|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
(a) He tells Sam to let Bailey go instead.
(b) He ties himself to the bed.
(c) He insists on staying until Bailey goes to trial or is released.
(d) He threatens Sam's life.
2. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
(a) Make a run for it.
(b) Sell your soul to the devil, then you will have a good lawyer.
(c) He is born in a more liberal age, or that he try prayer.
(d) Find someone who cares.
3. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Do not fall in love.
(b) Stay young.
(c) By thinking for herself.
(d) Live at home.
4. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
(a) Henry tells him to run for mayor.
(b) Henry tells him to join him in jail.
(c) Henry tells him to start his own war.
(d) Henry tells him to speak out against the war.
5. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
(a) His fame and influence.
(b) His wonderful manner of speaking.
(c) His wife's influence.
(d) A change in philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
2. Where must Waldo go to speak out against injustice?
3. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
4. What does Henry assure Williams?
5. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)