|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bailey in jail?
(a) Breaking and entering.
(b) Robbing a store.
(c) Burning down a barn.
(d) Murdering his neighbor.
2. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) He is angry with God for taking his brother.
(c) He does not believe John's soul is in heaven.
(d) He cannot pray to a God that does not listen.
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) His students.
(b) College professors.
(c) The members of his congregation.
(d) Roman emperors.
4. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
(a) He is a sinner.
(b) God would not mind Henry's work.
(c) He worships in nature.
(d) He does not consider gardening to be work.
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry is stumbling around.
(b) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(c) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(d) Henry takes off one shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
2. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
3. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
4. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)