|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
(a) Expensive and cheesy.
(b) Expensive and classy.
(c) Cheap but classy.
(d) Cheap and cheesy.
2. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
(a) He is kicked out.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He has a bad heart.
(d) He is too old.
3. Who does Seymour call 'Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948'?
(c) Muriel's mother.
4. Why does Ramona sleep on the edge of the bed?
(a) She likes to be ready to get out of bed quickly.
(b) She doesn't, she sleeps in the middle of the bed.
(c) She can see out of the window better when she's close to the edge.
(d) She wants to give Jimmy Jimmereano room to sleep.
5. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself in the leg.
(b) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
(c) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
(d) He shoots himself through the right temple.
6. Who pays the Chief?
(a) The boys.
(b) The parents.
(c) The city.
(d) The school.
7. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) Tomato soup.
(d) A chicken sandwich.
8. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
(a) A 55-year-old woman on vacation with her son.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A five-year-old girl staying at the hotel.
(d) A friend of Muriel's family.
9. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
(b) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(c) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(d) Seymour is physically sick.
10. Who is Franklin?
(a) Selena's brother.
(b) Ginnie's father.
(c) Selena's father.
(d) Ginnie's brother.
11. How old is the main character in 1928?
12. What does the Laughing Man subsist on?
(a) Pork and beans.
(c) Rice and eagles' blood.
(d) Steak and potatoes.
13. Who is Seymour Glass?
(a) Muriel's father.
(b) Muriel's uncle.
(c) Muriel's husband.
(d) Muriel's brother.
14. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
15. What is Ginnie's full name?
(a) Virginia Mannox.
(b) Ginnie Maddox.
(c) Virginia Maddox.
(d) Ginnie Mannox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
2. What do the kidnappers demand The Laughing Man wear?
3. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
4. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
5. Who cuts their finger in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)