|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lew?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mary Jane's boss.
2. How many times is Mary Jane at Eloise's house before?
(a) First time.
(c) Three times.
3. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
4. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
(a) A red veil.
(b) A piece of red tissue paper.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A red mask.
5. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(b) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
(c) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(d) Seymour is physically sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
2. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
3. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
4. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
5. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
2. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
3. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
4. What does Franklin do to make Ginnie look at him in a positive light?
5. Why does Ginnie think Selena's brother looks goofy?
6. Who is the Laughing Man?
7. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
8. Why is the Chief so important to the boys?
9. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
10. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)