|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
(a) A nice couple also staying at the hotel.
(b) A Navy man also staying at the hotel.
(c) A famous athlete also staying at the hotel.
(d) A psychiatrist also staying at the hotel.
2. What does Sybil complain to Seymour about when meeting him on the beach?
(a) Seymour lets another girl sit next to him on the piano bench.
(b) Seymour lets his wife sit next to him on the piano bench.
(c) Seymour doesn't play the piano the night before.
(d) Seymour refuses to teach Sybil how to play the piano.
3. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(b) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(c) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
(d) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
4. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
5. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
6. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every weekend.
(b) Every day except Sundays.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every Friday.
7. What does Seymour wear to the beach?
(a) A backpack filled with sheet music.
(b) A tightly closed robe.
(c) A baseball cap and sunglasses.
(d) A long pair of pants.
8. Who is Lew?
(a) Mary Jane's boss.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(d) The butler.
9. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Selena's sister.
(d) Ginnie's sister.
10. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A towel.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A dry bathing suit.
11. Who graduates from college first, Mary Jane or Eloise?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) Neither of them graduated.
(d) They are still in college.
12. What is Ginnie's full name?
(a) Virginia Mannox.
(b) Ginnie Maddox.
(c) Ginnie Mannox.
(d) Virginia Maddox.
13. How old is Ginnie?
14. What needs $400 to be repaired?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The house.
(d) The car.
15. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
(b) Black Wing.
(d) The Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
2. Who kidnaps The Laughing Man?
3. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
4. What do the boys do on sunny days?
5. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)