|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not like the United States.
(b) He is not an American.
(c) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(d) He does not approve of its actions.
2. Who will be Henry's protege?
3. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It will get you out of jail faster.
(b) It can suffocate you.
(c) It is safer.
(d) It is the right thing to do.
4. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She actually understands Transcendentalism
(b) She says she loves him.
(c) She weeps over John's coffin.
(d) She comforts him.
5. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(b) Henry quitting his job.
(c) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(d) Henry proposes they start their own school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
2. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
3. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
4. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
5. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)