|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He begins shooting his rifle.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is followed by racist epithets.
(d) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
2. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
(a) A desire for more land for Southern slave owners.
(b) Love for the United States and the desire to spread freedom.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Control over other countries.
3. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will stay in jail.
(b) So that he will not write books.
(c) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(d) So he will get sympathy.
4. The scene fades and Sam is doing what?
(a) Yelling at Henry.
(b) Calling for help.
(c) Waking Henry up from his dream.
(d) Packing Henry's belongings.
5. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
(a) Bailey asks him for help praying.
(b) He is making a statement about his beliefs.
(c) He thinks it might cheer Bailey up.
(d) He is trying to be funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
2. For what does Henry propose to work?
3. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
4. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
5. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)