.
(b) A famous athlete also staying at the hotel.
(c) A psychiatrist also staying at the hotel.
(d) A Navy man also staying at the hotel.
3. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
(a) Expensive and classy.
(b) Expensive and cheesy.
(c) Cheap and cheesy.
(d) Cheap but classy.
4. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Dr. Whiting.
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) Mr. Weyinburg.
5. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A towel.
(d) A dry bathing suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Laughing Man subsist on?
2. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
3. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
4. How many times is Mary Jane at Eloise's house before?
5. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
2. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
3. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
4. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
5. Who is the Chief?
6. How does the reader know the setting takes place shortly after the end of World War II?
7. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
8. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
9. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
10. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)