|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) Where his father is.
(b) Who is with him.
(c) What he has done.
(d) What has happened to John.
2. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A species he has not seen in the area.
(b) A beautiful flower.
(c) A new species of bee.
(d) An ant hill.
3. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) A shadow.
(d) His umbrella.
4. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Follow the yellow brick road."
(b) "Be free to be yourself."
(c) "Follow your own path."
(d) "Cast conformity behind you."
5. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He is not an American.
(b) He does not like the United States.
(c) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(d) He does not approve of its actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
2. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
3. In what town is the play set?
4. To what does Henry compare time?
5. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)