|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) Waldo's lectures.
(b) The weekends.
(c) The lab courses.
2. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
(b) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
(c) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
(d) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
3. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) There are too many biting insects.
(b) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(c) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(d) Concord is too wild for his taste.
4. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) His students.
(b) Roman emperors.
(c) College professors.
(d) The members of his congregation.
5. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their father and mother.
(b) Their parents and older brother.
(c) Their parents and aunt.
(d) Their parents and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
2. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
3. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
4. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)