|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
(a) People do not take as many years of retirement.
(b) People work during the best part of their lives so they can relax during their declining years.
(c) He is a workaholic.
(d) He does not want to think about growing old.
2. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
(a) Henry tells him he is a protester.
(b) Henry tells him he is a carpenter.
(c) Henry answers with several of the different jobs he has done.
(d) Henry answers that he is a writer.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) He likes Mexico.
(c) He does not like taxes.
(d) To do so would make him a murderer.
4. What is happening to Henry in this scene?
(a) He has sold his soul to the devil.
(b) He and Bailey are caught in a fire.
(c) His nightmare of the war is being enacted.
(d) He is caught in the tornado.
5. What has Henry made for the chickens?
(a) Gloves to keep them from scratching up Lydian's roses.
(b) A new nest for their eggs, so they do not roost in Lydian's roses.
(c) A chicken coop, so they stay out of Lydian's roses.
(d) A place to be fed, so they stay out of Lydians's roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
2. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
5. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)