|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The weekends.
(b) Waldo's lectures.
(d) The lab courses.
2. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
(b) He does not need any money.
(c) He will work for room and board.
(d) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
3. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
(a) Henry tells him to plug his nose when he jumps in.
(b) Henry tells him to take lessons.
(c) Henry tells him to avoid the ocean.
(d) Henry tells him not to struggle with the water.
4. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She says she loves him.
(b) She actually understands Transcendentalism
(c) She comforts him.
(d) She weeps over John's coffin.
5. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) The constable.
(c) The keys.
(d) A drunk staggering around.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Henry compare time?
2. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
5. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)