|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Henry made for the chickens?
(a) A new nest for their eggs, so they do not roost in Lydian's roses.
(b) Gloves to keep them from scratching up Lydian's roses.
(c) A place to be fed, so they stay out of Lydians's roses.
(d) A chicken coop, so they stay out of Lydian's roses.
2. Ball becomes a general, and urges them all to do what?
(a) Learn how to kill.
(c) Choose a weapon.
(d) Get into line.
3. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He falls wounded.
(b) He finds a berry patch.
(c) He shoots Williams.
(d) He calls for his father.
4. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Edward Emerson.
(b) John Thoreau.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
2. For what does Henry propose to work?
3. Where does Henry live?
4. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
5. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)