|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not approve of its actions.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He does not like the United States.
(d) He is not an American.
2. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
(b) He is caught in the tornado.
(c) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(d) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
3. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
(b) A flute.
(c) A Bible.
(d) The water.
4. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Mexican War.
(b) The scale of the American Revolution.
(c) A small scale.
(d) The scale of the Civil War.
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(b) Henry takes off one shoe.
(c) Henry is stumbling around.
(d) Henry is arguing with the constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
2. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
3. Henry reacts violently against Lydian's idea. What does he do?
4. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)