|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's looks.
(b) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
(c) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(d) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
2. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
(a) To suggest old age.
(b) To suggest winter.
(c) The lights are broken.
(d) To suggest a dream.
3. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) A school.
(c) A jail cell in the center of the stage.
(d) Long Island Sound.
4. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
(a) Henry tells him he is a carpenter.
(b) Henry tells him he is a protester.
(c) Henry answers with several of the different jobs he has done.
(d) Henry answers that he is a writer.
5. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) Taxes do not help the people.
(c) He hates paying taxes.
(d) The government is corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry live?
2. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
5. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)