|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Mary Jane.
2. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) Nothing honest.
(b) How much they love them.
(c) How much they need them.
(d) That they need to work two jobs.
3. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Ginnie's tennis coach.
(d) Selena's brother.
4. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(d) Muriel's mother.
5. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
(a) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
2. What is Ginnie's full name?
3. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
4. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
5. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Chief?
2. Why does Arthur call Lee in the first place of Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
3. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
4. Why does Arthur call Lee back and pretend Joanie is finally home?
5. Why does Esme's long and complicated letter soothe the narrator more than one from his family?
6. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
7. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
8. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
9. Who does Lee think Joanie goes with after the party?
10. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)