|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
(a) He and Waldo begin a plan to fight the war in a more legal way.
(b) He is disgusted and goes to leave.
(c) He is shocked to hear Waldo say this.
(d) He agrees and changes his actions.
2. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) He has "not done something."
(b) He does not know what happened to John.
(c) His father is dead.
(d) There is "not someone" with him.
3. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
(a) What Henry can do for Waldo.
(b) What Waldo can do for Henry.
(c) Why Henry hurts Waldo.
(d) If Henry loves Waldo.
4. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will get sympathy.
(b) So that he will not write books.
(c) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(d) So he will stay in jail.
5. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
(a) It has failed the American citizens and must be thrown out.
(b) It protects Americans from one another.
(c) It ensures that change happens peacefully and at the right pace.
(d) It benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
2. What does Williams want to call himself?
3. What has brought violence to Concord?
4. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
5. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)