|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(b) Their teacher.
(d) The books.
2. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The lab courses.
(c) Waldo's lectures.
(d) The weekends.
3. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(b) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(c) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(d) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
4. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(b) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(c) He hates being in jail with him.
(d) He is irritated by him.
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(b) They both like Ellen.
(c) They are considering creating their own cult.
(d) They want many wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
2. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
4. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
5. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)