|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
(a) Go beyond "living" and start "being."
(b) Go to a Unitarian church.
(c) Be kind to others to build good karma.
(d) Go beyond "being" and start "living."
2. Who will be Henry's protege?
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) The members of his congregation.
(b) College professors.
(c) His students.
(d) Roman emperors.
4. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Emulate him.
(b) Go to class.
(c) Stay inside buildings.
(d) Listen to their parents.
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(b) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
(c) The air and gets drunk from nature.
(d) Water and gets drunk on love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
2. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
3. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
4. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)