|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
(a) Williams may not stay at Walden.
(b) Williams is not his slave.
(c) Williams has to move on to his own home.
(d) Henry tells him to never describe himself as a possession.
2. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(b) He want to negotiate a salary.
(c) He readily accepts his offer.
(d) He wants to be paid in kind.
3. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
(a) It has to do with protecting Bailey in his time of need.
(b) It has to do with renewal of faith and hope in God.
(c) It has more to do with his own beliefs than with Bailey's legal troubles.
(d) It has to do with confession and forgiveness.
4. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
5. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
(a) Treating Williams like his own personal assistant.
(b) Treating Williams like an animal.
(c) Treating Williams as an idea rather than as a person.
(d) Treating Williams like the slave he had been.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
2. How does the play close?
3. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
4. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
5. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)