|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
(a) Congressman Lincoln from Illinois.
(b) My son.
(c) My brother.
(d) President Polk.
2. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(b) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
(c) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
(d) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
3. How does the play close?
(a) Henry leaves and goes back to his life by Walden Pond.
(b) Henry refuses to leave.
(c) Henry experiencing new strength and striding confidently off stage.
(d) Henry is sitting on his cot by Bailey.
4. What does Williams want to call himself?
(a) Williams at Waldon Pond.
(b) Mr. Henry's Williams.
(c) Walden's Williams.
(d) Mr. Henry's Slave Williams.
5. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) What would happen if everyone did so?
(b) Where do you find such inspiration?
(c) Why do not more people listen to you?
(d) How can I join you?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
2. About what is Williams worried?
3. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
4. When does all action on stage stop?
5. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)