|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
(a) Playing a flute.
(b) Planting in his garden.
2. What does Henry notice about Ellen?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is staring at him.
(c) She is younger than any of the other students.
(d) She is an older girl and is taking notes.
3. Sam says he cannot make that happen. What does Henry do?
(a) He locks his cell door.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He holds onto Bailey.
(d) He lies on his cot to wait.
4. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
(a) Playing with his brother.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Just eating the pudding his mother made from them.
(d) Staying in the house.
5. How do John and Henry get on the topic of polygamy?
(a) They want many wives.
(b) They are considering creating their own cult.
(c) They both like Ellen.
(d) John notes that Ellen would marry both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
2. What does Henry say Waldo should use to effect change?
3. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
4. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)