|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
2. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) With the Ellenbogens.
(b) With Bob and Leona.
(c) With Lee.
(d) With Arthur.
3. Where does Lee think the Ellenbogens go after the party?
(b) To the train station.
(c) Up the coast.
(d) The Village.
4. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
(a) El Grecco.
(c) Da Vinci.
5. Who wins the race back to the house at the end of the story, Down at the Dinghy?
(b) Lionel's father.
(c) Lionel's neighbor.
(d) Boo Boo.
6. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
(a) The Stork Club.
(b) The Beak Club.
(c) The Beach Club.
(d) The Front Room.
7. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
(a) The choir practice instructor.
(b) The tea room owner.
(c) The talented girl from choir practice.
(d) The waitress.
8. What year does Bobby die?
9. Where does Arthur want to move?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
10. When does Arthur start thinking about leaving his wife?
(a) Five years ago.
(c) Last summer.
(d) Last year.
11. Whose work does the narrator still recall clearly after many years?
(a) Mr. Yoshoto.
(b) Bambi Kramer.
(c) Sister Irma.
(d) R. Howard Ridgefield.
12. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
13. Who is Miss Megley?
(a) The governess.
(b) The narrator's wife.
(c) The talented young singer.
(d) The waitress.
14. How old is Lionel when he first disappears?
(b) Two and a half.
(c) One and a half.
(d) Three and a half.
15. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
2. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
3. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
4. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
5. Who is Boo Boo Tannenbaum?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)