|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
2. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
3. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
4. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
5. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry is not afraid to stand up to authority.
Part 1) Use the play to support this statement.
Part 2) How are those around him affected by this attitude?
Part 3) How is authority affected by Henry's choices?
Essay Topic 2
Henry makes a significant realization at the end of the play.
Part 1) What is this realization?
Part 2) What decision does it lead him to make?
Part 3) How does he feel about this decision?
Essay Topic 3
Despite his belief in freedom, however, Henry shows himself to be enslaved to Waldo's thoughts and ideas.
Part 1) Who is Waldo?
Part 2) Why does Henry want to be like Waldo?
Part 3) Give an example of Henry reflecting Waldo's views.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)