|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His friend, Waldo.
(b) The guard, Sam.
(c) His brother, John.
(d) His cellmate, Bailey.
2. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He is not an American.
(b) He does not approve of its actions.
(c) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(d) He does not like the United States.
3. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
(a) They do not agree on how Edmund should be raised.
(b) Neither really understand Transcendentalism.
(c) They are very close.
(d) They are both Transcendentalists.
4. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
(a) He is afraid of her father.
(b) He wants to tell her about John.
(c) He finally tells her that he loves her.
(d) He has trouble rowing the boat.
5. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
2. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
3. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
4. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)