|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
2. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) There are too many biting insects.
(b) Concord is too wild for his taste.
(c) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(d) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
3. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
4. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) He does not need any money.
(b) He will work for room and board.
(c) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
(d) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
5. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It will get you out of jail faster.
(b) It can suffocate you.
(c) It is the right thing to do.
(d) It is safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
2. Why is Bailey in jail?
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)