|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
2. Ball becomes a general, and urges them all to do what?
3. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
4. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
5. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry opens Act II by talking about freedom.
Part 1) What is a soliloquy?
Part 2) What examples does he give showing the freedom he has utilized?
Part 3) Why might society fear freedom?
Essay Topic 2
Another important idea is Henry's disillusionment with intellectualism.
Part 1) What is intellectualism?
Part 2) Why might Henry have been initially drawn to intellectualism?
Part 3) Why does Henry become disillusioned with intellectualism?
Essay Topic 3
In Act Two, the exchange between Henry and Lydian early in the chapter shows that in his efforts to be like Waldo, Henry has started to assume some of the threads of Waldo's life.
Part 1) How has Waldo begun to assume threads of Waldo's life?
Part 2) How does this affect Edward and Lydian?
Part 3) What does Lydian suggest to Henry to try to encourage him away from trying to take over Waldo's life?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)