|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only people married in John and Henry's family?
(a) Their parents and uncle.
(b) Their parents and older brother.
(c) Their father and mother.
(d) Their parents and aunt.
2. How does Sam respond when Henry says he refuses to leave?
(a) He tells him that he must leave.
(b) He tells him he will have to speak with the judge.
(c) He tells him it's his choice if he stays.
(d) He tells him that he may stay with Bailey.
3. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(b) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(c) He will find new students.
(d) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
4. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
5. Where does Henry live?
(a) On the beach.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) By Walden Pond.
(d) Downtown Concord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
2. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
3. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
4. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
5. Why do the townsfolk look strangely at Henry?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)