|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
2. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(d) A long pair of pants.
3. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
4. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
(a) This is the first.
5. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
2. Who is Joan?
3. Who is John Gedsudski?
4. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
5. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
2. What happens to the Laughing Man?
3. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
4. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
5. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
6. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
7. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
8. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
9. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
10. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)