|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Robbing a store.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Murdering his neighbor.
2. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) They are considering creating their own cult.
(b) They both like Ellen.
(c) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(d) They want many wives.
3. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(b) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(c) He will find new students.
(d) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Stay young.
(b) Do not fall in love.
(c) By thinking for herself.
(d) Live at home.
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Practicing writing his name.
(d) Talking to Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
2. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
4. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
5. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)