|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Edward Emerson.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) John Thoreau.
2. To what does Henry compare time?
(a) To sand.
(b) To a river.
(c) To the sun.
(d) To a road.
3. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His friend, Waldo.
(b) His cellmate, Bailey.
(c) His brother, John.
(d) The guard, Sam.
4. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the American Revolution.
(b) The scale of the Civil War.
(c) A small scale.
(d) The scale of the Mexican War.
5. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The people outside.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The birds on the clock tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
2. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
3. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
4. Where does Henry live?
5. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)