|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(b) When John is shot.
(c) When Henry yells for the war to end.
(d) When Edward is shot.
2. What has brought violence to Concord?
(a) Waldo's speeches.
(b) Williams' shooting.
(c) The upset citizens of Concord.
(d) Henry's jail time.
3. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
(a) He is shot and wounded.
(b) A loud noise covers his words.
(c) Waldo tells him to stop talking.
(d) No sound comes from his mouth.
4. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
(a) He tells him he will have to speak with the judge.
(b) He tells him that he may stay with Bailey.
(c) He tells him that he must leave.
(d) He tells him it's his choice if he stays.
5. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
(a) He eats his breakfast anyway.
(b) He lets himself out of the cell.
(c) He is forced to participate.
(d) He reads the note.
6. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(b) He refuses to leave Henry.
(c) He hides.
(d) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
7. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
(a) Williams has to move on to his own home.
(b) Williams may not stay at Walden.
(c) Williams is not his slave.
(d) Henry tells him to never describe himself as a possession.
8. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are sneaky.
(b) They can useful.
(c) They are devils.
(d) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
9. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
(b) Their wives.
(d) One another.
10. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Waldo has payed his bail.
(b) Someone has paid his taxes.
(c) The charges have been dropped.
(d) Sam is allowing him to escape.
11. Who does Bailey ask to be his lawyer?
12. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(b) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(c) "A wife is a treasure!"
(d) "To forgive, means to forget!"
13. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels discouraged and powerless.
(b) He feels somewhat relieved.
(c) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
(d) He feels confused and unsure.
14. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
(a) Henry was his father.
(b) Henry was his brother.
(c) John was his brother.
(d) John was his father.
15. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
(a) Learn to conform.
(b) Follow his own path.
(c) Forgive Waldo.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry give Williams?
2. Henry reacts violently against Lydian's idea. What does he do?
3. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
4. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
5. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)