|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) He is not interested in any of them.
(b) He considers Lydian a wife.
(c) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(d) He already is married.
2. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists violence is not always the answer.
(b) He insists violence is the only solution.
(c) He insists Waldo start a war.
(d) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
3. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
4. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(b) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(c) "To forgive, means to forget!"
(d) "A wife is a treasure!"
5. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels somewhat relieved.
(c) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
(d) He feels discouraged and powerless.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry, why is the government afraid of the choice he has made?
2. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
3. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
4. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
5. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)