|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would dive to earth.
(b) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(c) They would run into one another in the air.
(d) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
2. Why does Ellen not marry John?
(a) She is too young.
(b) Her father objects.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She loves Henry.
3. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The people outside.
(c) The birds on the clock tower.
(d) The jailer.
4. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) John Thoreau.
(c) Edward Emerson.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
5. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He worships in nature.
(b) He is a sinner.
(c) God would not mind Henry's work.
(d) He does not consider gardening to be work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
2. To what does Henry compare time?
3. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
4. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
5. In what town is the play set?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)