|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
2. Where does Arthur want to move?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
3. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
4. What course do 60 American enlisted men take in the story, For Esme - With Love and Squalor?
(a) Pre-Invasion training.
(b) Post D-Day training.
(c) Parachute jumper training.
(d) Weapons training.
5. Who is Lissberg?
(a) Joanie's lover.
(b) Arthur's client.
(c) Lee's boss.
(d) The attorney for the plantiff in Arthur's case.
6. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
(d) Peanut butter.
7. Who is Miss Megley?
(a) The waitress.
(b) The governess.
(c) The talented young singer.
(d) The narrator's wife.
8. Why is the narrator of De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period going to art school?
(a) To help his commercial art career.
(b) To make Bobby happy.
(c) To fill the time during the day.
(d) To meet women.
9. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
(a) The front door.
(b) A couple of miles.
(c) 250 yards.
(d) A couple of blocks.
10. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
(a) To get out of the rain.
(b) To read the bulletin board.
(c) To attend a religious service.
(d) To meet some friends.
11. Why does the narrator write a letter to Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) To buy a volume of books.
(b) To sell a painting.
(c) To buy a comic book.
(d) To apply for a job.
12. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
(a) To find a job.
(b) For his new job.
(c) To escape the Great Depression.
(d) To learn how to speak French.
13. What does Sandra worry about weighing around the boy?
(a) The coffee.
(b) Her concern.
(c) Her words.
(d) The beans.
14. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) Wall Street crash of 1929.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) He is robbed.
15. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
(a) Children's choir practice.
(b) A religious service.
(c) A bible reading.
(d) An organ concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
2. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
3. Why is Le Amis Des Vieux Maitres closed down?
4. Where do the Ellenborgens live?
5. What interesting item does Mrs. Snell always wear, even in summer?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)