|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
2. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
3. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
4. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
5. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most important elements of Henry's character is his irreverent sense of humor.
Part 1) Give an example from the play showing his sense of humor.
Part 2) How does Henry use his sense of humor to reveal his beliefs?
Part 3) As the first act progresses, Henry's use of humor becomes less about wit and more about bitter social or political commentary. Give an example from the play to support this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Henry is not afraid to stand up to authority.
Part 1) Use the play to support this statement.
Part 2) How are those around him affected by this attitude?
Part 3) How is authority affected by Henry's choices?
Essay Topic 3
We learn that Henry's opinion about speaking out against injustice has evolved
Part 1) How does he originally feel about speaking out?
Part 2) How does his opinion change?
Part 3) Why does it change?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)