|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Dressed as an American soldier.
(c) Dressed as a slave.
(d) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
2. What does Henry tell Waldo that he has to do, besides cast a vote in an election?
(a) Write letters to the politicians.
(d) Run for office.
3. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(c) Playing a flute.
(d) Planting in his garden.
4. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
5. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "living, breathing prophet."
(b) A "man of his word."
(c) A "walking ethic."
(d) A "living Transcendentalist."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
2. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
3. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
4. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)