|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry takes off one shoe.
(b) Henry is stumbling around.
(c) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(d) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
2. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
3. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A swim.
(b) A walk.
(c) A boat ride.
(d) A picnic.
4. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Cast conformity behind you."
(b) "Follow the yellow brick road."
(c) "Be free to be yourself."
(d) "Follow your own path."
5. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He gives a shout of joy.
(b) He gives a derisive snort.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
2. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
4. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
5. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)