|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) What he has done.
(b) Who is with him.
(c) Where his father is.
(d) What has happened to John.
2. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He tends to fall asleep.
(b) He becomes nervous.
(c) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(d) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
(a) If they did they would damage and dirty the clouds and the air.
(b) They would run into one another in the air.
(c) They would hurt the birds in the sky.
(d) They would dive to earth.
4. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(b) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(c) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
(d) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
5. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) The guard, Sam.
(b) His cellmate, Bailey.
(c) His friend, Waldo.
(d) His brother, John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
2. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
3. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)