|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is physically sick.
(b) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(c) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
(d) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
2. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
3. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
4. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
(a) Tennis rackets.
(b) Tennis balls.
(c) Chicken sandwiches.
5. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A tightly closed robe.
(b) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(c) A long pair of pants.
(d) A backpack filled with sheet music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
2. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
3. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
4. What needs $400 to be repaired?
5. What does the Laughing Man subsist on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
2. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
3. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
4. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
5. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
6. What happens to the Laughing Man?
7. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
8. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
9. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
10. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)