|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Chief from?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
(d) Statan Island.
2. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A long pair of pants.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(d) A backpack filled with sheet music.
3. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He has a bad heart.
(c) He is kicked out.
(d) He is too old.
4. Who is going to fight the Eskimos?
(a) Old guys over the age of 60.
(b) All the men.
(c) All the women.
5. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every weekend.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every day except Sundays.
6. Who is Lew?
(a) The butler.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(d) Mary Jane's boss.
7. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Ginnie's sister.
(c) Selena's sister.
8. What does Sybil complain to Seymour about when meeting him on the beach?
(a) Seymour lets another girl sit next to him on the piano bench.
(b) Seymour lets his wife sit next to him on the piano bench.
(c) Seymour doesn't play the piano the night before.
(d) Seymour refuses to teach Sybil how to play the piano.
9. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
(b) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(c) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(d) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
10. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself in the leg.
(b) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
(c) He shoots himself through the right temple.
(d) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
11. Why does Eloise marry her husband?
(a) He makes her laugh.
(b) He is nice to her.
(c) He says he loves Jane Austen.
(d) He is the most handsome man she's ever met.
12. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
13. How long is Mary Jane married?
(a) Three years.
(b) She is still married.
(c) Three months.
(d) She is never married.
14. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
(a) They work together.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are college roommates.
(d) They are cousins.
15. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
(a) She has bad eyes.
(b) She has a bald spot.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She has a breathing disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
2. Who is John Gedsudski?
3. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
4. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
5. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)