|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
(b) The Chief.
(c) Black Wing.
2. Who is very ill in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Ginnie's mother.
(b) Ginnie's father.
(c) Selena's mother.
(d) Selena's father.
3. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
4. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) All of the animals.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) The trees.
(d) His best friend.
5. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dry bathing suit.
(d) A towel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
2. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
3. Who is Joan?
4. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
5. How old is the main character in 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the narrator after he leaves the training course?
2. Why does Lionel run away so often?
3. Why does Esme's long and complicated letter soothe the narrator more than one from his family?
4. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
5. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris in 1929?
6. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
7. Why is the narrator so taken with Sister Irma?
8. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
9. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
10. Why is the narrator so taken by Esme?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)