|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The hotel operator.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
2. What is Ginnie's full name?
(a) Ginnie Mannox.
(b) Virginia Mannox.
(c) Virginia Maddox.
(d) Ginnie Maddox.
3. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
4. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
(a) On a float.
(b) She's swimming on her own.
(c) With his hands.
(d) With the help of water wings.
5. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
(d) Air Force.
6. Who is Eric?
(a) Ginnie's father.
(b) Franklin's friend.
(c) Selena's brother.
(d) Ginnie's brother.
7. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(b) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(c) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
(d) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
8. Who talks to Dr. Sivetski about Seymour's condition?
(a) Muriel's father.
(b) Muriel's mother.
9. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A long pair of pants.
(d) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
10. What does Seymour want to hunt for in the water with Sybil?
(a) A swordfish.
(b) A bananafish.
(c) A yellow fish.
(d) An angel fish.
11. Who is going to fight the Eskimos?
(a) All the women.
(c) All the men.
(d) Old guys over the age of 60.
12. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Ginnie's sister.
(c) Selena's sister.
13. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
14. How long is Mary Jane married?
(a) She is still married.
(b) She is never married.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
15. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Mary Jane.
(d) Jimmy Jimmereano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ginnie?
2. What do the boys do on sunny days?
3. Who kidnaps The Laughing Man?
4. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
5. Where is Muriel Glass' hotel located?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)