|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He loves to repair machinery.
(b) He wants to help the Emersons.
(c) He wants to stop thinking.
(d) He likes to work with his hands.
2. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
(a) They need to give him a list.
(b) He will only do certain things.
(c) The things that need doing will tell him about it.
(d) Let him know what they need.
3. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the American Revolution.
(b) A small scale.
(c) The scale of the Civil War.
(d) The scale of the Mexican War.
4. What word does Deacon Ball use incorrectly, which actually means forbidden?
5. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
(a) He is angry with God for taking his brother.
(b) He does not believe in God.
(c) He cannot pray to a God that does not listen.
(d) He does not believe John's soul is in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
2. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
3. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
5. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)