|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(b) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(c) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
(d) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
2. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(b) Henry quitting his job.
(c) Henry proposes they start their own school.
(d) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
3. Who will be Henry's protege?
4. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Murdering his neighbor.
(b) Robbing a store.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Burning down a barn.
5. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
(b) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
(c) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
(d) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
2. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
3. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
4. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)