|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(b) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
(c) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
(d) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
2. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Read as many books as possible.
(b) Write books.
(c) Find books instead of the other way around.
(d) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
3. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Robbing a store.
(b) Burning down a barn.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Murdering his neighbor.
4. What does Ellen wish about Henry?
(a) She wishes Henry would have proposed so that she could refuse him also.
(b) She wishes Henry had proposed instead of John.
(c) She wishes Henry would help John get over her.
(d) She wishes Henry had not introduced her to John.
5. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) To see his family.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) For trips to town for supplies.
(d) To visit friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
2. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
3. What is Transcendentalism?
4. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
5. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)