|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The war resumes in full speed with what?
(a) The Mexicans on the run.
(b) Henry leading the fight.
(c) Violent bursts of light and noise.
(d) Waldo leading the army.
2. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It is safer.
(b) It can suffocate you.
(c) It is the right thing to do.
(d) It will get you out of jail faster.
3. Where does Henry live?
(a) On the beach.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) Downtown Concord.
(d) By Walden Pond.
4. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
(a) A desire for more land for Southern slave owners.
(b) Love for the United States and the desire to spread freedom.
(c) Control over other countries.
(d) Money and power.
5. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A shadow.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) A post.
(d) His umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
2. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
3. Henry sits up on his cot, and what is his response to his mother's question?
4. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
5. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)