|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
(a) A nice couple also staying at the hotel.
(b) A psychiatrist also staying at the hotel.
(c) A famous athlete also staying at the hotel.
(d) A Navy man also staying at the hotel.
2. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every weekend.
(b) Every day except Sundays.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every Friday.
3. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What do the boys do on sunny days?
(a) Go to a museum.
(b) Do homework.
(c) Play sports.
5. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
(a) First aid.
(d) Piano playing.
6. Who is Lew?
(a) Mary Jane's boss.
(b) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(c) Eloise's husband.
(d) The butler.
7. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
(a) She has a bald spot.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She has a breathing disorder.
(d) She has bad eyes.
8. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) A friend of Eloise.
(c) A movie actor.
(d) Romona's neighbor.
9. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
(a) She is going to buy a new rackett.
(b) She is going to the movies.
(c) She is going to pay back her father.
(d) She is going to buy tennis balls.
10. Who is Eric?
(a) Franklin's friend.
(b) Selena's brother.
(c) Ginnie's brother.
(d) Ginnie's father.
11. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) How much they need them.
(b) How much they love them.
(c) That they need to work two jobs.
(d) Nothing honest.
12. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
(b) A hat.
(c) A blindfold.
(d) A mask.
13. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The hotel operator.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
14. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
15. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) The trees.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His best friend.
(d) All of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
2. Who is very ill in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
3. How does Walt die?
4. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
5. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)