|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He is a sinner.
(b) He does not consider gardening to be work.
(c) He worships in nature.
(d) God would not mind Henry's work.
2. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
3. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
(a) Go to a Unitarian church.
(b) Go beyond "living" and start "being."
(c) Be kind to others to build good karma.
(d) Go beyond "being" and start "living."
4. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He wants to help the Emersons.
(b) He loves to repair machinery.
(c) He wants to stop thinking.
(d) He likes to work with his hands.
5. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Quit as constable.
(b) Serve him the bill.
(c) Put himself in jail.
(d) Not to serve him the bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
2. For what does Henry propose to work?
3. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
4. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
5. To what does Henry compare time?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)