|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
(a) He does not believe John's soul is in heaven.
(b) He does not believe in God.
(c) He is angry with God for taking his brother.
(d) He cannot pray to a God that does not listen.
2. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
(a) Henry tells him to take lessons.
(b) Henry tells him to plug his nose when he jumps in.
(c) Henry tells him not to struggle with the water.
(d) Henry tells him to avoid the ocean.
3. Why will Henry not pay his taxes?
(a) He does not have the money.
(b) He hates paying taxes.
(c) The government is corrupt.
(d) Taxes do not help the people.
4. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
(a) He is not following the curriculum.
(b) The students do not address him as "Sir."
(c) There are girls in the course.
(d) Matters of theology should be left to religious leaders.
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) Her father does not want her in the school.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) She has not paid tuition.
(d) She is the only girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
2. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
3. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
5. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)