|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be Henry's protege?
2. To what does Henry compare time?
(a) To the sun.
(b) To sand.
(c) To a river.
(d) To a road.
3. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) The members of his congregation.
(b) His students.
(c) Roman emperors.
(d) College professors.
4. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(b) He urges her to be an individual.
(c) He quizzes her over her notes.
(d) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
5. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Go to class.
(b) Listen to their parents.
(c) Emulate him.
(d) Stay inside buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Sam mark?
2. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
3. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
4. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
5. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)