|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
(a) He is trying to be funny.
(b) Bailey asks him for help praying.
(c) He thinks it might cheer Bailey up.
(d) He is making a statement about his beliefs.
2. How does the play close?
(a) Henry leaves and goes back to his life by Walden Pond.
(b) Henry experiencing new strength and striding confidently off stage.
(c) Henry refuses to leave.
(d) Henry is sitting on his cot by Bailey.
3. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
(a) Edward eats some of the berries.
(b) Edward cannot find any berries.
(c) Edward spills his full basket of berries.
(d) Edward has dropped a few berries.
4. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
(a) Some signs of awkwardness.
(b) Some signs of tension.
5. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Someone has paid his taxes.
(b) Sam is allowing him to escape.
(c) Waldo has payed his bail.
(d) The charges have been dropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. As who does Waldo appear?
2. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
3. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
4. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
5. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)