|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
(b) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(c) Huckleberry hunting.
(d) Berry patch hunting.
2. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
(a) It would be more fun that way.
(b) It would be very tricky for everyone to remember.
(c) To make the alphabet more exciting.
(d) To make the alphabet less linear and more human.
3. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
(a) He is a little worried.
(b) He is confident in his aquittal.
(c) He is fairly calm.
(d) He is clearly panicked.
4. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
(a) Waldo "wants more time to meditate on these matters."
(b) Waldo "is afraid of public speaking."
(c) Waldo "is not longer interested in assisting Henry in his cause."
(d) Waldo "suddenly had to make other plans."
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A beautiful flower.
(b) An ant hill.
(c) A new species of bee.
(d) A species he has not seen in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
2. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
4. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)