|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
(a) Henry tells him he is a carpenter.
(b) Henry tells him he is a protester.
(c) Henry answers with several of the different jobs he has done.
(d) Henry answers that he is a writer.
2. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(b) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(c) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
(d) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
3. For what does Henry propose to work?
(a) A small Salary.
(c) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
(d) A small garden in the back property.
4. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "man of his word."
(b) A "living Transcendentalist."
(c) A "living, breathing prophet."
(d) A "walking ethic."
5. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
(a) If Henry loves Waldo.
(b) What Waldo can do for Henry.
(c) Why Henry hurts Waldo.
(d) What Henry can do for Waldo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
2. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
4. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
5. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)