|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
(a) East Hampton, New York.
(b) Concord, Massachusetts.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
2. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(b) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(c) Henry quitting his job.
(d) Henry proposes they start their own school.
3. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) There is "not someone" with him.
(b) He has "not done something."
(c) His father is dead.
(d) He does not know what happened to John.
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A shadow.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) His overcoat.
(d) A post.
5. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
(a) Reprimand him.
(b) Cancel his courses.
(c) Report him to the School Committee.
(d) Fire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry live?
2. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
3. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
4. For what does Henry propose to work?
5. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)