|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator order with his tea when he sits down in the tea room to read old letters?
(a) A croissant.
(b) Cinnamon toast.
(c) A bagel.
2. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
(b) El Grecco.
(d) Da Vinci.
3. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
4. How does the narrator in the story, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, receive the wedding invitation?
(a) By telegram.
(b) By e-mail.
(c) By air mail.
(d) By phone.
5. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(b) Big River.
(c) Kentucky Babe.
(d) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
6. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
(a) An organ concert.
(b) A bible reading.
(c) Children's choir practice.
(d) A religious service.
7. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
8. Why does Arthur call Lee at the beginning of the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) He is looking for Joanie.
(b) He is asking about work.
(c) He wants to come over.
(d) He can't sleep.
9. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A gray-haired man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) A gray-haired woman.
10. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
(c) Peanut butter.
11. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
(a) The tea room.
(b) The training facility.
(d) The organ concert.
12. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
(a) The tea room owner.
(b) The waitress.
(c) The talented girl from choir practice.
(d) The choir practice instructor.
13. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He is robbed.
(d) Wall Street crash of 1929.
14. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
(a) Around her head.
(b) Around her leg.
(c) Around her waist.
(d) Around her neck.
15. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
(a) Uncle Webb and Uncle Seymour.
(b) Boo Boo.
(c) Lionel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
2. Who is Sandra?
3. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
4. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
5. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)