|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
(a) Get married.
(b) End his friendship with Waldo.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Let Waldo be himself.
2. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "man of his word."
(b) A "living, breathing prophet."
(c) A "living Transcendentalist."
(d) A "walking ethic."
3. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
4. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as an American soldier.
(b) Dressed as a slave.
(c) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
5. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
(a) Edward eats some of the berries.
(b) Edward has dropped a few berries.
(c) Edward spills his full basket of berries.
(d) Edward cannot find any berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
2. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
3. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
4. How does the scene restart?
5. What does Henry tell Waldo that he has to do, besides cast a vote in an election?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)