|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To babysit their son.
(b) To be a tutor for their son.
(c) To make their home a green home.
(d) To clean their home for them.
2. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
(a) He is not following the curriculum.
(b) There are girls in the course.
(c) Matters of theology should be left to religious leaders.
(d) The students do not address him as "Sir."
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(b) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(c) They would dive to earth.
(d) They would run into one another in the air.
4. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) A small scale.
(b) The scale of the American Revolution.
(c) The scale of the Civil War.
(d) The scale of the Mexican War.
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
(b) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(c) Water and gets drunk on love.
(d) The air and gets drunk from nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
2. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
3. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
4. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
5. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)