|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
(a) Reprimand him.
(b) Report him to the School Committee.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Cancel his courses.
2. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(b) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(c) They would dive to earth.
(d) They would run into one another in the air.
3. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(b) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(c) "To forgive, means to forget!"
(d) "A wife is a treasure!"
4. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) He is not interested in any of them.
(b) He already is married.
(c) He considers Lydian a wife.
(d) Nature is his mother-in-law.
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(b) The lab courses.
(c) The weekends.
(d) Waldo's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
2. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
3. Where must Waldo go to speak out against injustice?
4. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
5. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)