|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Megley?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) The governess.
(c) The waitress.
(d) The talented young singer.
2. Where does Lee think the Ellenbogens go after the party?
(a) Up the coast.
(c) The Village.
(d) To the train station.
3. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
4. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
(b) Peanut butter.
5. What year does Bobby die?
6. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(a) Big River.
(c) Kentucky Babe.
(d) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
7. Why is the narrator of De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period going to art school?
(a) To make Bobby happy.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To help his commercial art career.
(d) To fill the time during the day.
8. What is the narrator's first assignment from Mr. Yoshoto?
(a) Instructing students.
(b) Sweeping the floor.
(c) Translating letters.
9. What does Sandra worry about weighing around the boy?
(a) Her concern.
(b) Her words.
(c) The coffee.
(d) The beans.
10. Where does Arthur want to move?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York City.
11. How does the narrator in the story, For Esme - with Love and Squalor, receive the wedding invitation?
(a) By air mail.
(b) By phone.
(c) By telegram.
(d) By e-mail.
12. What does Lionel think a 'kike' is?
(a) A saint.
(b) A thief.
(c) A key chain.
(d) A kite.
13. Who throws the key chain into the lake?
(a) No one.
(d) Boo Boo.
14. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
15. How many total teeth are pulled from the narrator's mouth throughout the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Joanie's best traits?
2. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
3. Who is Lissberg?
4. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
5. When does Arthur start thinking about leaving his wife?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)