|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
2. How old is Ginnie?
3. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
(a) Ramon's brother.
(b) Mary Jane's sister.
(c) Ramona's imaginary friend.
(d) Mary Jane's co-worker.
4. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(b) Mary Jane.
(c) Jimmy Jimmereano.
5. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A tightly closed robe.
(b) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(c) A long pair of pants.
(d) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
6. Who is Franklin?
(a) Ginnie's brother.
(b) Selena's father.
(c) Selena's brother.
(d) Ginnie's father.
7. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
8. Who is Seymour Glass?
(a) Muriel's father.
(b) Muriel's brother.
(c) Muriel's husband.
(d) Muriel's uncle.
9. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
(a) He is kicked out.
(b) He has a bad heart.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is too old.
10. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
11. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) Muriel's father.
(c) The psychiatrist.
12. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
(a) She is going to pay back her father.
(b) She is going to buy tennis balls.
(c) She is going to buy a new rackett.
(d) She is going to the movies.
13. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
(c) Air Force.
14. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
15. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The hotel operator.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
2. What does Ginnie believe she is unfairly paying for?
3. How does Eloise and Mary Jane become friends?
4. What needs $400 to be repaired?
5. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)