|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Mexican War.
(b) A small scale.
(c) The scale of the Civil War.
(d) The scale of the American Revolution.
2. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
(a) It has to do with confession and forgiveness.
(b) It has to do with renewal of faith and hope in God.
(c) It has more to do with his own beliefs than with Bailey's legal troubles.
(d) It has to do with protecting Bailey in his time of need.
3. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
(a) His wife's influence.
(b) His wonderful manner of speaking.
(c) A change in philosophy.
(d) His fame and influence.
4. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
(a) He locks his cell door.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He lies on his cot to wait.
(d) He holds onto Bailey.
5. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He urges her to be an individual.
(b) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(c) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(d) He quizzes her over her notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry propose to work?
2. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
3. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)