Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(b) Seymour is physically sick.
(c) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(d) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
2. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
3. Where is the Chief from?
(b) Statan Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
4. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
(a) Selena is a good tennis player.
(b) Selena always brings fresh tennis balls.
(c) Selena always pays for the ride to the court.
(d) Selena is not a good tennis player.
5. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) Muriel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
2. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
3. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
4. How old is the main character in 1928?
5. Who is Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
2. How does the reader know Teddy is a child genius?
3. What happens to the Laughing Man?
4. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
5. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
6. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
7. Why does the narrator lie in his lengthy application letter to the art school in Montreal?
8. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
9. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
10. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)