|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
(b) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dressed as an American soldier.
(d) Dressed as a slave.
2. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
(a) The telegraph line to Texas has been finished.
(b) The war in Mexico has ended.
(c) The war in Mexico has begun.
(d) Henry's mother will bail him out.
3. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He is followed by racist epithets.
(b) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He begins shooting his rifle.
4. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
(a) Reassured that Waldo is not changing his stand on freedom.
(b) Torn between sharing Henry's opinions and loyalty to Waldo.
(c) Embarrassed by Waldo's cowardly actions.
(d) Unsure whether she still loves Waldo or actually loves Henry.
5. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
(a) Come to visit.
(b) Told Sam to let Henry go.
(c) Paid his tax bill.
(d) Come to console Henry's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
2. How does the play close?
3. What has Henry made for the chickens?
4. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
5. What does Henry give Williams?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)