|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
(a) Their wives.
(c) One another.
2. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
(a) Torn between sharing Henry's opinions and loyalty to Waldo.
(b) Embarrassed by Waldo's cowardly actions.
(c) Unsure whether she still loves Waldo or actually loves Henry.
(d) Reassured that Waldo is not changing his stand on freedom.
3. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
(a) When Henry asks her to marry him.
(b) When she asks if he is lonely, he turns the question back on her.
(c) When she sees the gift he made her.
(d) When Edward says he wants Henry to be is father.
4. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He hates being in jail with him.
(b) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(c) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(d) He is irritated by him.
5. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Edward Emerson.
(b) John Thoreau.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
2. What name does Williams adopts?
3. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
4. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
5. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)