|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the job the narrator applied for under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith, pay?
(a) $28 a week.
(b) $288 a week.
(c) $288 a month.
(d) $28 a day.
2. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
(a) Around her head.
(b) Around her neck.
(c) Around her waist.
(d) Around her leg.
3. What is the narrator's first assignment from Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(c) Translating letters.
(d) Instructing students.
4. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) Wall Street crash of 1929.
5. What does Arthur put up with for five years?
(a) Joanie running around with other men.
(b) Joanie's excessive gambling.
(c) Joanie's excessive drinking.
(d) Joanie's bad cooking.
6. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
7. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
(b) Mrs. Snell.
(c) Boo Boo.
8. Where does Arthur want to move?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
9. Who is Sandra?
(a) The sister.
(b) The maid.
(c) The mother.
(d) The neighbor.
10. Who throws the key chain into the lake?
(c) Boo Boo.
(d) No one.
11. When does Arthur start thinking about leaving his wife?
(a) Last year.
(b) Last summer.
(c) Five years ago.
12. What is Esme training herself to be?
(a) More compassionate.
(b) A better reader.
(c) A better singer.
(d) A better dancer.
13. Arthur says the only people he knows in New York are Lee and a bunch of ________?
(b) Drug addicts.
14. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(c) Pablo Picasso.
15. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
(a) Her brother is ill.
(b) She moves.
(c) Her aunt is ill.
(d) She loses the narrator's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Charles' father?
2. What are the flashes of light the narrator ignores on his walk on the last day of training?
3. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
4. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
5. Who directs the training course taken by the narrator and the 60 Americans?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)