|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Seymour Glass?
(a) Muriel's brother.
(b) Muriel's father.
(c) Muriel's husband.
(d) Muriel's uncle.
2. What do the boys do on rainy days?
(a) Do homework.
(b) Go to museums.
(c) Go to the library.
(d) Play indoor sports.
3. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The New York Mets.
(c) The New York Jets.
(d) The New York Yankees.
4. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies of cancer.
(b) He gets run over by a car.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He dies in WWII battle.
5. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) That they need to work two jobs.
(b) Nothing honest.
(c) How much they need them.
(d) How much they love them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lew?
2. Who talks to Dr. Sivetski about Seymour's condition?
3. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
4. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
5. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
2. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
3. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
4. How does the reader know the setting takes place shortly after the end of World War II?
5. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
6. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
7. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
8. Why aren't there any men 'seen' in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
9. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
10. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)