|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
(a) He is afraid she will cringe.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) Out of a sense of propriety.
(d) He does not like her.
2. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To go swimming.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To see his family.
(d) For trips to town for supplies.
3. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
(a) Henry's private school education.
(b) Henry's nature.
(c) Henry's desire to be isolated.
(d) Henry's Harvard education.
4. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposes they start their own school.
(b) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(c) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(d) Henry quitting his job.
5. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A species he has not seen in the area.
(b) An ant hill.
(c) A beautiful flower.
(d) A new species of bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
2. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)