|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(b) So he will stay in jail.
(c) So that he will not write books.
(d) So he will get sympathy.
2. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Not to serve him the bill.
(b) Put himself in jail.
(c) Quit as constable.
(d) Serve him the bill.
3. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with him.
(b) Go to church with John.
(c) Marry John.
(d) Marry him.
4. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A boat ride.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A swim.
(d) A walk.
5. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
(a) To suggest old age.
(b) The lights are broken.
(c) To suggest a dream.
(d) To suggest winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Sam mark?
2. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
3. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
5. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)