Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(b) Seymour is physically sick.
(c) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(d) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
2. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
3. Where is the Chief from?
(b) Statan Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
4. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
(a) Selena is a good tennis player.
(b) Selena always brings fresh tennis balls.
(c) Selena always pays for the ride to the court.
(d) Selena is not a good tennis player.
5. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
(a) Muriel's mother.
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) Muriel's father.
6. What does the narrator see floating in the wind when he gets off the Chief's vehicle to walk home?
(a) A piece of red tissue paper.
(b) A red mask.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A red veil.
7. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
(a) A Navy man also staying at the hotel.
(b) A psychiatrist also staying at the hotel.
(c) A famous athlete also staying at the hotel.
(d) A nice couple also staying at the hotel.
8. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(c) Ginnie's sister.
(d) Selena's sister.
9. How old is the main character in 1928?
10. Who is Franklin?
(a) Ginnie's father.
(b) Ginnie's brother.
(c) Selena's brother.
(d) Selena's father.
11. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) From Eloise.
(b) From her mom.
(c) She buys it.
(d) She finds it in college.
12. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
(a) On a float.
(b) With his hands.
(c) She's swimming on her own.
(d) With the help of water wings.
13. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(b) Muriel's mother.
14. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He has a bad heart.
(d) He is kicked out.
15. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kidnaps The Laughing Man?
2. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
3. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
4. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
5. What does Sybil complain to Seymour about when meeting him on the beach?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)