|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The people outside.
(c) The birds on the clock tower.
(d) The jailer.
2. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she likes John.
(b) He knows she loves him.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He knows that John likes her very much.
3. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) Her father does not want her in the school.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) She has not paid tuition.
(d) She is the only girl.
4. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(b) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(c) He will find new students.
(d) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
2. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
3. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
4. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)