|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
(a) To make the alphabet more exciting.
(b) To make the alphabet less linear and more human.
(c) It would be very tricky for everyone to remember.
(d) It would be more fun that way.
2. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) He will straighten out.
(b) He will not become more strange.
(c) Henry's children will not be strange.
(d) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
(b) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(c) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
(d) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
4. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
(a) Waking Henry up from his dream.
(b) Packing Henry's belongings.
(c) Yelling at Henry.
(d) Calling for help.
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
2. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
3. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
4. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)