|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A boat ride.
(c) A walk.
(d) A swim.
2. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Burning down a barn.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Robbing a store.
(d) Murdering his neighbor.
3. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
(a) Having a outspoken repairperson.
(b) Having an odd repairperson.
(c) Having a Harvard-educated repairperson.
(d) Having a Transcendentalist repairperson.
4. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
(b) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(c) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(d) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
5. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) People work during the best part of their lives so they can relax during their declining years.
(c) He does not want to think about growing old.
(d) People do not take as many years of retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
2. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
3. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
4. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)