|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He refuses to leave Henry.
(b) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
(c) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(d) He hides.
2. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is the same.
(b) He is himself.
(c) He has changed.
(d) He is who he has always been.
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
(b) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
(c) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
(d) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
4. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(b) Henry proposes they start their own school.
(c) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(d) Henry quitting his job.
5. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
(a) Henry answers with several of the different jobs he has done.
(b) Henry answers that he is a writer.
(c) Henry tells him he is a carpenter.
(d) Henry tells him he is a protester.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
2. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
3. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
4. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
5. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)