|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He want to negotiate a salary.
(b) He readily accepts his offer.
(c) He wants to be paid in kind.
(d) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
2. How does the scene restart?
(c) It does not restart.
(d) In slow motion.
3. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She comforts him.
(b) She weeps over John's coffin.
(c) She actually understands Transcendentalism
(d) She says she loves him.
4. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would run into one another in the air.
(b) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(c) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(d) They would dive to earth.
5. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding his face.
(b) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(c) He has been feeding plants with manure.
(d) He has been feeding the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
2. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
3. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
4. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
5. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)