|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lionel think a 'kike' is?
(a) A thief.
(b) A saint.
(c) A kite.
(d) A key chain.
2. Who thinks all Americans despise tea?
(a) The choir practice instructor.
(b) The talented girl from choir practice.
(c) The tea room owner.
(d) The waitress.
3. How old is the boy in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
4. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) With the Ellenbogens.
(b) With Lee.
(c) With Bob and Leona.
(d) With Arthur.
5. In De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, what is the narrator's most unrealistic wish for New York?
(a) That he finds a job.
(b) That he is alone in the city.
(c) That he and Bobby find a house.
(d) That everyone learns French.
6. Arthur says the only people he knows in New York are Lee and a bunch of ________?
(a) Drug addicts.
7. What happens to Charles' father?
(a) He dies of heart failure.
(b) He is killed in North Africa.
(c) He is killed in a car accident.
(d) He is killed on D-Day.
8. What does Arthur think Joanie enjoys most about a new house?
(a) Getting a dog.
(b) The garden.
(c) The quiet.
(d) Decorating the new house.
9. What does Lionel promise his mother recently?
(a) To learn how to sail.
(b) Not to run away anymore.
(c) To eat more vegetables.
(d) To listen to Sandra.
10. What does Arthur put up with for five years?
(a) Joanie's bad cooking.
(b) Joanie's excessive drinking.
(c) Joanie's excessive gambling.
(d) Joanie running around with other men.
11. What artist does the narrator most resemble?
(b) El Grecco.
(c) Da Vinci.
12. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
(a) A story.
(b) A map.
(c) Her father's watch.
(d) A book of jokes from Charles.
13. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
(c) Peanut butter.
14. What interesting item does Mrs. Snell always wear, even in summer?
(a) A black felt coat.
(b) A black felt hat.
(c) A black scarf.
(d) A long sweater.
15. Why does it take Esme so long to write her first letter to the narrator?
(a) Her brother is ill.
(b) She moves.
(c) She loses the narrator's address.
(d) Her aunt is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
2. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
3. What is the farthest distance Lionel ever runs away to?
4. Why is Le Amis Des Vieux Maitres closed down?
5. Why does Arthur want to move?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)