|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "A wife is a treasure!"
(b) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(c) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(d) "To forgive, means to forget!"
2. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(c) Planting in his garden.
(d) Playing a flute.
3. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(b) He considers Lydian a wife.
(c) He already is married.
(d) He is not interested in any of them.
4. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
(b) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(c) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(d) A "mixture of love and devotion."
5. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
(a) His wonderful manner of speaking.
(b) His fame and influence.
(c) A change in philosophy.
(d) His wife's influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. The war resumes in full speed with what?
2. What choice is Henry describing to Bailey?
3. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
4. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
5. How does Williams appear?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)