|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
2. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Write books.
(b) Find books instead of the other way around.
(c) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
(d) Read as many books as possible.
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) His students.
(b) The members of his congregation.
(c) Roman emperors.
(d) College professors.
4. To what does Henry compare time?
(a) To the sun.
(b) To a road.
(c) To sand.
(d) To a river.
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(a) Practicing writing his name.
(b) Talking to Sam.
(d) Reading a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
2. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
3. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
4. On what do John and Henry then agree?
5. For what does Henry propose to work?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)