|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and older brother.
(b) Their father and mother.
(c) Their parents and uncle.
(d) Their parents and aunt.
2. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(b) They want many wives.
(c) They both like Ellen.
(d) They are considering creating their own cult.
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) College professors.
(b) Roman emperors.
(c) His students.
(d) The members of his congregation.
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Stay young.
(b) By thinking for herself.
(c) Live at home.
(d) Do not fall in love.
5. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He becomes nervous.
(b) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(c) He tends to fall asleep.
(d) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
2. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
3. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
4. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
5. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)