|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He gives a derisive snort.
(c) He gives a shout of joy.
(d) He cries.
2. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(b) He is irritated by him.
(c) He hates being in jail with him.
(d) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
3. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
(a) Waldo and Henry's speeches.
(b) Waldo and Henry's irritability.
(c) Waldo and Henry's looks.
(d) Waldo and Henry's personalites.
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Stay young.
(b) Do not fall in love.
(c) Live at home.
(d) By thinking for herself.
5. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry quitting his job.
(b) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
(c) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(d) Henry proposes they start their own school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
2. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
3. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
4. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
5. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)