|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies in WWII battle.
(b) He dies of cancer.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He gets run over by a car.
2. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
(a) Romona's neighbor.
(b) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(c) A friend of Eloise.
(d) A movie actor.
3. Who does Eloise call an "unattractive Bela Lugosi"?
(a) Mr. Weyinburg.
(b) Dr. Whiting.
(c) Frank Henke.
(d) Uncle Wiggily.
4. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
(b) This is the first.
5. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
(a) A red veil.
(b) A red mask.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A piece of red tissue paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
2. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
3. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
4. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
5. What does the Chief drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
2. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
3. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
4. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
5. Who is the Laughing Man?
6. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
7. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
8. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
9. How does the reader know the setting takes place shortly after the end of World War II?
10. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)