|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
(a) He drops her into the water.
(b) He shows her the fish he is looking for.
(c) He splashes her.
(d) He kisses one of her feet.
2. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His best friend.
(b) All of the animals.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) The trees.
3. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
(b) Tennis rackets.
(c) Chicken sandwiches.
(d) Tennis balls.
4. What does the Chief drive?
(a) A city bus.
(b) A van.
(c) A reconverted commerical bus.
(d) A double-decker bus.
5. Where is the Chief from?
(a) Statan Island.
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eric?
2. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
3. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
4. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
5. What is Muriel Glass doing when the call comes through from the hotel operator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Jane part of the story, Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
2. What makes the reader think that perhaps Eric is not allowed into the military because he is homosexual?
3. What do Walt and Jimmy Jimmereeno have in common in the story Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut?
4. What clues is the reader given that Franklin is bitter about Joan?
5. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
6. Why is the setting appropriate for the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
7. What is wrong physically with Ramona?
8. Why aren't there any men 'seen' in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
9. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
10. What is the issue with the book Seymour gives Muriel?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)