|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Sam mark?
2. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
(b) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(c) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(d) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
3. How does the play close?
(a) Henry refuses to leave.
(b) Henry leaves and goes back to his life by Walden Pond.
(c) Henry is sitting on his cot by Bailey.
(d) Henry experiencing new strength and striding confidently off stage.
4. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
(a) When she asks if he is lonely, he turns the question back on her.
(b) When Edward says he wants Henry to be is father.
(c) When Henry asks her to marry him.
(d) When she sees the gift he made her.
5. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(b) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(c) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(d) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
2. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
3. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
4. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
5. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)