|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To see his family.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) For trips to town for supplies.
2. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He wants to be paid in kind.
(b) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(c) He want to negotiate a salary.
(d) He readily accepts his offer.
3. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) He will not become more strange.
(b) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
(c) He will straighten out.
(d) Henry's children will not be strange.
4. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Murdering his neighbor.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Robbing a store.
(d) Burning down a barn.
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
(b) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(c) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
(d) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
2. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
3. Who will be Henry's protege?
4. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
5. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)