|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Henry propose to work?
(a) A small Salary.
(b) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
(d) A small garden in the back property.
2. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) The keys.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) A drunk staggering around.
(d) The constable.
3. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
(a) Henry's Harvard education.
(b) Henry's desire to be isolated.
(c) Henry's nature.
(d) Henry's private school education.
4. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She comforts him.
(b) She weeps over John's coffin.
(c) She says she loves him.
(d) She actually understands Transcendentalism
5. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
(a) He has been feeding his soul in nature.
(b) He has been feeding his face.
(c) He has been feeding the birds.
(d) He has been feeding plants with manure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
2. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
3. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
4. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
5. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)