|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ball becomes a general, and urges them all to do what?
(b) Choose a weapon.
(c) Get into line.
(d) Learn how to kill.
2. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is younger than any of the other students.
(b) She is staring at him.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
3. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
(a) A commanding officer.
(b) The President.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A General.
4. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) He is caught in the tornado.
(b) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(c) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
(d) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
5. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He is a sinner.
(b) God would not mind Henry's work.
(c) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(d) He worships in nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
2. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
3. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
4. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
5. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)