|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays the Chief?
(a) The city.
(b) The boys.
(c) The school.
(d) The parents.
2. Who is Akim Tmiroff?
(a) Mary Jane's ex-husband.
(b) A movie actor.
(c) A friend of Eloise.
(d) Romona's neighbor.
3. What branch of the armed forces is Seymour in?
(a) Air Force.
4. What does Selena's brother offer for Ginnie to eat?
(a) Tomato soup.
(b) A piece of cheese.
(c) A chicken sandwich.
5. What room number is Muriel Glass staying in at the hotel?
6. How many New York advertising men are staying at the same hotel as Muriel Glass?
7. How does Ginnie describe Selena's brother?
8. How old is Ginnie?
9. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
(a) Seymour is acting "oddly" lately.
(b) Seymour is practicing a funny piano routine.
(c) Seymour likes to get in trouble with the law.
(d) Seymour is physically sick.
10. Where does Selena's brother meet Ginnie's sister?
(a) At prom.
(b) In the park.
(c) At school.
(d) At a Christmas party.
11. Why isn't Selena's brother in the Army?
(a) He is kicked out.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He has a bad heart.
(d) He is too old.
12. Who is John Gedsudski?
(a) The main character.
(b) The chief.
(c) A student.
(d) A parent.
13. Who is getting married soon in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
14. What does Seymour do when he sits down on the bed after grabbing the object out of the suitcase?
(a) He shoots himself in the leg.
(b) He shoots himself through the right temple.
(c) He shoots Muriel through the right temple.
(d) He shoots into the air to wake Muriel.
15. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Ginnie say Selena owes her?
2. Who is Jimmy Jimmereano?
3. How many times is Mary Jane at Eloise's house before?
4. Who is accused of being the Queen of the Snobs in the story, Just Before the War with the Eskimos?
5. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)