Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
2. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
3. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
4. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
5. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
Another important idea is Henry's disillusionment with intellectualism.
Part 1) What is intellectualism?
Part 2) Why might Henry have been initially drawn to intellectualism?
Part 3) Why does Henry become disillusioned with intellectualism?
All of the other characters in the play end up being contrasted with Henry, and each of them fail to measure up in some way.
Part 1) Name two characters that are contrasted with Henry.
Part 2) How do these two characters fail to measure up?
Part 3) Must the characters measure up to Henry, or is it okay for them to have differing beliefs and opinion from Henry?
The events of the first act develop Henry as an individualist who believes deeply in personal freedom.
Part 1) How is Henry an individualist?
Part 2) What is Transcendentalism?
Part 3) How does Transcendentalism influence Henry's belief in personal freedom?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)