|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Muriel Glass doing when the call comes through from the hotel operator?
(a) Brushing her teeth.
(b) Ironing her clothes.
(c) Painting her nails.
(d) Tweezing a mole hair.
2. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself through the right temple.
(b) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
(c) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
(d) He shoots himself in the leg.
3. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The New York Jets.
(c) The New York Mets.
(d) The New York Yankees.
4. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
(a) At a Christmas party.
(b) In the park.
(c) At school.
(d) At prom.
5. What does Selena's father do for a living?
(a) He sells on the stock market.
(b) He makes tennis balls.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is an English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids are in the Comanche Club?
2. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
3. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
4. Who is John Gedsudski?
5. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
2. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
3. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
4. Who is the Laughing Man?
5. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
6. What happens to the Laughing Man?
7. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
8. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
9. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
10. Who is the Chief?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)