|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(b) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
(c) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(d) A "mixture of love and devotion."
2. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) An ant hill.
(b) A species he has not seen in the area.
(c) A new species of bee.
(d) A beautiful flower.
3. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
4. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
(b) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(c) Water and gets drunk on love.
(d) The air and gets drunk from nature.
5. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
(a) Matters of theology should be left to religious leaders.
(b) He is not following the curriculum.
(c) There are girls in the course.
(d) The students do not address him as "Sir."
Short Answer Questions
1. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
2. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
3. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
4. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
5. What has Henry made for the chickens?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)