|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding plants with manure.
(b) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(c) He has been feeding his face.
(d) He has been feeding the birds.
2. What occupation does Sam mark?
3. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
(a) Henry tells him not to struggle with the water.
(b) Henry tells him to take lessons.
(c) Henry tells him to plug his nose when he jumps in.
(d) Henry tells him to avoid the ocean.
4. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(b) So he will stay in jail.
(c) So he will get sympathy.
(d) So that he will not write books.
5. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To babysit their son.
(b) To make their home a green home.
(c) To clean their home for them.
(d) To be a tutor for their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
2. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
3. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
4. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
5. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)