|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator from the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period, when his parents divorce?
2. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
(a) For his new job.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To escape the Great Depression.
(d) To learn how to speak French.
3. What does the narrator order with his tea when he sits down in the tea room to read old letters?
(a) Cinnamon toast.
(b) A bagel.
(d) A croissant.
4. What food item do they want to lure Lionel out of the boat with?
(d) Peanut butter.
5. What does Sandra worry about weighing around the boy?
(a) Her words.
(b) The coffee.
(c) Her concern.
(d) The beans.
6. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
7. Arthur says the only people he knows in New York are Lee and a bunch of ________?
(a) Drug addicts.
8. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
9. Where are Mrs. Snell's matches from?
(a) The Front Room.
(b) The Beach Club.
(c) The Beak Club.
(d) The Stork Club.
10. Why is the narrator of De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period going to art school?
(a) To fill the time during the day.
(b) To help his commercial art career.
(c) To meet women.
(d) To make Bobby happy.
11. How old is Lionel when he first disappears?
(a) Two and a half.
(c) Three and a half.
(d) One and a half.
12. What is the narrator's most traumatic move in the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
(a) Back to New York from Paris.
(b) Back to Paris from New Jersey.
(c) From New Jersey to Rome.
(d) From New York to Paris.
13. How many total teeth are pulled from the narrator's mouth throughout the story, De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period?
14. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
(a) He is being rude.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He wants` Yoshoto to feel bad.
(d) He is joking.
15. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) Wall Street crash of 1929.
(d) He is robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Lionel disappears in the story, Down at the Dinghy?
2. What job does the narrator accept under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith?
3. Why does the narrator write a letter to Mr. Yoshoto?
4. Who is Sandra?
5. What is one of Joanie's best traits?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)