|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
(a) Ellen rejects him.
(b) His intensity frightens Ellen away.
(c) His rowing scares Ellen.
(d) Ellen does not love John as he thought.
2. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) A small scale.
(b) The scale of the Mexican War.
(c) The scale of the Civil War.
(d) The scale of the American Revolution.
3. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
4. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
(a) Henry's Harvard education.
(b) Henry's private school education.
(c) Henry's desire to be isolated.
(d) Henry's nature.
5. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
(a) They need to give him a list.
(b) Let him know what they need.
(c) He will only do certain things.
(d) The things that need doing will tell him about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
2. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
3. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
4. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)