|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not like the United States.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He is not an American.
(d) He does not approve of its actions.
2. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) When Henry yells for the war to end.
(b) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(c) When Edward is shot.
(d) When John is shot.
3. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
(a) He dies with a huge fortune and no poems.
(b) He never earns a fortune.
(c) He dies on his way to India.
(d) He dies wealthy and a poet.
4. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
(a) Henry teaches him about Transcendentalism.
(b) Henry teaches him mathematics.
(c) Henry teaches him how to read and write his name.
(d) Henry teaches him how to play the flute.
5. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
(a) he expresses excitement for his escape to Canada.
(b) He expresses sympathy about Williams' death.
(c) He expresses shock about Williams' capture.
(d) He expresses happiness for his freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. As who does Waldo appear?
2. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
3. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
4. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
5. Why does Edward suggest that Henry would be a better father?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)