|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she loves him.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He knows she likes John.
(d) He knows that John likes her very much.
2. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(b) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(c) He becomes nervous.
(d) He tends to fall asleep.
3. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Civil War.
(b) The scale of the Mexican War.
(c) The scale of the American Revolution.
(d) A small scale.
4. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
5. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
(a) Henry answers with several of the different jobs he has done.
(b) Henry tells him he is a protester.
(c) Henry tells him he is a carpenter.
(d) Henry answers that he is a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
2. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
5. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)