|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will find new students.
(b) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(c) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(d) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
2. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with him.
(b) Marry John.
(c) Go to church with John.
(d) Marry him.
3. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He gives a derisive snort.
(b) He cries.
(c) He gives a shout of joy.
(d) He laughs.
4. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He wants to be paid in kind.
(b) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(c) He want to negotiate a salary.
(d) He readily accepts his offer.
5. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
(b) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
(c) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(d) Waldo and Henry's looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
2. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
3. To what does Henry compare time?
4. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
5. What is Transcendentalism?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)