|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry live?
(a) By Walden Pond.
(b) Downtown Concord.
(c) On the beach.
(d) By the ocean.
2. What choice is Henry describing to Bailey?
(a) The choice to marry Ellen or allow his brother to.
(b) The choice he has made between paying his taxes and asserting his independence.
(c) The choice to listen to those around him or follow his heart.
(d) The choice to stay in jail or attempt a mistake.
3. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
(a) Henry tells him to speak out against the war.
(b) Henry tells him to join him in jail.
(c) Henry tells him to run for mayor.
(d) Henry tells him to start his own war.
4. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) John Thoreau.
(b) Edward Emerson.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
5. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(b) There are too many biting insects.
(c) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(d) Concord is too wild for his taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
2. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
3. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
4. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
5. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)