|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) His overcoat.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A post.
(d) His umbrella.
2. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(b) There are too many biting insects.
(c) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(d) Concord is too wild for his taste.
3. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Live at home.
(b) Stay young.
(c) By thinking for herself.
(d) Do not fall in love.
4. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(b) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(c) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(d) He will find new students.
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The weekends.
(b) The lab courses.
(c) Waldo's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
2. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
3. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
4. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)