|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
2. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
(a) Tennis balls.
(b) Tennis rackets.
(c) Chicken sandwiches.
3. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(b) Muriel's mother.
4. Who does Eloise call an "unattractive Bela Lugosi"?
(a) Uncle Wiggily.
(b) Frank Henke.
(c) Mr. Weyinburg.
(d) Dr. Whiting.
5. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
(a) Black Wing.
(c) The Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Franklin?
2. What is Ginnie's full name?
3. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
4. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
5. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
2. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
3. What indications does the reader have in the beginning of the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, that it is about a wealthy group of people?
4. Who is the Laughing Man?
5. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
6. What happens to the narrator after he leaves the training course?
7. What happens to the Laughing Man?
8. How is the short story Teddy similar to the short story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
9. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
10. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)