|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Charles' father?
(a) He is killed in North Africa.
(b) He dies of heart failure.
(c) He is killed on D-Day.
(d) He is killed in a car accident.
2. Why does the narrator say he hates chairs?
(a) He is joking.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He wants` Yoshoto to feel bad.
(d) He is being rude.
3. How much does the job the narrator applied for under the name, Jean de Daumier-Smith, pay?
(a) $28 a week.
(b) $288 a month.
(c) $288 a week.
(d) $28 a day.
4. Why does the narrator stop in front of the church during his walk on the last day of training?
(a) To get out of the rain.
(b) To attend a religious service.
(c) To meet some friends.
(d) To read the bulletin board.
5. Why does Arthur want to move?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To buy a bigger house.
(c) To spend more time relaxing.
(d) To cut Joanie's social life off.
6. What song is Boo Boo singing on the way to the Dinghy?
(a) Blue Moon of Kentucky.
(c) Kentucky Babe.
(d) Big River.
7. Why does Arthur call Lee at the beginning of the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He is asking about work.
(c) He is looking for Joanie.
(d) He wants to come over.
8. Where do Arthur and Lee live?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
9. Which famous French artist does the narrator claim to know personally?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
10. How many keys are on the key chain that Boo Boo gives to Lionel?
11. Who do the goggles that are thrown overboard once belong to?
(b) Uncle Webb and Uncle Seymour.
(c) Lionel's father.
(d) Boo Boo.
12. What does Esme include with a letter in the package to the narrator?
(a) A story.
(b) Her father's watch.
(c) A map.
(d) A book of jokes from Charles.
13. Why doesn't Arthur leave his wife?
(a) She makes him laugh too much.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He loves her too much.
(d) She starts treating him better.
14. Who does Lee say is Arthur's worst enemy?
15. How does Bobby lose everything?
(a) Wall Street crash of 1929.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) He is robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joanie throughout the story, Pretty Mouth and Green my Eyes?
2. Where does the narrator think Esme should wear her watch instead of her wrist?
3. Why does Bobby move the family to Paris?
4. Who wins the race back to the house at the end of the story, Down at the Dinghy?
5. Who is Boo Boo Tannenbaum?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)