|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will find new students.
(b) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(c) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(d) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
2. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) To do so would make him a murderer.
(c) He does not like taxes.
(d) He likes Mexico.
4. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) He will straighten out.
(b) He will not become more strange.
(c) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
(d) Henry's children will not be strange.
5. What does Waldo tell Lydian will be interesting?
(a) Having an odd repairperson.
(b) Having a Harvard-educated repairperson.
(c) Having a outspoken repairperson.
(d) Having a Transcendentalist repairperson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
2. For what does Henry propose to work?
3. Why does Ellen not marry John?
4. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
5. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)