|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is younger than any of the other students.
(b) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is staring at him.
2. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(b) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(c) He will find new students.
(d) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
3. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
(b) They want many wives.
(c) They both like Ellen.
(d) They are considering creating their own cult.
4. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
(b) Find books instead of the other way around.
(c) Read as many books as possible.
(d) Write books.
5. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) Where his father is.
(b) Who is with him.
(c) What has happened to John.
(d) What he has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry propose to work?
2. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
3. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
4. Where does Henry live?
5. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)