1. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
A jail cell in the center of the stage.
2. In what town is the play set?
3. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
To suggest winter.
4. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
5. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
What he has done.
6. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
He has "not done something."
This section contains 5,755 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)