|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
(a) He has trouble rowing the boat.
(b) He finally tells her that he loves her.
(c) He is afraid of her father.
(d) He wants to tell her about John.
2. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A boat ride.
(c) A walk.
(d) A swim.
3. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(b) Talking to Sam.
(c) Practicing writing his name.
(d) Reading a book.
4. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) For trips to town for supplies.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) To see his family.
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He readily accepts his offer.
(b) He want to negotiate a salary.
(c) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(d) He wants to be paid in kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
2. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
3. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
4. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
5. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)