|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be Henry's protege?
2. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(b) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(c) He will find new students.
(d) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
3. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(a) Their teacher.
(d) The books.
4. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He likes to work with his hands.
(b) He wants to stop thinking.
(c) He wants to help the Emersons.
(d) He loves to repair machinery.
5. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) A small scale.
(b) The scale of the Mexican War.
(c) The scale of the American Revolution.
(d) The scale of the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
2. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
3. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
4. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)