|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
(b) It has made a solid friendship.
(c) It has stripped away some of his self.
(d) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
2. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
(b) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
(c) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
(d) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
3. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
(a) A rifle.
(b) The key to the jail cell.
(c) His breakfast.
(d) A note.
4. Where does Henry live?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) Downtown Concord.
(c) By Walden Pond.
(d) On the beach.
5. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
(a) Out of a sense of propriety.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is afraid she will cringe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
2. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
3. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
4. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
5. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)