|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
(a) Boo Boo.
(c) Lionel's father.
(d) Uncle Webb and Uncle Seymour.
2. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
(a) Her aunt is ill.
(b) Her brother is ill.
(c) She loses the narrator's address.
(d) She moves.
3. Who is Sandra?
(a) The maid.
(b) The mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The sister.
4. What is Esme training herself to be?
(a) A better reader.
(b) A better dancer.
(c) A better singer.
(d) More compassionate.
5. Why does the narrator write a letter to Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To buy a volume of books.
(c) To buy a comic book.
(d) To sell a painting.
6. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
7. Why is Le Amis Des Vieux Maitres closed down?
(a) It doesn't have any students.
(b) It doesn't have any instructors.
(c) It is out of money.
(d) It doesn't have a license.
8. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
(c) New York City.
(d) New Jersey.
9. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
(a) An organ concert.
(b) A bible reading.
(c) Children's choir practice.
(d) A religious service.
10. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
(a) The training facility.
(b) The organ concert.
(d) The tea room.
11. What feature does the narrator first notice about Charles?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His hair.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His voice.
12. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
(a) He is joking.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is being rude.
(d) He wants` Yoshoto to feel bad.
13. What does Arthur think he finds in the closets when he gets home every night?
(b) Other men.
(c) A dog.
(d) The neighbors.
14. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
15. Who is Boo Boo Tannenbaum?
(a) The shut-in living next door.
(b) The lady of the house.
(c) The son.
(d) The father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
2. How does the narrator in the story, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, receive the wedding invitation?
3. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
4. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
5. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)