|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(c) Pablo Picasso.
2. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
(a) He is being rude.
(b) He wants` Yoshoto to feel bad.
(c) He is joking.
(d) He is nervous.
3. What happens to Charles' father?
(a) He is killed on D-Day.
(b) He is killed in North Africa.
(c) He dies of heart failure.
(d) He is killed in a car accident.
4. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
(a) The talented girl from choir practice.
(b) The choir practice instructor.
(c) The tea room owner.
(d) The waitress.
5. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
(a) A book of jokes from Charles.
(b) A map.
(c) Her father's watch.
(d) A story.
6. What course do 60 American enlisted men take in the story, For Esme - With Love and Squalor?
(a) Parachute jumper training.
(b) Pre-Invasion training.
(c) Weapons training.
(d) Post D-Day training.
7. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A gray-haired man.
(c) A young man.
(d) A gray-haired woman.
8. Who wins the race back to the house at the end of the story, Down at the Dinghy?
(b) Lionel's neighbor.
(c) Boo Boo.
(d) Lionel's father.
9. What is the narrator's most traumatic move in the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) Back to New York from Paris.
(b) From New Jersey to Rome.
(c) Back to Paris from New Jersey.
(d) From New York to Paris.
10. How many total teeth are pulled from the narrator's mouth throughout the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
11. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
(a) Children's choir practice.
(b) A bible reading.
(c) A religious service.
(d) An organ concert.
12. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
13. Who directs the training course taken by the narrator and the 60 Americans?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(c) The FBI.
(d) British Intelligence.
14. Why is Le Amis Des Vieux Maitres closed down?
(a) It is out of money.
(b) It doesn't have any instructors.
(c) It doesn't have a license.
(d) It doesn't have any students.
15. Where does Arthur want to move?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
2. What does the narrator's mother-in-law want him to send her?
3. How does the narrator in the story, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, receive the wedding invitation?
4. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
5. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)