|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
(a) The lights are broken.
(b) To suggest winter.
(c) To suggest a dream.
(d) To suggest old age.
2. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A swim.
(b) A boat ride.
(c) A walk.
(d) A picnic.
3. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) A shadow.
(d) His umbrella.
4. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He likes Mexico.
(b) He does not have the money.
(c) To do so would make him a murderer.
(d) He does not like taxes.
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) They both like Ellen.
(b) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(c) They are considering creating their own cult.
(d) They want many wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
2. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
3. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
4. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
5. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)