|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be Henry's protege?
2. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(b) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
(c) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
(d) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
3. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(b) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(c) He tends to fall asleep.
(d) He becomes nervous.
4. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
(a) Having a outspoken repairperson.
(b) Having an odd repairperson.
(c) Having a Transcendentalist repairperson.
(d) Having a Harvard-educated repairperson.
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(b) Henry takes off one shoe.
(c) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
2. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
3. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Ellen not marry John?
5. Why is Bailey in jail?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)