|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) How can I join you?
(b) What would happen if everyone did so?
(c) Why do not more people listen to you?
(d) Where do you find such inspiration?
2. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Be free to be yourself."
(b) "Cast conformity behind you."
(c) "Follow the yellow brick road."
(d) "Follow your own path."
3. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is staring at him.
(b) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is younger than any of the other students.
4. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
(a) Henry teaches him mathematics.
(b) Henry teaches him how to play the flute.
(c) Henry teaches him about Transcendentalism.
(d) Henry teaches him how to read and write his name.
5. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
(a) Tells her that he loves berries.
(b) Tells her how wonderful his day was.
(c) Tells her to make a pie.
(d) Tells her that he wants Henry to be his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
2. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
3. What does Henry assure Williams?
4. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
5. Ball becomes a general, and urges them all to do what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)