|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(b) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(c) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(d) He will find new students.
2. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
(a) People work during the best part of their lives so they can relax during their declining years.
(b) People do not take as many years of retirement.
(c) He does not want to think about growing old.
(d) He is a workaholic.
3. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) He will straighten out.
(b) Henry's children will not be strange.
(c) He will not become more strange.
(d) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
4. What occupation does Sam mark?
5. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
(a) For trips to town for supplies.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) To see his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity between Henry and Waldo do John and Mother note?
2. Why is Deacon Ball, the Chair of the Concord School Committee, shocked at what Henry has been discussing with his class?
3. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
4. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
5. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)