|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
(a) A "walking ethic."
(b) A "man of his word."
(c) A "living, breathing prophet."
(d) A "living Transcendentalist."
2. What name does Williams adopts?
(a) Henry Williams.
(b) Williams Thoreau.
(c) Walden Williams.
(d) Williams Henry.
3. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
(a) When she asks if he is lonely, he turns the question back on her.
(b) When she sees the gift he made her.
(c) When Henry asks her to marry him.
(d) When Edward says he wants Henry to be is father.
4. Where does Henry live?
(a) Downtown Concord.
(b) By Walden Pond.
(c) On the beach.
(d) By the ocean.
5. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
(a) The war in Mexico has ended.
(b) The telegraph line to Texas has been finished.
(c) The war in Mexico has begun.
(d) Henry's mother will bail him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scene restart?
2. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
3. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
4. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
5. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)