|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Go to church with John.
(d) Marry John.
2. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To go swimming.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To see his family.
(d) For trips to town for supplies.
3. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(b) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(c) He becomes nervous.
(d) He tends to fall asleep.
4. What occupation does Sam mark?
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) She has not paid tuition.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) She is the only girl.
(d) Her father does not want her in the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
2. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
3. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
4. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)