|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry give Williams?
(b) A bed.
(c) A book.
(d) Some bread.
2. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
(a) Henry teaches him mathematics.
(b) Henry teaches him how to play the flute.
(c) Henry teaches him how to read and write his name.
(d) Henry teaches him about Transcendentalism.
3. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
(a) "Allow your heart to lead the way!"
(b) "To get along, you have to go along!"
(c) "To forgive, means to forget!"
(d) "A wife is a treasure!"
4. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A General.
(c) The President.
(d) A commanding officer.
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
(b) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(c) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(d) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
2. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
4. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)