|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He loves to repair machinery.
(b) He likes to work with his hands.
(c) He wants to stop thinking.
(d) He wants to help the Emersons.
2. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
(a) He is a free man in New York.
(b) He lives in Canada.
(c) He has been shot at the border.
(d) He is sent back into slavery.
3. What happens to Edward during this scene?
(a) He falls wounded.
(b) He calls for his father.
(c) He finds a berry patch.
(d) He shoots Williams.
4. What does Williams want to call himself?
(a) Mr. Henry's Williams.
(b) Williams at Waldon Pond.
(c) Mr. Henry's Slave Williams.
(d) Walden's Williams.
5. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
(a) She urges him to get married.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She urges him to stay with them.
(d) She hugs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry object violently to this name?
2. Who will be Henry's protege?
3. What does Henry think about lawyers?
4. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
5. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)