|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry recognizes about his devotion to Waldo?
(a) It has helped shape his own beliefs.
(b) It has given him the strength to fight injustice.
(c) It has stripped away some of his self.
(d) It has made a solid friendship.
2. What does Henry assure Williams?
(a) He may stay at Walden Pond.
(b) He is still a slave.
(c) He is free.
(d) He will not get captured.
3. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
(b) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(c) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(d) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
4. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He begins shooting his rifle.
(d) He is followed by racist epithets.
5. To what does Henry compare time?
(a) To a road.
(b) To a river.
(c) To sand.
(d) To the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
2. Henry praises the speaker, and calls him by what name?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. How does Henry describe berry picking?
5. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)