|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
(b) He shoots himself in the leg.
(c) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
(d) He shoots himself through the right temple.
2. How does Walt die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) Old age.
(c) A stove explodes.
(d) In combat.
3. How many kids are in the Comanche Club?
4. Who is very ill in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Selena's father.
(b) Selena's mother.
(c) Ginnie's father.
(d) Ginnie's mother.
5. What does Sybil complain to Seymour about when meeting him on the beach?
(a) Seymour doesn't play the piano the night before.
(b) Seymour lets another girl sit next to him on the piano bench.
(c) Seymour lets his wife sit next to him on the piano bench.
(d) Seymour refuses to teach Sybil how to play the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
2. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
3. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
4. What do the boys do on sunny days?
5. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
2. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
3. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
4. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
5. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
6. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
7. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
8. Why aren't there any men 'seen' in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
9. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
10. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)