|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lionel think a 'kike' is?
(a) A key chain.
(b) A kite.
(c) A thief.
(d) A saint.
2. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) Wall Street crash of 1929.
(b) He loses his job.
(d) He is robbed.
3. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
(a) To eat more vegetables.
(b) To listen to Sandra.
(c) To learn how to sail.
(d) Not to run away anymore.
4. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
(a) The Front Room.
(b) The Stork Club.
(c) The Beach Club.
(d) The Beak Club.
5. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
(a) Boo Boo.
(d) Mrs. Snell.
6. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
(a) Her aunt is ill.
(b) She moves.
(c) She loses the narrator's address.
(d) Her brother is ill.
7. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(d) Pablo Picasso.
8. What year does Bobby die?
9. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
10. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
(a) He loves her too much.
(b) She starts treating him better.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) She makes him laugh too much.
11. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
(a) Boo Boo.
(c) Uncle Webb and Uncle Seymour.
(d) Lionel's father.
12. Why does Arthur call Lee at the beginning of the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) He is looking for Joanie.
(b) He is asking about work.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He wants to come over.
13. What is the narrator's most traumatic move in the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) From New Jersey to Rome.
(b) From New York to Paris.
(c) Back to Paris from New Jersey.
(d) Back to New York from Paris.
14. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) With Bob and Leona.
(b) With the Ellenbogens.
(c) With Lee.
(d) With Arthur.
15. How old is Lionel when he first disappears?
(a) One and a half.
(c) Two and a half.
(d) Three and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
2. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
3. What course do 60 American enlisted men take in the story, For Esme - With Love and Squalor?
4. Where does Arthur want to move?
5. Who is Miss Megley?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)