|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(a) Muriel's mother.
2. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
(a) A red mask.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A piece of red tissue paper.
(d) A red veil.
3. Who is Franklin?
(a) Ginnie's brother.
(b) Selena's brother.
(c) Ginnie's father.
(d) Selena's father.
4. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A dry bathing suit.
(b) A towel.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A pistol.
5. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
(a) Piano playing.
(d) First aid.
6. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Jimmy Jimmereano.
(d) Mary Jane.
7. Where is Muriel Glass' hotel located?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) New York City.
(c) Jacksonville, Florida.
(d) Charlotte, North Carolina.
8. What does the Chief drive?
(a) A van.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A double-decker bus.
(d) A reconverted commerical bus.
9. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
(a) Selena is not a good tennis player.
(b) Selena is a good tennis player.
(c) Selena always pays for the ride to the court.
(d) Selena always brings fresh tennis balls.
10. What do the boys do on rainy days?
(a) Go to the library.
(b) Do homework.
(c) Play indoor sports.
(d) Go to museums.
11. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's father.
(b) Muriel's mother.
(c) The psychiatrist.
12. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
(a) On a float.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With the help of water wings.
(d) She's swimming on her own.
13. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
(a) She is pushing Seymour to get out of the elevator.
(b) She is talking loudly.
(c) She is looking at his feet.
(d) She is taking up too much room.
14. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
15. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joan?
2. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
3. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
4. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
5. Who does Eloise call an "unattractive Bela Lugosi"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)