|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is irritated by him.
(b) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(c) He hates being in jail with him.
(d) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
2. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
(a) Go beyond "being" and start "living."
(b) Go beyond "living" and start "being."
(c) Go to a Unitarian church.
(d) Be kind to others to build good karma.
3. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His friend, Waldo.
(b) The guard, Sam.
(c) His brother, John.
(d) His cellmate, Bailey.
4. What name does Williams adopts?
(a) Henry Williams.
(b) Williams Henry.
(c) Walden Williams.
(d) Williams Thoreau.
5. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) John is shot.
(b) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
(c) Waldo is shot.
(d) Edward is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
2. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
3. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
4. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
5. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)