|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Ginnie's sister.
(b) Selena's sister.
2. How long is Mary Jane married?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) She is never married.
(d) She is still married.
3. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) Mr. Weyinburg.
(c) Dr. Whiting.
4. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is physically sick.
(b) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(c) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
(d) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
5. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dry bathing suit.
(d) A towel.
6. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(c) Mary Jane.
7. What needs $400 to be repaired?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The apartment.
(c) The house.
(d) The car.
8. Who is Eric?
(a) Ginnie's father.
(b) Ginnie's brother.
(c) Selena's brother.
(d) Franklin's friend.
9. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
(a) A red veil.
(b) A piece of red tissue paper.
(c) A red mask.
(d) A red hat.
10. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every day except Sundays.
(b) Every weekend.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every Friday.
11. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
12. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The hotel operator.
13. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) A chicken sandwich.
(d) Tomato soup.
14. What does Selena's father do for a living?
(a) He makes tennis balls.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is an English teacher.
(d) He sells on the stock market.
15. Why does Eloise marry her husband?
(a) He is nice to her.
(b) He is the most handsome man she's ever met.
(c) He makes her laugh.
(d) He says he loves Jane Austen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel Glass doing when the call comes through from the hotel operator?
2. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
3. Who is going to fight the Eskimos?
4. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
5. How old is the main character in 1928?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)