|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(c) Muriel's mother.
2. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
3. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
(a) Tennis rackets.
(b) Tennis balls.
(c) Chicken sandwiches.
4. Where is the Chief from?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
(d) Statan Island.
5. Who graduates from college first, Mary Jane or Eloise?
(a) Neither of them graduated.
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) They are still in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
2. How old is the main character in 1928?
3. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
4. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
5. What does Ginnie believe she is unfairly paying for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the floating red tissue represent in The Laughing Man?
2. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
3. Why are Mary Jane and Eloise good friends for each other?
4. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
5. What happens to the Laughing Man?
6. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
7. Who is the Chief?
8. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
9. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
10. Who is the Laughing Man?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)