Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
2. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
3. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
4. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
5. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
Essay Topic 1
One of the most important elements of Henry's character is his irreverent sense of humor.
Part 1) Give an example from the play showing his sense of humor.
Part 2) How does Henry use his sense of humor to reveal his beliefs?
Part 3) As the first act progresses, Henry's use of humor becomes less about wit and more about bitter social or political commentary. Give an example from the play to support this statement.
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Lee and Lawrence further develop the idea of what war Henry is fighting against.
Part 1) What war is he initially fighting?
Part 2) What war is added? How is this war foreshadowed in Act I?
Part 3) What is the connection between the two wars?
Essay Topic 3
Williams greatly admires Henry.
Part 1) What does he want to do, because he so admires Henry?
Part 2) How does Henry react to this?
Part 3) Why might be the reason for why Williams wanted to honor Henry in this way?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)