|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Berry patch hunting.
(b) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
(c) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(d) Huckleberry hunting.
2. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) She is failing the course.
(b) She has not paid tuition.
(c) Her father does not want her in the school.
(d) She is the only girl.
3. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
(a) It has failed the American citizens and must be thrown out.
(b) It benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
(c) It ensures that change happens peacefully and at the right pace.
(d) It protects Americans from one another.
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
(a) He is afraid she will cringe.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) Out of a sense of propriety.
5. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
(a) Duck and cover.
(b) Run for their lives.
(c) Build a trench.
(d) Form a line and start firing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
2. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
3. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
4. What does Henry think about lawyers?
5. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)