|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
2. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) College professors.
(b) The members of his congregation.
(c) His students.
(d) Roman emperors.
3. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
(a) He wants to tell her about John.
(b) He finally tells her that he loves her.
(c) He is afraid of her father.
(d) He has trouble rowing the boat.
4. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Follow your own path."
(b) "Be free to be yourself."
(c) "Cast conformity behind you."
(d) "Follow the yellow brick road."
5. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To make their home a green home.
(b) To clean their home for them.
(c) To be a tutor for their son.
(d) To babysit their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
2. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
3. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
4. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
5. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)