|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Do not fall in love.
(b) Stay young.
(c) By thinking for herself.
(d) Live at home.
2. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His brother, John.
(b) The guard, Sam.
(c) His cellmate, Bailey.
(d) His friend, Waldo.
3. What occupation does Sam mark?
4. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) Concord is too wild for his taste.
(b) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(c) There are too many biting insects.
(d) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
5. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
(a) Williams is not his slave.
(b) Henry tells him to never describe himself as a possession.
(c) Williams has to move on to his own home.
(d) Williams may not stay at Walden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
2. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
3. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
4. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
5. To what does Henry compare time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)