|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Edward Emerson.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) John Thoreau.
2. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
(a) When Edward says he wants Henry to be is father.
(b) When she asks if he is lonely, he turns the question back on her.
(c) When Henry asks her to marry him.
(d) When she sees the gift he made her.
3. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) A Unitarian preacher.
(c) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
(d) An old college professor.
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is afraid she will cringe.
(c) Out of a sense of propriety.
(d) He does not like her.
5. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
(b) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(c) Waldo and Henry's looks.
(d) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
2. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
3. What does Henry accuse Waldo of being, which Waldo denies?
4. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
5. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)