|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To see his family.
(d) For trips to town for supplies.
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) An old college professor.
(c) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
(d) A Unitarian preacher.
3. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
(b) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
(c) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(d) Waldo and Henry's looks.
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) A shadow.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) His overcoat.
5. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It is the right thing to do.
(b) It will get you out of jail faster.
(c) It is safer.
(d) It can suffocate you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
2. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
3. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
4. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
5. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)