|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
2. What does Henry tell Waldo that he has to do, besides cast a vote in an election?
3. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
4. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
5. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of isolation is absolutely essential.
Part 1) When do we first see Henry as an isolationist?
Part 2) What does this isolation do to Henry's abilities to fight injustice?
Part 3) What change does he make to better fight injustice?
Essay Topic 2
Intellectualism and freedom are brought together when Waldo and Henry finally clash.
Part 1) How do they clash?
Part 2) What does this do to their friendship?
Part 3) What does this teach Henry about unrealistic expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Henry opens Act II by talking about freedom.
Part 1) What is a soliloquy?
Part 2) What examples does he give showing the freedom he has utilized?
Part 3) Why might society fear freedom?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)