|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
(a) A five-year-old girl staying at the hotel.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A 55-year-old woman on vacation with her son.
(d) A friend of Muriel's family.
2. How often does the Comanche Club meet?
(a) Every Friday.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every day except Sundays.
(d) Every weekend.
3. Why does Seymour get angry with the woman in the elevator as he goes back to his room after the beach?
(a) She is looking at his feet.
(b) She is pushing Seymour to get out of the elevator.
(c) She is taking up too much room.
(d) She is talking loudly.
4. Where does Mary Jane get the cameo brooch she is wearing?
(a) She finds it in college.
(b) She buys it.
(c) From Eloise.
(d) From her mom.
5. How is Seymour pushing Sybil in the water?
(a) On a float.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With the help of water wings.
(d) She's swimming on her own.
6. Who tries to kill the Laughing Man?
(a) The Chief.
(c) Black Wing.
7. Who is Joan?
(a) Selena's sister.
(b) Franklin's girlfiend.
(c) Ginnie's sister.
(d) Eric's girlfriend.
8. Who is Mr. Weyinburg?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) Eloise's college sweetheart.
(c) Eloise's husband.
(d) Mary Jane's boss.
9. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
10. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) Dr. Whiting.
(c) Mr. Weyinburg.
11. How does Walt die?
(a) A stove explodes.
(b) In combat.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) Old age.
12. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
(a) A blindfold.
(b) A hat.
(c) A mask.
13. Who kidnaps The Laughing Man?
(a) Chinese bandits.
(b) Chinese police.
(c) The Chief.
(d) The Comanches.
14. How old is the main character in 1928?
15. Who is crying because she wants to be told she is a nice girl in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(d) Mary Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
2. When Seymour returns to the room, what does he take out of the suitcase?
3. What does the Chief drive?
4. What is physically wrong with Ramona?
5. What is one of the Chief's most coveted skills?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)