|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are college roommates.
(d) They work together.
2. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
3. What is Muriel Glass doing when the call comes through from the hotel operator?
(a) Painting her nails.
(b) Tweezing a mole hair.
(c) Ironing her clothes.
(d) Brushing her teeth.
4. What does the Chief drive?
(a) A reconverted commerical bus.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A van.
(d) A double-decker bus.
5. Where is Muriel Glass' hotel located?
(a) Jacksonville, Florida.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Charlotte, North Carolina.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
2. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
3. Who is Eric?
4. What does Ginnie believe she is unfairly paying for?
5. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
2. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
3. Why does Arthur call Lee back and pretend Joanie is finally home?
4. Who is the Chief?
5. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
6. Why does Arthur think his marriage isn't working?
7. Why does the narrator and Bobby move back to New York nine years later?
8. Why does Arthur call Lee in the first place of Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
9. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
10. Why does the tea room likely suit the narrator as a place to spend his last few hours in the town rather than the Red Cross recreation room?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)