Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - A Perfect Day for Bananafish
1. What is Seymour hospitalized for?
2. What does the reader learn about Muriel's mother during the "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" story?
3. What leads the reader to believe that tension is building throughout the story?
4. What can the reader like about a character like Muriel?
5. Why does Muriel insist that Seymour isn't capable of harmful actions?
6. What happens with Seymour and the trees?
7. What is the issue with the book Seymour...
This section contains 827 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)