|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A long pair of pants.
(d) A backpack filled with sheet music.
2. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
3. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) Nothing honest.
(b) That they need to work two jobs.
(c) How much they need them.
(d) How much they love them.
4. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
(a) Mary Jane's co-worker.
(b) Mary Jane's sister.
(c) Ramona's imaginary friend.
(d) Ramon's brother.
5. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) The trees.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His best friend.
(d) All of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
2. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
3. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
4. Where is Muriel Glass' hotel located?
5. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
2. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
3. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
4. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
5. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
6. What happens to the Laughing Man?
7. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
8. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
9. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
10. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)