|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(b) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
(c) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
(d) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
2. What pleases Henry about Williams?
(a) Williams is going back into slavery.
(b) Williams tells him of his desire to escape slavery.
(c) Williams is a kind man.
(d) Williams will be staying at Walden Pond to help him.
3. What has Henry made for the chickens?
(a) A new nest for their eggs, so they do not roost in Lydian's roses.
(b) Gloves to keep them from scratching up Lydian's roses.
(c) A place to be fed, so they stay out of Lydians's roses.
(d) A chicken coop, so they stay out of Lydian's roses.
4. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
(a) Williams is not his slave.
(b) Williams has to move on to his own home.
(c) Henry tells him to never describe himself as a possession.
(d) Williams may not stay at Walden.
5. Where must Waldo go to speak out against injustice?
(a) Out of his comfort zone.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) In his own heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
2. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
3. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
4. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
5. What does Williams do when he sees Henry?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)