|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
2. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
3. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
4. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
5. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry opens Act II by talking about freedom.
Part 1) What is a soliloquy?
Part 2) What examples does he give showing the freedom he has utilized?
Part 3) Why might society fear freedom?
Essay Topic 2
The first act of Lawrence and Lees' play develops the characters and themes that made it one of the most controversial and successful plays of the late-1960s.
Part 1) Who is the protagonist? How does he or she change throughout this play?
Part 2) What are two of the themes in this play?
Part 3) Describe the importance of these two themes and how they relate to the characters in this play.
Essay Topic 3
In Act Two, the exchange between Henry and Lydian early in the chapter shows that in his efforts to be like Waldo, Henry has started to assume some of the threads of Waldo's life.
Part 1) How has Waldo begun to assume threads of Waldo's life?
Part 2) How does this affect Edward and Lydian?
Part 3) What does Lydian suggest to Henry to try to encourage him away from trying to take over Waldo's life?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)