|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
2. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and aunt.
(b) Their father and mother.
(c) Their parents and older brother.
(d) Their parents and uncle.
3. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(b) Henry quitting his job.
(c) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(d) Henry proposes they start their own school.
4. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
(c) He feels discouraged and powerless.
(d) He feels somewhat relieved.
5. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
(a) He has chosen to live outside of society and has married his bean patch.
(b) He has no money for a nicer home.
(c) He loves the whimsy of the outdoors and chose to marry it.
(d) He inherited the property from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
2. For what does Henry propose to work?
3. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
4. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
5. Why does Edward suggest that Henry would be a better father?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)