|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry takes off one shoe.
(b) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(c) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
2. Where does Henry live?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Downtown Concord.
(c) By the ocean.
(d) By Walden Pond.
3. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is younger than any of the other students.
(c) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(d) She is staring at him.
4. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He is not an American.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He does not approve of its actions.
(d) He does not like the United States.
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A beautiful flower.
(b) An ant hill.
(c) A new species of bee.
(d) A species he has not seen in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
2. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
3. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
4. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
5. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)