|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Franklin?
(a) Ginnie's father.
(b) Ginnie's brother.
(c) Selena's brother.
(d) Selena's father.
2. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
(a) At school.
(b) At a Christmas party.
(c) In the park.
(d) At prom.
3. What does the Chief drive?
(a) A double-decker bus.
(b) A van.
(c) A reconverted commerical bus.
(d) A city bus.
4. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
(a) They work together.
(b) They are college roommates.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are cousins.
5. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs $400 to be repaired?
2. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
3. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
4. Who is very ill in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
5. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Chief?
2. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
3. Why is the setting appropriate for the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
4. Who is the Laughing Man?
5. What happens to the Laughing Man?
6. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
7. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
8. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
9. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
10. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)