|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
(b) His father's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His mother's.
2. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(c) Planting in his garden.
(d) Playing a flute.
3. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
(a) He does not know what happened to John.
(b) His father is dead.
(c) He has "not done something."
(d) There is "not someone" with him.
4. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) The people outside.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The birds on the clock tower.
(d) Bailey, his cellmate.
5. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(b) Henry proposes they start their own school.
(c) Henry quitting his job.
(d) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
2. What has Henry made for the chickens?
3. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
4. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)