|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams do when he sees Henry?
(a) He runs from him.
(b) He attacks him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He tries to hide from him.
2. Where does Williams want to stay?
(d) Wherever Henry is.
3. What name does Williams adopts?
(a) Henry Williams.
(b) Walden Williams.
(c) Williams Thoreau.
(d) Williams Henry.
4. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
(a) He is clearly panicked.
(b) He is confident in his aquittal.
(c) He is fairly calm.
(d) He is a little worried.
5. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
(b) The water.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A flute.
6. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has stripped away some of his self.
(b) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
(c) It has made a solid friendship.
(d) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
7. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
(a) Henry's mother will bail him out.
(b) The telegraph line to Texas has been finished.
(c) The war in Mexico has ended.
(d) The war in Mexico has begun.
8. Who does Bailey ask to be his lawyer?
9. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
(a) He thinks it might cheer Bailey up.
(b) He is making a statement about his beliefs.
(c) He is trying to be funny.
(d) Bailey asks him for help praying.
10. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "To forgive, means to forget!"
(b) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(c) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(d) "A wife is a treasure!"
11. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
(a) He tells Sam to let Bailey go instead.
(b) He ties himself to the bed.
(c) He threatens Sam's life.
(d) He insists on staying until Bailey goes to trial or is released.
12. Why does Edward suggest that Henry would be a better father?
(a) Henry is more fun than his own father.
(b) Henry is nicer than his own father.
(c) His father would not play with him like Henry does.
(d) His father is often away from the house.
13. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
14. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He refuses to leave Henry.
(b) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
(c) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(d) He hides.
15. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
(a) Get another job.
(b) Stay with them.
(c) He should leave.
(d) Find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
2. What has brought violence to Concord?
3. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
4. What does Henry give Williams?
5. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)