|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
(a) She wishes Henry had not introduced her to John.
(b) She wishes Henry had proposed instead of John.
(c) She wishes Henry would have proposed so that she could refuse him also.
(d) She wishes Henry would help John get over her.
2. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) The people outside.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The birds on the clock tower.
(d) Bailey, his cellmate.
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
(b) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
(c) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
(d) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
4. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Read as many books as possible.
(b) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
(c) Find books instead of the other way around.
(d) Write books.
5. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and aunt.
(b) Their parents and uncle.
(c) Their parents and older brother.
(d) Their father and mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
2. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
3. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
4. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)