|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
(a) He is not following the curriculum.
(b) There are girls in the course.
(c) The students do not address him as "Sir."
(d) Matters of theology should be left to religious leaders.
2. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He tends to fall asleep.
(b) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(c) He becomes nervous.
(d) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
3. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) She is the only girl.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) She has not paid tuition.
(d) Her father does not want her in the school.
4. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
(a) Run for their lives.
(b) Form a line and start firing.
(c) Duck and cover.
(d) Build a trench.
5. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His brother, John.
(b) His cellmate, Bailey.
(c) His friend, Waldo.
(d) The guard, Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
2. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
3. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
4. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)