|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
(a) She starts treating him better.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He loves her too much.
(d) She makes him laugh too much.
2. How many total teeth are pulled from the narrator's mouth throughout the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
3. Who is claiming to be an admiral?
(c) Mrs. Snell.
(d) Boo Boo.
4. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
(a) The front door.
(b) A couple of miles.
(c) 250 yards.
(d) A couple of blocks.
5. What does Lionel think a 'kike' is?
(a) A thief.
(b) A kite.
(c) A saint.
(d) A key chain.
6. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
(a) The Beak Club.
(b) The Stork Club.
(c) The Front Room.
(d) The Beach Club.
7. Whose work does the narrator still recall clearly after many years?
(a) Bambi Kramer.
(b) Mr. Yoshoto.
(c) Sister Irma.
(d) R. Howard Ridgefield.
8. Where does the narrator see the talented young singer, giving him a chance to speak with her?
(a) The organ concert.
(b) The training facility.
(c) The tea room.
9. How do you describe Lee, from the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A gray-haired man.
(d) A gray-haired woman.
10. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
(a) The talented girl from choir practice.
(b) The tea room owner.
(c) The choir practice instructor.
(d) The waitress.
11. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) Wall Street crash of 1929.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He loses his job.
12. In De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, what is the narrator's most unrealistic wish for New York?
(a) That he is alone in the city.
(b) That he and Bobby find a house.
(c) That he finds a job.
(d) That everyone learns French.
13. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
(a) Art critic.
(b) Art teacher.
(c) Art buyer.
(d) English teacher.
14. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
15. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator accept a job in De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
2. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
3. What does Esme want to read about most?
4. Who directs the training course taken by the narrator and the 60 Americans?
5. What does Arthur think Joanie enjoys most about a new house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)