|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
(b) It has stripped away some of his self.
(c) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
(d) It has made a solid friendship.
2. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
(a) It has to do with renewal of faith and hope in God.
(b) It has to do with protecting Bailey in his time of need.
(c) It has to do with confession and forgiveness.
(d) It has more to do with his own beliefs than with Bailey's legal troubles.
3. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
(a) President Polk.
(b) My son.
(c) Congressman Lincoln from Illinois.
(d) My brother.
4. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
(a) he expresses excitement for his escape to Canada.
(b) He expresses happiness for his freedom.
(c) He expresses shock about Williams' capture.
(d) He expresses sympathy about Williams' death.
5. Where does Williams want to stay?
(c) Wherever Henry is.
6. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are devils.
(b) They are sneaky.
(c) They can useful.
(d) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
7. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
(b) He insists violence is the only solution.
(c) He insists Waldo start a war.
(d) He insists violence is not always the answer.
8. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
(a) Reassured that Waldo is not changing his stand on freedom.
(b) Unsure whether she still loves Waldo or actually loves Henry.
(c) Embarrassed by Waldo's cowardly actions.
(d) Torn between sharing Henry's opinions and loyalty to Waldo.
9. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
(b) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(c) He is caught in the tornado.
(d) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
10. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He finds a berry patch.
(b) He shoots Williams.
(c) He calls for his father.
(d) He falls wounded.
11. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
(a) He is clearly panicked.
(b) He is fairly calm.
(c) He is confident in his aquittal.
(d) He is a little worried.
12. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(b) When Edward is shot.
(c) When John is shot.
(d) When Henry yells for the war to end.
13. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
(c) One another.
(d) Their wives.
14. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
(a) He tells him it's his choice if he stays.
(b) He tells him that he may stay with Bailey.
(c) He tells him he will have to speak with the judge.
(d) He tells him that he must leave.
15. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
(a) She urges him to stay with them.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She urges him to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
2. The war resumes in full speed with what?
3. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
4. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
5. As who does Waldo appear?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)