|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Civil War.
(b) The scale of the American Revolution.
(c) A small scale.
(d) The scale of the Mexican War.
2. What occupation does Sam mark?
3. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) His overcoat.
(d) A shadow.
4. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) To do so would make him a murderer.
(b) He does not like taxes.
(c) He likes Mexico.
(d) He does not have the money.
5. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He worships in nature.
(b) He is a sinner.
(c) God would not mind Henry's work.
(d) He does not consider gardening to be work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nightmare of Henry being arrested has come true?
2. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
3. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
4. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)