|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He calls for his father.
(b) He falls wounded.
(c) He finds a berry patch.
(d) He shoots Williams.
2. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
(a) He thinks it might cheer Bailey up.
(b) He is trying to be funny.
(c) He is making a statement about his beliefs.
(d) Bailey asks him for help praying.
3. As who does Waldo appear?
(a) A General.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The President.
(d) A Mexican soldier.
4. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
(a) Calling for help.
(b) Waking Henry up from his dream.
(c) Packing Henry's belongings.
(d) Yelling at Henry.
5. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(c) Planting in his garden.
(d) Playing a flute.
6. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as a slave.
(b) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
(d) Dressed as an American soldier.
7. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Berry patch hunting.
(b) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(c) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
(d) Huckleberry hunting.
8. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) When Edward is shot.
(b) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(c) When John is shot.
(d) When Henry yells for the war to end.
9. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They can useful.
(b) They are sneaky.
(c) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
(d) They are devils.
10. The war resumes in full speed with what?
(a) Violent bursts of light and noise.
(b) Henry leading the fight.
(c) Waldo leading the army.
(d) The Mexicans on the run.
11. What does Williams want to call himself?
(a) Mr. Henry's Williams.
(b) Walden's Williams.
(c) Mr. Henry's Slave Williams.
(d) Williams at Waldon Pond.
12. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
(a) Some signs of tension.
(c) Some signs of awkwardness.
13. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
(b) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(c) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
(d) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
14. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
(a) No sound comes from his mouth.
(b) He is shot and wounded.
(c) A loud noise covers his words.
(d) Waldo tells him to stop talking.
15. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
(c) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
2. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
3. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
4. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
5. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)