|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) Waldo is shot.
(b) Edward is shot.
(c) John is shot.
(d) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
2. When does all action on stage stop?
(a) When Henry yells for the war to end.
(b) When John is shot.
(c) An unseen voice addresses Congress and urges the President to stop the war.
(d) When Edward is shot.
3. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(b) He is a sinner.
(c) God would not mind Henry's work.
(d) He worships in nature.
4. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
(a) He is a little worried.
(b) He is fairly calm.
(c) He is clearly panicked.
(d) He is confident in his aquittal.
5. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) The constable.
(b) The keys.
(c) A drunk staggering around.
(d) Their neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
2. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
3. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
4. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
5. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)