|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with John.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Marry John.
(d) Go to church with him.
2. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is irritated by him.
(b) He hates being in jail with him.
(c) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(d) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
3. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Mexican War.
(b) The scale of the Civil War.
(c) A small scale.
(d) The scale of the American Revolution.
4. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
5. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she loves him.
(b) He knows that John likes her very much.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He knows she likes John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
2. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
3. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
4. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
5. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)