|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He quizzes her over her notes.
(b) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(c) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(d) He urges her to be an individual.
2. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
3. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His cellmate, Bailey.
(b) The guard, Sam.
(c) His friend, Waldo.
(d) His brother, John.
4. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will stay in jail.
(b) So that he will not write books.
(c) So he will get sympathy.
(d) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
5. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
(a) He hates being in jail with him.
(b) He is delighted to be in jail with an author.
(c) He does not mind being in jail with an author.
(d) He is irritated by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
3. Bailey is impressed and observes that Henry must be a teacher. Why is Bailey impressed with Henry?
4. How does Henry reply when Sam asks him what his occupation is?
5. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)