|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(b) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(c) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(d) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
2. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He shoots Williams.
(b) He calls for his father.
(c) He falls wounded.
(d) He finds a berry patch.
3. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The President.
(c) A commanding officer.
(d) A General.
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
(a) They need to give him a list.
(b) He will only do certain things.
(c) Let him know what they need.
(d) The things that need doing will tell him about it.
5. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
(a) He should leave.
(b) Get another job.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Stay with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
2. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
3. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
4. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
5. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)