|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) He will work for room and board.
(b) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
(c) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
(d) He does not need any money.
2. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would dive to earth.
(b) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(c) They would run into one another in the air.
(d) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
3. What has brought violence to Concord?
(a) Williams' shooting.
(b) Henry's jail time.
(c) The upset citizens of Concord.
(d) Waldo's speeches.
4. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
(a) The war in Mexico has begun.
(b) Henry's mother will bail him out.
(c) The war in Mexico has ended.
(d) The telegraph line to Texas has been finished.
5. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
3. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
4. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
5. What does Henry think about lawyers?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)