|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Stay inside buildings.
(b) Listen to their parents.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Emulate him.
2. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His cellmate, Bailey.
(b) His brother, John.
(c) His friend, Waldo.
(d) The guard, Sam.
3. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(b) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(c) He urges her to be an individual.
(d) He quizzes her over her notes.
4. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she loves him.
(b) He knows that John likes her very much.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He knows she likes John.
5. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
(a) He is sent back into slavery.
(b) He lives in Canada.
(c) He has been shot at the border.
(d) He is a free man in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lydian notes that Waldo loves Henry. What does she ask Henry?
2. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
3. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
4. Why does Edward suggest that Henry would be a better father?
5. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)