|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) An ant hill.
(b) A new species of bee.
(c) A beautiful flower.
(d) A species he has not seen in the area.
2. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(b) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(c) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(d) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
3. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) The keys.
(c) A drunk staggering around.
(d) The constable.
4. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(b) She is younger than any of the other students.
(c) She is staring at him.
(d) She is beautiful.
5. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He likes to work with his hands.
(b) He loves to repair machinery.
(c) He wants to help the Emersons.
(d) He wants to stop thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
2. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
3. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
5. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)