|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sandra?
(a) The mother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The maid.
(d) The sister.
2. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A gray-haired woman.
(b) A gray-haired man.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A young man.
3. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
(a) To learn how to sail.
(b) To listen to Sandra.
(c) Not to run away anymore.
(d) To eat more vegetables.
4. Why is Le Amis Des Vieux Maitres closed down?
(a) It doesn't have a license.
(b) It is out of money.
(c) It doesn't have any instructors.
(d) It doesn't have any students.
5. What is the narrator's first assignment from Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) Translating letters.
(b) Instructing students.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
6. What does Arthur think Joanie enjoys most about a new house?
(a) Getting a dog.
(b) The quiet.
(c) The garden.
(d) Decorating the new house.
7. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
(a) Art buyer.
(b) Art critic.
(c) Art teacher.
(d) English teacher.
8. Whose work does the narrator still recall clearly after many years?
(a) Bambi Kramer.
(b) R. Howard Ridgefield.
(c) Sister Irma.
(d) Mr. Yoshoto.
9. How does the narrator in the story, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, receive the wedding invitation?
(a) By e-mail.
(b) By air mail.
(c) By phone.
(d) By telegram.
10. What does Sandra worry about weighing around the boy?
(a) The beans.
(b) The coffee.
(c) Her concern.
(d) Her words.
11. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) He loves her too much.
(c) She starts treating him better.
(d) She makes him laugh too much.
12. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
(a) Mrs. Snell.
(d) Boo Boo.
13. What happens to Charles' father?
(a) He is killed in a car accident.
(b) He dies of heart failure.
(c) He is killed in North Africa.
(d) He is killed on D-Day.
14. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
(a) A couple of miles.
(b) The front door.
(c) 250 yards.
(d) A couple of blocks.
15. What does Arthur put up with for five years?
(a) Joanie's bad cooking.
(b) Joanie running around with other men.
(c) Joanie's excessive drinking.
(d) Joanie's excessive gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
2. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
3. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
4. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
5. What feature does the narrator first notice about Charles?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)