|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
(a) It has to do with renewal of faith and hope in God.
(b) It has more to do with his own beliefs than with Bailey's legal troubles.
(c) It has to do with protecting Bailey in his time of need.
(d) It has to do with confession and forgiveness.
2. What does Henry give Williams?
(a) A bed.
(b) Some bread.
(d) A book.
3. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) The charges have been dropped.
(b) Someone has paid his taxes.
(c) Sam is allowing him to escape.
(d) Waldo has payed his bail.
4. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is who he has always been.
(b) He has changed.
(c) He is the same.
(d) He is himself.
5. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
(a) It protects Americans from one another.
(b) It benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
(c) It has failed the American citizens and must be thrown out.
(d) It ensures that change happens peacefully and at the right pace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
2. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
3. In what town is the play set?
4. Who will be Henry's protege?
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)