|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) What has happened to John.
(b) Where his father is.
(c) What he has done.
(d) Who is with him.
2. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(c) She is younger than any of the other students.
(d) She is staring at him.
3. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
4. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(b) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
(c) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(d) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
5. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She says she loves him.
(b) She comforts him.
(c) She weeps over John's coffin.
(d) She actually understands Transcendentalism
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
2. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
3. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
4. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
5. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)