|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(a) Talking to Sam.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Practicing writing his name.
2. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Edward Emerson.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) John Thoreau.
3. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not approve of its actions.
(b) He is not an American.
(c) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(d) He does not like the United States.
4. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Breaking and entering.
(b) Murdering his neighbor.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Robbing a store.
5. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is younger than any of the other students.
(c) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(d) She is staring at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare time?
2. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
3. Who will be Henry's protege?
4. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)