|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A species he has not seen in the area.
(b) A new species of bee.
(c) A beautiful flower.
(d) An ant hill.
2. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) His umbrella.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A post.
(d) His overcoat.
3. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
(a) Neither really understand Transcendentalism.
(b) They are very close.
(c) They are both Transcendentalists.
(d) They do not agree on how Edmund should be raised.
4. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
(a) Henry takes off one shoe.
(b) Henry is sneaking around in the dark.
(c) Henry is arguing with the constable.
(d) Henry is stumbling around.
5. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The lab courses.
(b) Waldo's lectures.
(c) The weekends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
2. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
3. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
4. Why is Bailey in jail?
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)