|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
(a) Control over other countries.
(b) Money and power.
(c) Love for the United States and the desire to spread freedom.
(d) A desire for more land for Southern slave owners.
2. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
(a) Henry tells him not to struggle with the water.
(b) Henry tells him to take lessons.
(c) Henry tells him to avoid the ocean.
(d) Henry tells him to plug his nose when he jumps in.
3. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The weekends.
(c) Waldo's lectures.
(d) The lab courses.
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) The members of his congregation.
(b) College professors.
(c) Roman emperors.
(d) His students.
5. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
(b) They are devils.
(c) They are sneaky.
(d) They can useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
2. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
3. Where does Henry live?
4. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
5. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)