|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as an American soldier.
(b) Dressed as a slave.
(c) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
(d) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
2. What has brought violence to Concord?
(a) Williams' shooting.
(b) The upset citizens of Concord.
(c) Waldo's speeches.
(d) Henry's jail time.
3. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) Where do you find such inspiration?
(b) What would happen if everyone did so?
(c) Why do not more people listen to you?
(d) How can I join you?
4. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
(a) Edward has dropped a few berries.
(b) Edward cannot find any berries.
(c) Edward spills his full basket of berries.
(d) Edward eats some of the berries.
5. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists Waldo start a war.
(b) He insists violence is not always the answer.
(c) He insists violence is the only solution.
(d) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
2. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
3. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
4. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
5. How does the play close?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)