|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He knows she likes John.
(c) He knows she loves him.
(d) He knows that John likes her very much.
2. Henry reacts violently against Lydian's idea. What does he do?
(a) Chants her words back to her in protest.
(b) He argues with her.
(c) He leaves in a rage.
(d) He pushes her.
3. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
(a) She wishes Henry would help John get over her.
(b) She wishes Henry would have proposed so that she could refuse him also.
(c) She wishes Henry had proposed instead of John.
(d) She wishes Henry had not introduced her to John.
4. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A flute.
(d) The water.
5. As who does Waldo appear?
(a) The President.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Mexican soldier.
(d) A General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice is Henry describing to Bailey?
2. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
3. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
4. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
5. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)