|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(b) He is irritated by him.
(c) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(d) He hates being in jail with him.
2. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(b) He becomes nervous.
(c) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(d) He tends to fall asleep.
3. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
4. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To babysit their son.
(b) To be a tutor for their son.
(c) To make their home a green home.
(d) To clean their home for them.
5. For what does Henry propose to work?
(a) A small Salary.
(b) A small garden in the back property.
(d) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
2. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
3. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
4. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
5. Who will be Henry's protege?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)