|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
(a) They work together.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are college roommates.
2. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
3. How long is Mary Jane married?
(a) She is never married.
(b) She is still married.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
4. Where is the Chief from?
(b) Statan Island.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies in WWII battle.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He gets run over by a car.
(d) He dies of cancer.
6. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Dr. Whiting.
(b) Mary Jane.
(c) Mr. Weyinburg.
7. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(b) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
(c) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
(d) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
8. How many times is Mary Jane at Eloise's house before?
(b) First time.
(d) Three times.
9. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) She finds it in college.
(b) From her mom.
(c) From Eloise.
(d) She buys it.
10. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
(a) A Navy man also staying at the hotel.
(b) A famous athlete also staying at the hotel.
(c) A psychiatrist also staying at the hotel.
(d) A nice couple also staying at the hotel.
11. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Ginnie's tennis coach.
(d) Selena's brother.
12. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
(a) At the museum.
(b) At the Palisades.
(c) At the George Washington Bridge park.
(d) At Van Cortlandt park.
13. Who is Eric?
(a) Franklin's friend.
(b) Selena's brother.
(c) Ginnie's father.
(d) Ginnie's brother.
14. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Mets.
(b) The New York Yankees.
(c) The New York Giants.
(d) The New York Jets.
15. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A dry bathing suit.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A towel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs $400 to be repaired?
2. What does Seymour want to hunt for in the water with Sybil?
3. How many kids are in the Comanche Club?
4. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
5. What is Ginnie's full name?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)