|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about lawyers?
(a) They are sneaky.
(b) They are mandatory for someone in jail.
(c) They can useful.
(d) They are devils.
2. What does the lighting in this jail cell scene make clear through its frightening blasts of red and other psychedelic colors?
(a) This is the devil's lair.
(b) This is a fire.
(c) This is a dream.
(d) This is a tornado.
3. What does Waldo ask after he accuses Henry of resigning from the human race?
(a) Where do you find such inspiration?
(b) Why do not more people listen to you?
(c) What would happen if everyone did so?
(d) How can I join you?
4. Why does Edward suggest that Henry would be a better father?
(a) His father is often away from the house.
(b) Henry is nicer than his own father.
(c) His father would not play with him like Henry does.
(d) Henry is more fun than his own father.
5. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
(a) Told Sam to let Henry go.
(b) Come to visit.
(c) Paid his tax bill.
(d) Come to console Henry's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
2. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
3. How does the play close?
4. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
5. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)