|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) He considers Lydian a wife.
(b) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(c) He is not interested in any of them.
(d) He already is married.
2. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) A small scale.
(b) The scale of the Civil War.
(c) The scale of the American Revolution.
(d) The scale of the Mexican War.
3. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and older brother.
(b) Their parents and aunt.
(c) Their parents and uncle.
(d) Their father and mother.
4. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
5. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) He does not know what happened to John.
(b) There is "not someone" with him.
(c) He has "not done something."
(d) His father is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
2. What does Williams do when he sees Henry?
3. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
4. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
5. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)