|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) By thinking for herself.
(b) Do not fall in love.
(c) Stay young.
(d) Live at home.
2. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) His students.
(b) College professors.
(c) Roman emperors.
(d) The members of his congregation.
3. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
(a) He dies wealthy and a poet.
(b) He never earns a fortune.
(c) He dies with a huge fortune and no poems.
(d) He dies on his way to India.
4. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Go to church with John.
(d) Marry John.
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A new species of bee.
(b) A beautiful flower.
(c) A species he has not seen in the area.
(d) An ant hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
2. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
3. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
4. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
5. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)