|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(b) So that he will not write books.
(c) So he will stay in jail.
(d) So he will get sympathy.
2. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not approve of its actions.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He is not an American.
(d) He does not like the United States.
3. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Practicing writing his name.
(d) Talking to Sam.
4. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It is the right thing to do.
(b) It will get you out of jail faster.
(c) It is safer.
(d) It can suffocate you.
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The weekends.
(b) The lab courses.
(d) Waldo's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
2. In what town is the play set?
3. To what does Henry compare time?
4. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)