|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Saturday mornings does Ginnie play tennis?
(d) This is the first.
2. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A five-year-old girl staying at the hotel.
(c) A friend of Muriel's family.
(d) A 55-year-old woman on vacation with her son.
3. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
4. Eloise thinks that if you are going to be a nun, you should at least______?
5. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
(a) He shows her the fish he is looking for.
(b) He splashes her.
(c) He kisses one of her feet.
(d) He drops her into the water.
6. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
(a) A mask.
(b) A hat.
(d) A blindfold.
7. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
(a) A chicken sandwich.
(b) Tomato soup.
(c) A piece of cheese.
8. How does Jimmy Jimmereeno die?
(a) He dies in WWII battle.
(b) He gets run over by a car.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He dies of cancer.
9. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(d) Muriel's mother.
10. How old is Ginnie?
11. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
(a) At prom.
(b) At school.
(c) In the park.
(d) At a Christmas party.
12. How long is Mary Jane married?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) She is still married.
(d) She is never married.
13. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
14. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
(a) Ginnie's tennis coach.
(d) Selena's brother.
15. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
2. Who thinks Seymour is "manic?"
3. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
4. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
5. Who is Joan?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)