|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Williams worried?
(a) Henry will not be his friend.
(b) Henry will turn him in.
(c) The authorities will catch him at Walden Pond.
(d) Henry will kick him out.
2. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
(a) He never earns a fortune.
(b) He dies with a huge fortune and no poems.
(c) He dies on his way to India.
(d) He dies wealthy and a poet.
3. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Stay inside buildings.
(b) Emulate him.
(c) Listen to their parents.
(d) Go to class.
4. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) How can I join you?
(b) Where do you find such inspiration?
(c) Why do not more people listen to you?
(d) What would happen if everyone did so?
5. What does Williams want to call himself?
(a) Mr. Henry's Slave Williams.
(b) Mr. Henry's Williams.
(c) Walden's Williams.
(d) Williams at Waldon Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think about lawyers?
2. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
3. What does Henry assure Williams?
4. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
5. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)