|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she loves him.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He knows that John likes her very much.
(d) He knows she likes John.
2. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
(a) She urges him to get married.
(b) She urges him to stay with them.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She hugs him.
3. About what is Williams worried?
(a) Henry will not be his friend.
(b) Henry will kick him out.
(c) Henry will turn him in.
(d) The authorities will catch him at Walden Pond.
4. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
(a) President Polk.
(b) Congressman Lincoln from Illinois.
(c) My brother.
(d) My son.
5. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
(b) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
2. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
3. In what town is the play set?
4. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)