|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
2. What does Selena's father do for a living?
(a) He sells on the stock market.
(b) He is an English teacher.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He makes tennis balls.
3. Where is the Chief from?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) Statan Island.
(d) New York.
4. Why does Ginnie like playing tennis with Selena?
(a) Selena is a good tennis player.
(b) Selena always pays for the ride to the court.
(c) Selena is not a good tennis player.
(d) Selena always brings fresh tennis balls.
5. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
(a) Ramona's imaginary friend.
(b) Mary Jane's co-worker.
(c) Mary Jane's sister.
(d) Ramon's brother.
6. Where does the main character of the story, The Laughing Man, get lost?
(a) At Van Cortlandt park.
(b) At the museum.
(c) At the George Washington Bridge park.
(d) At the Palisades.
7. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(b) Selena's sister.
(d) Ginnie's sister.
8. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
9. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
(a) A movie actor.
(b) A friend of Eloise.
(c) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(d) Romona's neighbor.
10. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
(b) A hat.
(c) A blindfold.
(d) A mask.
11. What time of year is the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut, set?
12. Who is the only person that can truly make Eloise laugh?
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) Jimmy Jimmereano.
13. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
(a) Cheap and cheesy.
(b) Expensive and cheesy.
(c) Expensive and classy.
(d) Cheap but classy.
14. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A friend of Muriel's family.
(c) A five-year-old girl staying at the hotel.
(d) A 55-year-old woman on vacation with her son.
15. What do the boys do on sunny days?
(a) Play sports.
(b) Do homework.
(d) Go to a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
2. Why is Mr. Weyinburg at home from work?
3. The poetry book that Seymour gives as a gift is written in what language?
4. How many male characters appear on the scene in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
5. Who is John Gedsudski?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)