|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is physically sick.
(b) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(c) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(d) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
2. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
(a) Ramona's imaginary friend.
(b) Mary Jane's co-worker.
(c) Mary Jane's sister.
(d) Ramon's brother.
3. How old is the main character in 1928?
4. Why does Eloise marry her husband?
(a) He makes her laugh.
(b) He says he loves Jane Austen.
(c) He is nice to her.
(d) He is the most handsome man she's ever met.
5. Who is very ill in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Selena's mother.
(b) Ginnie's father.
(c) Selena's father.
(d) Ginnie's mother.
6. Who is Lew?
(a) The butler.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's boss.
(d) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
7. What does Selena's father do for a living?
(a) He makes tennis balls.
(b) He sells on the stock market.
(c) He is an English teacher.
(d) He is in the military.
8. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
(a) At the museum.
(b) At the George Washington Bridge park.
(c) At the Palisades.
(d) At Van Cortlandt park.
9. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's mother.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) Muriel's father.
10. What size shoe does Ginnie wear?
11. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Ginnie's tennis coach.
(c) Selena's brother.
12. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
(a) How much they love them.
(b) Nothing honest.
(c) That they need to work two jobs.
(d) How much they need them.
13. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
14. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
(a) On a float.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With the help of water wings.
(d) She's swimming on her own.
15. Who is Eric?
(a) Ginnie's brother.
(b) Ginnie's father.
(c) Franklin's friend.
(d) Selena's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muriel Glass doing when the call comes through from the hotel operator?
2. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
3. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
4. Who pays the Chief?
5. Who is Joan?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)