|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
(a) She wishes Henry had not introduced her to John.
(b) She wishes Henry would help John get over her.
(c) She wishes Henry had proposed instead of John.
(d) She wishes Henry would have proposed so that she could refuse him also.
2. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
3. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
(a) It protects Americans from one another.
(b) It ensures that change happens peacefully and at the right pace.
(c) It has failed the American citizens and must be thrown out.
(d) It benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
4. What has brought violence to Concord?
(a) Williams' shooting.
(b) Henry's jail time.
(c) Waldo's speeches.
(d) The upset citizens of Concord.
5. What pleases Henry about Williams?
(a) Williams is a kind man.
(b) Williams is going back into slavery.
(c) Williams tells him of his desire to escape slavery.
(d) Williams will be staying at Walden Pond to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
2. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
3. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
4. About what is Henry's poem/prayer?
5. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)