|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding the birds.
(b) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(c) He has been feeding his face.
(d) He has been feeding plants with manure.
2. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
(a) Find someone who cares.
(b) Sell your soul to the devil, then you will have a good lawyer.
(c) He is born in a more liberal age, or that he try prayer.
(d) Make a run for it.
3. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels discouraged and powerless.
(c) He feels somewhat relieved.
(d) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
4. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as an American soldier.
(b) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
(d) Dressed as a slave.
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) Her father does not want her in the school.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) She has not paid tuition.
(d) She is the only girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
2. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
3. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
4. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
5. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)