|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry then urge all his students not to do but to savor their sensations of the world?
(a) Listen to their parents.
(b) Stay inside buildings.
(c) Emulate him.
(d) Go to class.
2. In what town is the play set?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Providence, Rhode Island.
(c) East Hampton, New York.
(d) Concord, Massachusetts.
3. John's cheering of Henry leads to what inspiration?
(a) Henry proposes they start their own school.
(b) Henry quitting his job.
(c) Henry moving away from Walden Pond.
(d) Henry proposing they protest the Mexican War.
4. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(b) He want to negotiate a salary.
(c) He readily accepts his offer.
(d) He wants to be paid in kind.
5. Where does Henry live?
(a) Downtown Concord.
(b) On the beach.
(c) By Walden Pond.
(d) By the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be Henry's protege?
2. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
3. On what do John and Henry then agree?
4. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)