|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
(a) Having a Transcendentalist repairperson.
(b) Having an odd repairperson.
(c) Having a outspoken repairperson.
(d) Having a Harvard-educated repairperson.
2. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) For trips to town for supplies.
(b) To see his family.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) To visit friends.
3. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(b) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(c) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
(d) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
(a) They need to give him a list.
(b) Let him know what they need.
(c) He will only do certain things.
(d) The things that need doing will tell him about it.
5. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A walk.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A boat ride.
(d) A swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
2. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
3. Where does Henry live?
4. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
5. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)