|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
(a) Henry's private school education.
(b) Henry's Harvard education.
(c) Henry's desire to be isolated.
(d) Henry's nature.
2. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
(a) He hates paying taxes.
(b) The government is corrupt.
(c) He does not have the money.
(d) Taxes do not help the people.
3. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) The constable.
(c) A drunk staggering around.
(d) The keys.
4. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A new species of bee.
(b) An ant hill.
(c) A species he has not seen in the area.
(d) A beautiful flower.
5. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not approve of its actions.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He does not like the United States.
(d) He is not an American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
4. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)