|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are devils.
(b) They are sneaky.
(c) They can useful.
(d) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
2. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
(a) A change in philosophy.
(b) His fame and influence.
(c) His wonderful manner of speaking.
(d) His wife's influence.
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would dive to earth.
(b) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(c) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(d) They would run into one another in the air.
4. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) Henry's children will not be strange.
(b) He will straighten out.
(c) He will not become more strange.
(d) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
5. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
(a) A commanding officer.
(b) The President.
(c) A General.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
2. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
3. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
4. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
5. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)