|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To be a tutor for their son.
(b) To make their home a green home.
(c) To babysit their son.
(d) To clean their home for them.
2. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding his face.
(b) He has been feeding plants with manure.
(c) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(d) He has been feeding the birds.
3. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The people outside.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The birds on the clock tower.
4. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) To do so would make him a murderer.
(c) He does not like taxes.
(d) He likes Mexico.
5. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with him.
(b) Go to church with John.
(c) Marry John.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
2. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
3. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
4. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
5. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)