|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(b) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(c) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(d) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(b) He worships in nature.
(c) God would not mind Henry's work.
(d) He is a sinner.
3. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry would be a better cook too.
(b) Henry would help around the house.
(c) Henry could make repairs.
(d) Henry would be a better husband for her.
4. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He falls wounded.
(b) He shoots Williams.
(c) He finds a berry patch.
(d) He calls for his father.
5. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
(a) Henry tells him to speak out against the war.
(b) Henry tells him to start his own war.
(c) Henry tells him to run for mayor.
(d) Henry tells him to join him in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
2. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
3. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
4. Who will be Henry's protege?
5. About what is Williams worried?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)