|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) His overcoat.
(b) A post.
(c) A shadow.
(d) His umbrella.
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) God would not mind Henry's work.
(b) He worships in nature.
(c) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(d) He is a sinner.
3. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
(a) She wishes Henry had not introduced her to John.
(b) She wishes Henry would have proposed so that she could refuse him also.
(c) She wishes Henry had proposed instead of John.
(d) She wishes Henry would help John get over her.
4. Where does Henry live?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) By Walden Pond.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Downtown Concord.
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(b) He hates being in jail with him.
(c) He is irritated by him.
(d) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
2. In what town is the play set?
3. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
4. Who will be Henry's protege?
5. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)