|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Jimmy Jimmereano.
(b) Mary Jane.
2. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
3. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
(a) Mary Jane's boss.
(b) Eloise's college sweetheart.
(c) Eloise's husband.
(d) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
4. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) From her mom.
(b) She buys it.
(c) From Eloise.
(d) She finds it in college.
5. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
(a) She is looking at his feet.
(b) She is taking up too much room.
(c) She is talking loudly.
(d) She is pushing Seymour to get out of the elevator.
6. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She has a breathing disorder.
(c) She has a bald spot.
(d) She has bad eyes.
7. Who is Joan?
(a) Eric's girlfriend.
(b) Selena's sister.
(c) Ginnie's sister.
(d) Franklin's girlfiend.
8. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
9. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A towel.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A dry bathing suit.
10. How does Walt die?
(a) In combat.
(b) Old age.
(c) A stove explodes.
(d) In a car accident.
11. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are college roommates.
(c) They work together.
(d) They are cousins.
12. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
13. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies in WWII battle.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He dies of cancer.
(d) He gets run over by a car.
14. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) The trees.
(c) All of the animals.
(d) His best friend.
15. Who does Eloise call an "unattractive Bela Lugosi"?
(a) Dr. Whiting.
(b) Mr. Weyinburg.
(c) Frank Henke.
(d) Uncle Wiggily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
2. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
3. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
4. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
5. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)