|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He is followed by racist epithets.
(b) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He begins shooting his rifle.
2. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
(a) He should leave.
(b) Get another job.
(c) Stay with them.
(d) Find a wife.
3. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
4. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "man of his word."
(b) A "living Transcendentalist."
(c) A "living, breathing prophet."
(d) A "walking ethic."
5. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
(a) Waldo "is afraid of public speaking."
(b) Waldo "suddenly had to make other plans."
(c) Waldo "is not longer interested in assisting Henry in his cause."
(d) Waldo "wants more time to meditate on these matters."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams do when he sees Henry?
2. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
3. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
4. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
5. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)