|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He likes Mexico.
(b) He does not like taxes.
(c) To do so would make him a murderer.
(d) He does not have the money.
2. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Emulate him.
(b) Stay inside buildings.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Listen to their parents.
3. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He knows she loves him.
(c) He knows that John likes her very much.
(d) He knows she likes John.
4. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would dive to earth.
(b) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(c) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(d) They would run into one another in the air.
5. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
(a) He is afraid of her father.
(b) He wants to tell her about John.
(c) He has trouble rowing the boat.
(d) He finally tells her that he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
2. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
3. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
4. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
5. Why is Bailey in jail?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)