|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(d) A long pair of pants.
2. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) The trees.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His best friend.
(d) All of the animals.
3. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
4. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
5. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's boss.
(d) Eloise's college sweetheart.
6. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
(a) She is going to the movies.
(b) She is going to pay back her father.
(c) She is going to buy tennis balls.
(d) She is going to buy a new rackett.
7. What needs $400 to be repaired?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The car.
(c) The house.
(d) The backyard.
8. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Selena's brother.
(d) Ginnie's tennis coach.
9. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(d) Muriel's mother.
10. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The New York Jets.
(c) The New York Mets.
(d) The New York Yankees.
11. What is Muriel doing when Seymour returns from the beach?
(a) She is talking on the phone.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is taking a shower.
(d) She is painting her toe nails.
12. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
(a) He kisses one of her feet.
(b) He shows her the fish he is looking for.
(c) He splashes her.
(d) He drops her into the water.
13. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every day except Sundays.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every Friday.
(d) Every weekend.
14. Where is the Chief from?
(a) Statan Island.
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
15. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
(a) In the park.
(b) At prom.
(c) At a Christmas party.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
2. What do the boys do on rainy days?
3. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
4. What does Selena's father do for a living?
5. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)