|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys do on sunny days?
(a) Play sports.
(b) Do homework.
(c) Go to a museum.
2. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's father.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) Muriel's mother.
3. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Jimmy Jimmereano.
(d) Mary Jane.
4. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
(a) Chicken sandwiches.
(b) Tennis balls.
(d) Tennis rackets.
5. Who is Eric?
(a) Franklin's friend.
(b) Ginnie's brother.
(c) Ginnie's father.
(d) Selena's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joan?
2. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
3. Who is Franklin?
4. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
5. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
2. Why does Ginnie suddenly forgive Selena's debt?
3. Why does Eloise so fondly remember Walt?
4. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
5. Why can the reader sympathize with Eloise more than envy her?
6. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
7. Who speaks the most during the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos, and from who's point of view is the story told?
8. Why doesn't the narrator list all of the Chief's attributes?
9. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
10. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)