|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
(b) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(c) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(d) A "mixture of love and devotion."
2. How does the scene restart?
(a) In slow motion.
(b) It does not restart.
3. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
(a) He is forced to participate.
(b) He reads the note.
(c) He lets himself out of the cell.
(d) He eats his breakfast anyway.
4. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels discouraged and powerless.
(c) He feels somewhat relieved.
(d) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
5. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
(a) My son.
(b) President Polk.
(c) My brother.
(d) Congressman Lincoln from Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
2. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
3. Where must Waldo go to speak out against injustice?
4. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
5. What does Henry think about lawyers?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)