|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Practicing writing his name.
(d) Talking to Sam.
2. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
(b) Waldo and Henry's looks.
(c) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(d) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
(b) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(c) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(d) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
4. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To see his family.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) For trips to town for supplies.
(d) To go swimming.
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry takes off one shoe.
(b) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(c) Henry is stumbling around.
(d) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
2. Who will be Henry's protege?
3. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
4. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
5. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)