|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) God would not mind Henry's work.
(b) He worships in nature.
(c) He is a sinner.
(d) He does not consider gardening to be work.
2. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would run into one another in the air.
(b) They would dive to earth.
(c) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(d) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
3. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is himself.
(b) He has changed.
(c) He is the same.
(d) He is who he has always been.
4. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(b) Their teacher.
(c) The books.
5. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Quit as constable.
(b) Put himself in jail.
(c) Not to serve him the bill.
(d) Serve him the bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
2. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
3. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
4. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
5. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)