|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry assure Williams?
(a) He will not get captured.
(b) He is free.
(c) He may stay at Walden Pond.
(d) He is still a slave.
2. As who does Waldo appear?
(a) The President.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A General.
(d) A Mexican soldier.
3. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are sneaky.
(b) They can useful.
(c) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
(d) They are devils.
4. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
(a) Their wives.
(c) One another.
5. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(b) He already is married.
(c) He is not interested in any of them.
(d) He considers Lydian a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
2. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
3. What name does Williams adopts?
4. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
5. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)