|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
(b) He will straighten out.
(c) He will not become more strange.
(d) Henry's children will not be strange.
2. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) Concord is too wild for his taste.
(b) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(c) There are too many biting insects.
(d) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
3. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Civil War.
(b) The scale of the Mexican War.
(c) The scale of the American Revolution.
(d) A small scale.
4. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Murdering his neighbor.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Robbing a store.
5. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(b) He will find new students.
(c) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(d) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
2. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
4. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
5. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)