|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
2. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
(a) She is talking loudly.
(b) She is taking up too much room.
(c) She is looking at his feet.
(d) She is pushing Seymour to get out of the elevator.
3. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(d) A long pair of pants.
4. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Jets.
(b) The New York Yankees.
(c) The New York Mets.
(d) The New York Giants.
5. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
2. Who is Seymour Glass?
3. What does the Chief drive?
4. Who is Lew?
5. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
2. What indications does the reader have in the beginning of the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, that it is about a wealthy group of people?
3. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
4. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
5. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
6. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
7. What happens to the Laughing Man?
8. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
9. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
10. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)