|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry advice him to go?
2. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
3. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
4. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
5. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry makes a significant realization at the end of the play.
Part 1) What is this realization?
Part 2) What decision does it lead him to make?
Part 3) How does he feel about this decision?
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Lee and Lawrence further develop the idea of what war Henry is fighting against.
Part 1) What war is he initially fighting?
Part 2) What war is added? How is this war foreshadowed in Act I?
Part 3) What is the connection between the two wars?
Essay Topic 3
We learn that Henry's opinion about speaking out against injustice has evolved
Part 1) How does he originally feel about speaking out?
Part 2) How does his opinion change?
Part 3) Why does it change?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)