|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
2. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
3. Where does Williams want to stay?
4. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
5. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Williams greatly admires Henry.
Part 1) What does he want to do, because he so admires Henry?
Part 2) How does Henry react to this?
Part 3) Why might be the reason for why Williams wanted to honor Henry in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Despite his belief in freedom, however, Henry shows himself to be enslaved to Waldo's thoughts and ideas.
Part 1) Who is Waldo?
Part 2) Why does Henry want to be like Waldo?
Part 3) Give an example of Henry reflecting Waldo's views.
Essay Topic 3
Intellectualism and freedom are brought together when Waldo and Henry finally clash.
Part 1) How do they clash?
Part 2) What does this do to their friendship?
Part 3) What does this teach Henry about unrealistic expectations?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)