|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
(a) He tells him that he must leave.
(b) He tells him he will have to speak with the judge.
(c) He tells him it's his choice if he stays.
(d) He tells him that he may stay with Bailey.
2. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
(a) He is shot and wounded.
(b) Waldo tells him to stop talking.
(c) No sound comes from his mouth.
(d) A loud noise covers his words.
3. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
(a) He insists violence is not always the answer.
(b) He insists Waldo should stop violence.
(c) He insists Waldo start a war.
(d) He insists violence is the only solution.
4. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(a) Planting in his garden.
(d) Playing a flute.
5. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He calls for his father.
(b) He shoots Williams.
(c) He finds a berry patch.
(d) He falls wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
2. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
3. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
4. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
5. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)