|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry reacts violently against Lydian's idea. What does he do?
(a) He pushes her.
(b) He leaves in a rage.
(c) He argues with her.
(d) Chants her words back to her in protest.
2. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
(a) She berates him.
(b) She praises him.
(c) She argues with him.
(d) She cries.
3. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry would be a better cook too.
(b) Henry would help around the house.
(c) Henry would be a better husband for her.
(d) Henry could make repairs.
4. Where must Waldo go to speak out against injustice?
(a) Out of his comfort zone.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) In his own heart.
5. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
(a) A change in philosophy.
(b) His wife's influence.
(c) His wonderful manner of speaking.
(d) His fame and influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Edward during this scene?
2. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
3. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
4. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
5. What name does Williams adopts?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)