|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Muriel doing when Seymour returns from the beach?
(a) She is talking on the phone.
(b) She is painting her toe nails.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is taking a shower.
2. What professional team does the Chief get invited to try out for?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The New York Mets.
(c) The New York Jets.
(d) The New York Yankees.
3. Who talks to Dr. Sivetski about Seymour's condition?
(b) Muriel's mother.
(c) Muriel's father.
4. What does Ginnie believe she is unfairly paying for?
(a) Cab fare.
(b) Court fees.
(c) Tennis balls.
5. What is Ginnie's full name?
(a) Virginia Maddox.
(b) Virginia Mannox.
(c) Ginnie Maddox.
(d) Ginnie Mannox.
6. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself through the right temple.
(b) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
(c) He shoots himself in the leg.
(d) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
7. Why does Ginnie need money before Monday?
(a) She is going to the movies.
(b) She is going to buy tennis balls.
(c) She is going to pay back her father.
(d) She is going to buy a new rackett.
8. Who is Muriel Glass speaking with on the telephone at the beginning of the story, A Perfect Day for Bananafish?
(a) The hotel operator.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
9. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(b) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(c) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
(d) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
10. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) The trees.
(c) All of the animals.
(d) His best friend.
11. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
12. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
(b) Piano playing.
(d) First aid.
13. What do the boys do on rainy days?
(a) Go to the library.
(b) Play indoor sports.
(c) Go to museums.
(d) Do homework.
14. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
(a) Eloise's college sweetheart.
(b) Eloise's husband.
(c) Mary Jane's boss.
(d) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
15. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
2. How does Walt die?
3. Ginnie dreams that a servant gives _____ out instead of tomato juice at dinner.
4. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
5. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)