|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) They want many wives.
(b) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(c) They both like Ellen.
(d) They are considering creating their own cult.
2. What occupation does Sam mark?
3. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
4. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) John Thoreau.
(c) Edward Emerson.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
5. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) Where his father is.
(b) Who is with him.
(c) What has happened to John.
(d) What he has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
2. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
3. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
5. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)