|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
(a) He will not become more strange.
(b) He will straighten out.
(c) John will turn out not to be strange as well.
(d) Henry's children will not be strange.
2. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
(a) He lives in Canada.
(b) He has been shot at the border.
(c) He is a free man in New York.
(d) He is sent back into slavery.
3. Where does Henry live?
(a) On the beach.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) By Walden Pond.
(d) Downtown Concord.
4. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) Waldo is shot.
(b) Edward is shot.
(c) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
(d) John is shot.
5. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
(b) He will work for room and board.
(c) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
(d) He does not need any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
2. What is Transcendentalism?
3. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
4. Sam brings him breakfast, and tells Henry what?
5. Who does Waldo say "were trying to buy popularity?"
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)