|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
(a) Reprimand him.
(b) Cancel his courses.
(c) Report him to the School Committee.
(d) Fire him.
2. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) Long Island Sound.
(c) A school.
(d) A jail cell in the center of the stage.
3. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
(a) Not to serve him the bill.
(b) Serve him the bill.
(c) Quit as constable.
(d) Put himself in jail.
4. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(b) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
(c) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(d) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
5. For what does Henry propose to work?
(a) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
(b) A small Salary.
(d) A small garden in the back property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
2. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
3. In what town is the play set?
4. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
5. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)