|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
(a) Henry tells him to join him in jail.
(b) Henry tells him to run for mayor.
(c) Henry tells him to start his own war.
(d) Henry tells him to speak out against the war.
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(b) God would not mind Henry's work.
(c) He worships in nature.
(d) He is a sinner.
3. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He begins shooting his rifle.
(b) He is followed by racist epithets.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
4. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
(c) He feels somewhat relieved.
(d) He feels discouraged and powerless.
5. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists violence is not always the answer.
(b) He insists Waldo start a war.
(c) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
(d) He insists violence is the only solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
2. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
3. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
4. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)