|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(b) He is not interested in any of them.
(c) He considers Lydian a wife.
(d) He already is married.
2. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
(a) He expresses happiness for his freedom.
(b) He expresses sympathy about Williams' death.
(c) He expresses shock about Williams' capture.
(d) he expresses excitement for his escape to Canada.
3. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
(a) Waldo tells him to stop talking.
(b) A loud noise covers his words.
(c) No sound comes from his mouth.
(d) He is shot and wounded.
4. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
(a) Duck and cover.
(b) Run for their lives.
(c) Build a trench.
(d) Form a line and start firing.
5. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(b) He refuses to leave Henry.
(c) He hides.
(d) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
2. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
3. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
4. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
5. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)