|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Laughing Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seymour do to Sybil right before they get out of the water?
(a) He shows her the fish he is looking for.
(b) He splashes her.
(c) He kisses one of her feet.
(d) He drops her into the water.
2. Who dies of cancer and weighs just 62 pounds in the story, Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) Mr. Weyinburg.
(d) Dr. Whiting.
3. Who is Sybil Carpenter?
(a) A five-year-old girl staying at the hotel.
(b) A 55-year-old woman on vacation with her son.
(c) A friend of Muriel's family.
(d) A nurse.
4. Why is Mary Jane's husband sent to jail?
(a) He steals a car.
(b) He steals money.
(c) He leaves the army without permission.
(d) He stabs an M.P..
5. Who does The Laughing Man speak to in the forest?
(a) His best friend.
(b) The trees.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) All of the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginnie describe Selena's living room?
2. What does Eloise think all women tell their husbands?
3. How long does Ginnie keep an Easter chick after it dies?
4. Who does Muriel speak with at the hotel about Seymour?
5. Why does Muriel's telephone caller ask so many questions about Seymour's behavior?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)