|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
(a) To babysit their son.
(b) To make their home a green home.
(c) To be a tutor for their son.
(d) To clean their home for them.
2. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Read as many books as possible.
(b) Write books.
(c) Find books instead of the other way around.
(d) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
3. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) His father is dead.
(b) There is "not someone" with him.
(c) He has "not done something."
(d) He does not know what happened to John.
4. For what does Henry propose to work?
(b) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
(c) A small garden in the back property.
(d) A small Salary.
5. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Cancel his courses.
(c) Reprimand him.
(d) Report him to the School Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
2. What occupation does Sam mark?
3. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
4. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
5. Why does Ellen not marry John?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)