|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Marry John.
(c) Go to church with John.
(d) Go to church with him.
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) An old college professor.
(b) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) A Unitarian preacher.
3. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He knows she loves him.
(b) He knows she likes John.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He knows that John likes her very much.
4. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(b) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(c) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(d) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
5. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He wants to stop thinking.
(b) He likes to work with his hands.
(c) He wants to help the Emersons.
(d) He loves to repair machinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
2. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
3. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
4. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
5. On what do John and Henry then agree?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)