|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He has changed.
(b) He is himself.
(c) He is the same.
(d) He is who he has always been.
2. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(b) The books.
(c) Their teacher.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He likes Mexico.
(b) He does not have the money.
(c) He does not like taxes.
(d) To do so would make him a murderer.
4. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
(a) Neither really understand Transcendentalism.
(b) They are both Transcendentalists.
(c) They are very close.
(d) They do not agree on how Edmund should be raised.
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(b) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
3. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
4. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)