|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
(a) To make the alphabet more exciting.
(b) It would be very tricky for everyone to remember.
(c) To make the alphabet less linear and more human.
(d) It would be more fun that way.
2. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Murdering his neighbor.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Robbing a store.
(d) Burning down a barn.
3. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To babysit their son.
(b) To clean their home for them.
(c) To make their home a green home.
(d) To be a tutor for their son.
4. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and aunt.
(b) Their parents and older brother.
(c) Their father and mother.
(d) Their parents and uncle.
5. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He gives a shout of joy.
(c) He gives a derisive snort.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
2. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
3. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
5. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)