|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
2. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(b) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(c) "To forgive, means to forget!"
(d) "A wife is a treasure!"
3. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
(a) The water.
(b) A flute.
(c) A Bible.
4. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
(a) Go beyond "being" and start "living."
(b) Go beyond "living" and start "being."
(c) Be kind to others to build good karma.
(d) Go to a Unitarian church.
5. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
(a) Let Waldo be himself.
(b) End his friendship with Waldo.
(c) Get married.
(d) Leave town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
2. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
3. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
4. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
5. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)