|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) A Unitarian preacher.
(b) An old college professor.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
2. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is afraid she will cringe.
(d) Out of a sense of propriety.
3. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding his face.
(b) He has been feeding the birds.
(c) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(d) He has been feeding plants with manure.
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) His students.
(b) The members of his congregation.
(c) Roman emperors.
(d) College professors.
5. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and aunt.
(b) Their parents and uncle.
(c) Their father and mother.
(d) Their parents and older brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
2. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
3. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)