|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator order with his tea when he sits down in the tea room to read old letters?
(a) A bagel.
(c) Cinnamon toast.
(d) A croissant.
2. Who is Sandra?
(a) The sister.
(b) The mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The maid.
3. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(a) Big River.
(c) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
(d) Kentucky Babe.
4. What catches the narrator's attention, urging him to go inside the church?
(a) An organ concert.
(b) A bible reading.
(c) Children's choir practice.
(d) A religious service.
5. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
(a) Her father's watch.
(b) A story.
(c) A map.
(d) A book of jokes from Charles.
6. What happens to Charles' father?
(a) He is killed in North Africa.
(b) He is killed on D-Day.
(c) He is killed in a car accident.
(d) He dies of heart failure.
7. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) With Arthur.
(b) With the Ellenbogens.
(c) With Lee.
(d) With Bob and Leona.
8. What is the narrator's most traumatic move in the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) Back to Paris from New Jersey.
(b) From New Jersey to Rome.
(c) Back to New York from Paris.
(d) From New York to Paris.
9. Where does Arthur want to move?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
10. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) She makes him laugh too much.
(c) He loves her too much.
(d) She starts treating him better.
11. Who wins the race back to the house at the end of the story, Down at the Dinghy?
(a) Lionel's neighbor.
(c) Boo Boo.
(d) Lionel's father.
12. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
(a) Around her neck.
(b) Around her leg.
(c) Around her head.
(d) Around her waist.
13. Who directs the training course taken by the narrator and the 60 Americans?
(a) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) British Intelligence.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
14. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
(a) Mrs. Snell.
(b) Boo Boo.
15. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
(a) To meet some friends.
(b) To get out of the rain.
(c) To attend a religious service.
(d) To read the bulletin board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Bobby die?
2. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
3. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
4. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
5. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)