|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
2. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
(a) Henry teaches him how to read and write his name.
(b) Henry teaches him mathematics.
(c) Henry teaches him about Transcendentalism.
(d) Henry teaches him how to play the flute.
3. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He loves to repair machinery.
(b) He likes to work with his hands.
(c) He wants to stop thinking.
(d) He wants to help the Emersons.
4. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
(a) Matters of theology should be left to religious leaders.
(b) The students do not address him as "Sir."
(c) He is not following the curriculum.
(d) There are girls in the course.
5. Where does Henry live?
(a) By Walden Pond.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Downtown Concord.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
2. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
3. Who will be Henry's protege?
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
5. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)