|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(b) The air and gets drunk from nature.
(c) Water and gets drunk on love.
(d) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
2. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(b) He wants to be paid in kind.
(c) He readily accepts his offer.
(d) He want to negotiate a salary.
3. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
4. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) A Unitarian preacher.
(b) An old college professor.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
5. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(b) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
(c) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(d) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
2. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
3. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
4. Where does Henry live?
5. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)