|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
(b) He does not need any money.
(c) He will work for room and board.
(d) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
2. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Be free to be yourself."
(b) "Cast conformity behind you."
(c) "Follow your own path."
(d) "Follow the yellow brick road."
3. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) When Henry yells for the war to end.
(b) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(c) When Edward is shot.
(d) When John is shot.
4. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(b) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(c) Concord is too wild for his taste.
(d) There are too many biting insects.
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He wants to be paid in kind.
(b) He want to negotiate a salary.
(c) He readily accepts his offer.
(d) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bailey in jail?
2. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
3. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
4. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
5. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)