|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Sam mark?
2. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will get sympathy.
(b) So that he will not write books.
(c) So he will stay in jail.
(d) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He does not like taxes.
(b) He does not have the money.
(c) To do so would make him a murderer.
(d) He likes Mexico.
4. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) The guard, Sam.
(b) His friend, Waldo.
(c) His cellmate, Bailey.
(d) His brother, John.
5. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
(a) He is the same.
(b) He has changed.
(c) He is who he has always been.
(d) He is himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
2. What does Henry attempt to explain to Ellen?
3. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
4. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
5. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)