|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
2. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The people outside.
(d) The birds on the clock tower.
3. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(b) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(c) Henry takes off one shoe.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
(a) The things that need doing will tell him about it.
(b) Let him know what they need.
(c) He will only do certain things.
(d) They need to give him a list.
5. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
2. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
3. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
4. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
5. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)