|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
(c) Piano playing.
(d) First aid.
2. How old is Ginnie?
3. What is Muriel doing when Seymour returns from the beach?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is taking a shower.
(c) She is talking on the phone.
(d) She is painting her toe nails.
4. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) How much they need them.
(b) Nothing honest.
(c) How much they love them.
(d) That they need to work two jobs.
5. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
(a) He kisses one of her feet.
(b) He splashes her.
(c) He shows her the fish he is looking for.
(d) He drops her into the water.
6. Why does Eloise marry her husband?
(a) He makes her laugh.
(b) He is the most handsome man she's ever met.
(c) He is nice to her.
(d) He says he loves Jane Austen.
7. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
8. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
9. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
(a) He leaves the army without permission.
(b) He steals a car.
(c) He steals money.
(d) He stabs an M.P..
10. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(b) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(c) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
(d) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
11. What do the boys do on rainy days?
(a) Go to museums.
(b) Do homework.
(c) Play indoor sports.
(d) Go to the library.
12. Who is going to fight the Eskimos?
(b) All the men.
(c) Old guys over the age of 60.
(d) All the women.
13. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) All of the animals.
(c) His best friend.
(d) The trees.
14. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) Muriel's father.
(d) Muriel's mother.
15. Who talks to Dr. Sivetski about Seymour's condition?
(c) Muriel's mother.
(d) Muriel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
2. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
3. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
4. Who is Franklin?
5. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)