|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
(a) Learn to conform.
(b) Follow his own path.
(c) Get married.
(d) Forgive Waldo.
2. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
(a) His intensity frightens Ellen away.
(b) Ellen rejects him.
(c) Ellen does not love John as he thought.
(d) His rowing scares Ellen.
3. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(b) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(c) A "mixture of love and devotion."
(d) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
4. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
(a) The telegraph line to Texas has been finished.
(b) Henry's mother will bail him out.
(c) The war in Mexico has ended.
(d) The war in Mexico has begun.
5. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "living, breathing prophet."
(b) A "living Transcendentalist."
(c) A "walking ethic."
(d) A "man of his word."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
2. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
4. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
5. Who will be Henry's protege?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)