|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Serve him the bill.
(b) Put himself in jail.
(c) Not to serve him the bill.
(d) Quit as constable.
2. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
(a) Henry teaches him how to play the flute.
(b) Henry teaches him mathematics.
(c) Henry teaches him how to read and write his name.
(d) Henry teaches him about Transcendentalism.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He does not like taxes.
(b) He likes Mexico.
(c) To do so would make him a murderer.
(d) He does not have the money.
4. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) He does not know what happened to John.
(b) He has "not done something."
(c) His father is dead.
(d) There is "not someone" with him.
5. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(b) She is younger than any of the other students.
(c) She is staring at him.
(d) She is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
2. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
3. For what does Henry propose to work?
4. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)