|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays the Chief?
(a) The school.
(b) The boys.
(c) The parents.
(d) The city.
2. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
(a) Eloise's husband.
(b) Eloise's college sweetheart.
(c) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(d) Mary Jane's boss.
3. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) That they need to work two jobs.
(b) How much they need them.
(c) How much they love them.
(d) Nothing honest.
4. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(d) Muriel's mother.
5. Who is Lew?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) Mary Jane's boss.
(c) The butler.
(d) Eloise's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginnie's full name?
2. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
3. What does Ginnie believe she is unfairly paying for?
4. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
5. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
2. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
3. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
4. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
5. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
6. Why aren't there any men 'seen' in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
7. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
8. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
9. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
10. Why is the setting appropriate for the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)