|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A new species of bee.
(b) A species he has not seen in the area.
(c) An ant hill.
(d) A beautiful flower.
2. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(b) They would run into one another in the air.
(c) They would dive to earth.
(d) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
3. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is himself.
(b) He is who he has always been.
(c) He has changed.
(d) He is the same.
4. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) The birds on the clock tower.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The people outside.
(d) Bailey, his cellmate.
5. Why does Ellen not marry John?
(a) She is too young.
(b) Her father objects.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She loves Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
3. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
4. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
5. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)