|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(b) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(c) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(d) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
2. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He urges her to be an individual.
(b) He quizzes her over her notes.
(c) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(d) He tells her to continue the hard work.
3. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
(a) Henry was his brother.
(b) John was his brother.
(c) Henry was his father.
(d) John was his father.
4. How does the play close?
(a) Henry experiencing new strength and striding confidently off stage.
(b) Henry is sitting on his cot by Bailey.
(c) Henry leaves and goes back to his life by Walden Pond.
(d) Henry refuses to leave.
5. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
(a) Having an odd repairperson.
(b) Having a Harvard-educated repairperson.
(c) Having a outspoken repairperson.
(d) Having a Transcendentalist repairperson.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
2. What has brought violence to Concord?
3. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
4. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
5. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)