|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
2. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
3. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
4. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
5. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
Essay Topic 1
Humanity is flawed.
Part 1) What happens that forces Henry to face the fact that Waldo cannot live up to his expectations?
Part 2) What excuse does Lydian give for Waldo?
Part 3) What does Henry do after the event? How does this make him feel?
Essay Topic 2
Another important idea is Henry's disillusionment with intellectualism.
Part 1) What is intellectualism?
Part 2) Why might Henry have been initially drawn to intellectualism?
Part 3) Why does Henry become disillusioned with intellectualism?
Essay Topic 3
A significant event in Act II prompts Henry to reconsider his theory that one man can make a difference.
Part 1) What event is this?
Part 2) What advice does he give that, surprisingly, is very realistic and sensible?
Part 3) This event also shows Henry that change cannot be effected from within the system. How does it show this?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)