|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
(a) When Edward says he wants Henry to be is father.
(b) When she sees the gift he made her.
(c) When Henry asks her to marry him.
(d) When she asks if he is lonely, he turns the question back on her.
2. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry would help around the house.
(b) Henry would be a better husband for her.
(c) Henry would be a better cook too.
(d) Henry could make repairs.
3. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
(a) He is shocked to hear Waldo say this.
(b) He is disgusted and goes to leave.
(c) He agrees and changes his actions.
(d) He and Waldo begin a plan to fight the war in a more legal way.
4. What does Henry give Williams?
(b) Some bread.
(c) A book.
(d) A bed.
5. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
(b) It has stripped away some of his self.
(c) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
(d) It has made a solid friendship.
6. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) Edward is shot.
(b) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
(c) John is shot.
(d) Waldo is shot.
7. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(b) Berry patch hunting.
(c) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
(d) Huckleberry hunting.
8. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
(a) What Waldo can do for Henry.
(b) Why Henry hurts Waldo.
(c) If Henry loves Waldo.
(d) What Henry can do for Waldo.
9. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(b) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(c) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
(d) A "mixture of love and devotion."
10. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
(a) Staying in the house.
(b) Playing with his brother.
(c) Just eating the pudding his mother made from them.
(d) Going to school.
11. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
(a) Come to console Henry's mother.
(b) Told Sam to let Henry go.
(c) Come to visit.
(d) Paid his tax bill.
12. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Someone has paid his taxes.
(b) The charges have been dropped.
(c) Waldo has payed his bail.
(d) Sam is allowing him to escape.
13. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He finds a berry patch.
(b) He falls wounded.
(c) He calls for his father.
(d) He shoots Williams.
14. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as an American soldier.
(b) Dressed as a slave.
(c) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
15. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
(b) He hides.
(c) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(d) He refuses to leave Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scene restart?
2. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
3. Ball becomes a general, and urges them all to do what?
4. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
5. What does Henry think about lawyers?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)