|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief drive?
(a) A reconverted commerical bus.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A double-decker bus.
(d) A van.
2. Who graduates from college first, Mary Jane or Eloise?
(a) Neither of them graduated.
(b) Mary Jane.
(d) They are still in college.
3. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
(a) At the George Washington Bridge park.
(b) At the museum.
(c) At Van Cortlandt park.
(d) At the Palisades.
4. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
(a) She is going to buy tennis balls.
(b) She is going to buy a new rackett.
(c) She is going to the movies.
(d) She is going to pay back her father.
5. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) The trees.
(c) His best friend.
(d) All of the animals.
6. What does Sybil complain to Seymour about when meeting him on the beach?
(a) Seymour refuses to teach Sybil how to play the piano.
(b) Seymour lets another girl sit next to him on the piano bench.
(c) Seymour doesn't play the piano the night before.
(d) Seymour lets his wife sit next to him on the piano bench.
7. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(a) Mary Jane.
(c) Jimmy Jimmereano.
8. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
(a) A mask.
(c) A hat.
(d) A blindfold.
9. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
(a) He has a cold.
(b) He broke a leg.
(c) He has a hernia.
(d) His car is in a snow bank.
10. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) She buys it.
(b) She finds it in college.
(c) From her mom.
(d) From Eloise.
11. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(b) Dr. Whiting.
(c) Mr. Weyinburg.
(d) Mary Jane.
12. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself through the right temple.
(b) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
(c) He shoots himself in the leg.
(d) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
13. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
14. What does Seymour want to hunt for in the water with Sybil?
(a) An angel fish.
(b) A yellow fish.
(c) A swordfish.
(d) A bananafish.
15. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Seymour Glass?
2. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
3. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
4. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
5. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)