|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) He is not interested in any of them.
(b) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(c) He already is married.
(d) He considers Lydian a wife.
2. In what town is the play set?
(a) East Hampton, New York.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
3. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) By thinking for herself.
(b) Live at home.
(c) Do not fall in love.
(d) Stay young.
5. What name does Williams adopts?
(a) Williams Thoreau.
(b) Henry Williams.
(c) Walden Williams.
(d) Williams Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
2. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
4. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
5. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)