|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
(a) His rowing scares Ellen.
(b) His intensity frightens Ellen away.
(c) Ellen rejects him.
(d) Ellen does not love John as he thought.
2. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels somewhat relieved.
(b) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
(c) He feels confused and unsure.
(d) He feels discouraged and powerless.
3. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
(a) Waking Henry up from his dream.
(b) Calling for help.
(c) Packing Henry's belongings.
(d) Yelling at Henry.
4. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
(b) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
(c) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(d) He is caught in the tornado.
5. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will get sympathy.
(b) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(c) So he will stay in jail.
(d) So that he will not write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
2. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
3. About what is Williams worried?
4. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)