|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
(a) Henry tells him to plug his nose when he jumps in.
(b) Henry tells him to take lessons.
(c) Henry tells him not to struggle with the water.
(d) Henry tells him to avoid the ocean.
2. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) Taxes do not help the people.
(c) The government is corrupt.
(d) He hates paying taxes.
3. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Robbing a store.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Murdering his neighbor.
4. Why does Ellen not marry John?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) Her father objects.
(c) She loves Henry.
(d) She is too young.
5. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Sam mark?
2. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
3. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
4. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)