|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(b) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(c) Henry takes off one shoe.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
2. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
(a) A jail cell in the center of the stage.
(b) Walden Pond.
(c) A school.
(d) Long Island Sound.
3. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He hides.
(b) He refuses to leave Henry.
(c) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
(d) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
4. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
(a) Tells her that he loves berries.
(b) Tells her to make a pie.
(c) Tells her how wonderful his day was.
(d) Tells her that he wants Henry to be his father.
5. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He likes to work with his hands.
(b) He wants to stop thinking.
(c) He wants to help the Emersons.
(d) He loves to repair machinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
2. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
3. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
4. What does Henry give Williams?
5. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)