|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eloise marry her husband?
(a) He is nice to her.
(b) He makes her laugh.
(c) He is the most handsome man she's ever met.
(d) He says he loves Jane Austen.
2. What do the boys do on rainy days?
(a) Do homework.
(b) Go to museums.
(c) Play indoor sports.
(d) Go to the library.
3. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
4. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) That they need to work two jobs.
(b) Nothing honest.
(c) How much they need them.
(d) How much they love them.
5. What is Ginnie's full name?
(a) Virginia Mannox.
(b) Ginnie Maddox.
(c) Virginia Maddox.
(d) Ginnie Mannox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the main character in 1928?
2. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
3. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
4. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
5. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
2. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
3. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
4. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
5. How does the reader know the setting takes place shortly after the end of World War II?
6. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
7. Who is the Chief?
8. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
9. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
10. Why is the setting appropriate for the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)