|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has brought violence to Concord?
(a) Williams' shooting.
(b) Waldo's speeches.
(c) Henry's jail time.
(d) The upset citizens of Concord.
2. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Follow the yellow brick road."
(b) "Cast conformity behind you."
(c) "Be free to be yourself."
(d) "Follow your own path."
3. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
(a) He has chosen to live outside of society and has married his bean patch.
(b) He loves the whimsy of the outdoors and chose to marry it.
(c) He has no money for a nicer home.
(d) He inherited the property from his father.
4. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(b) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(c) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(d) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
5. If more people were willing to go to jail to protest the government, they could effect change on what scale?
(a) The scale of the Civil War.
(b) The scale of the Mexican War.
(c) The scale of the American Revolution.
(d) A small scale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
2. On what do John and Henry then agree?
3. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
4. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
5. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)