|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scene restart?
(b) It does not restart.
(d) In slow motion.
2. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
(a) This is the devil's lair.
(b) This is a fire.
(c) This is a dream.
(d) This is a tornado.
3. According to Henry, why is the government afraid of the choice he has made?
(a) They want his money.
(b) They do not prison escapees.
(c) It may encourage others to do the same.
(d) They do not want a civil war.
4. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
5. Where does Williams want to stay?
(d) Wherever Henry is.
6. As who does Waldo appear?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The President.
(c) A General.
(d) A Mexican soldier.
7. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has made a solid friendship.
(b) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
(c) It has stripped away some of his self.
(d) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
8. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Stay with them.
(c) Get another job.
(d) He should leave.
9. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
(a) Just eating the pudding his mother made from them.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Playing with his brother.
(d) Staying in the house.
10. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
(a) Control over other countries.
(b) Money and power.
(c) Love for the United States and the desire to spread freedom.
(d) A desire for more land for Southern slave owners.
11. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) Where do you find such inspiration?
(b) What would happen if everyone did so?
(c) Why do not more people listen to you?
(d) How can I join you?
12. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(b) Berry patch hunting.
(c) Huckleberry hunting.
(d) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
13. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry would help around the house.
(b) Henry would be a better cook too.
(c) Henry would be a better husband for her.
(d) Henry could make repairs.
14. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as an American soldier.
(b) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dressed as a slave.
(d) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
15. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
(b) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(c) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
(d) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
2. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
3. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
4. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
5. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)