|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Dressed as an American soldier.
(c) Dressed as a slave.
(d) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
2. As a child what does Henry find berry picking better than?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Just eating the pudding his mother made from them.
(c) Staying in the house.
(d) Playing with his brother.
3. How does Henry feel when he shouts with no response and tries to ring the bell, but no sound emerges?
(a) He feels confused and unsure.
(b) He feels somewhat relieved.
(c) He feels discouraged and powerless.
(d) He feels frustrated, yet determined.
4. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
(a) Go to church with John.
(b) Go to church with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Marry John.
5. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(b) He will find new students.
(c) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(d) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
2. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
3. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
4. What occupation does Sam mark?
5. Why is Bailey in jail?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)