|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
(b) Henry's children will not be strange.
(c) He will not become more strange.
(d) He will straighten out.
2. Henry notes that he can feel the sound waves from the clock tower. Who does he say he is freer in jail than?
(a) Bailey, his cellmate.
(b) The people outside.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The birds on the clock tower.
3. What happens as Williams darts offstage?
(a) He says he's running to Walden Pond.
(b) He begins shooting his rifle.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is followed by racist epithets.
4. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
(b) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(c) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(d) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
5. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
(a) he expresses excitement for his escape to Canada.
(b) He expresses happiness for his freedom.
(c) He expresses shock about Williams' capture.
(d) He expresses sympathy about Williams' death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
2. Edward is so pleased. What does he wish?
3. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
4. Why does Henry wail in grief?
5. How does Williams appear?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)