|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(b) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(c) Henry takes off one shoe.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
2. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He gives a derisive snort.
(d) He gives a shout of joy.
3. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Serve him the bill.
(b) Quit as constable.
(c) Put himself in jail.
(d) Not to serve him the bill.
4. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A swim.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A walk.
(d) A boat ride.
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) The air and gets drunk from nature.
(b) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(c) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
(d) Water and gets drunk on love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
2. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
3. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
4. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
5. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)