|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
(a) College professors.
(b) Roman emperors.
(c) The members of his congregation.
(d) His students.
2. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
(a) Practicing writing his name.
(c) Talking to Sam.
(d) Reading a book.
3. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
4. Why does Henry make this agreement with Ellen before taking her to shore?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He knows that John likes her very much.
(c) He knows she loves him.
(d) He knows she likes John.
5. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He want to negotiate a salary.
(b) He readily accepts his offer.
(c) He wants to be paid in kind.
(d) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry propose to work?
2. What is Henry's advice when Bailey says he cannot swim?
3. What does Henry offer to Waldo and Lydian?
4. Why does Henry not hug Ellen?
5. Why is Bailey in jail?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)