|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks to Dr. Sivetski about Seymour's condition?
(b) Muriel's father.
(d) Muriel's mother.
2. Where is the Chief from?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Statan Island.
3. What needs $400 to be repaired?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The car.
(d) The house.
4. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
(d) This is the first.
5. What do the boys do on sunny days?
(a) Play sports.
(b) Go to a museum.
(c) Do homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
2. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
3. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
4. What does the Chief drive?
5. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
2. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
3. Why is the reader uncertain whether Seymour is going to shoot himself, Muriel or both when he grabs the pistol out of the suitcase?
4. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
5. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
6. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
7. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
8. What indications does the reader have in the beginning of the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, that it is about a wealthy group of people?
9. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
10. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)