|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(b) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(c) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
(d) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
2. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is who he has always been.
(b) He has changed.
(c) He is himself.
(d) He is the same.
3. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) Who is with him.
(b) What he has done.
(c) Where his father is.
(d) What has happened to John.
4. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
(a) He does not believe John's soul is in heaven.
(b) He does not believe in God.
(c) He is angry with God for taking his brother.
(d) He cannot pray to a God that does not listen.
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is irritated by him.
(b) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(c) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(d) He hates being in jail with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
2. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
3. Where does Henry advice him to go?
4. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
5. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)