|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams want to call himself?
(a) Mr. Henry's Slave Williams.
(b) Williams at Waldon Pond.
(c) Mr. Henry's Williams.
(d) Walden's Williams.
2. Where does Henry advice him to go?
(c) New York.
3. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
(a) He ties himself to the bed.
(b) He insists on staying until Bailey goes to trial or is released.
(c) He tells Sam to let Bailey go instead.
(d) He threatens Sam's life.
4. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry would be a better husband for her.
(b) Henry would be a better cook too.
(c) Henry could make repairs.
(d) Henry would help around the house.
5. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
(b) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(c) He is caught in the tornado.
(d) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
6. According to Henry, why is the government afraid of the choice he has made?
(a) They do not want a civil war.
(b) It may encourage others to do the same.
(c) They do not prison escapees.
(d) They want his money.
7. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
(a) He tells him he will have to speak with the judge.
(b) He tells him that he may stay with Bailey.
(c) He tells him it's his choice if he stays.
(d) He tells him that he must leave.
8. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists violence is the only solution.
(b) He insists violence is not always the answer.
(c) He insists Waldo start a war.
(d) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
9. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) Waldo is shot.
(b) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
(c) John is shot.
(d) Edward is shot.
10. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
(a) Congressman Lincoln from Illinois.
(b) My brother.
(c) President Polk.
(d) My son.
11. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
(a) Edward eats some of the berries.
(b) Edward spills his full basket of berries.
(c) Edward cannot find any berries.
(d) Edward has dropped a few berries.
12. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
(a) He expresses sympathy about Williams' death.
(b) He expresses shock about Williams' capture.
(c) He expresses happiness for his freedom.
(d) he expresses excitement for his escape to Canada.
13. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They can useful.
(b) They are devils.
(c) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
(d) They are sneaky.
14. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
(a) This is the devil's lair.
(b) This is a dream.
(c) This is a fire.
(d) This is a tornado.
15. How does the scene restart?
(b) In slow motion.
(d) It does not restart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
2. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
3. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
4. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
5. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)