|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Get another job.
(c) He should leave.
(d) Stay with them.
2. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
(a) He is confident in his aquittal.
(b) He is fairly calm.
(c) He is a little worried.
(d) He is clearly panicked.
3. When does Henry comfort Edward with the knowledge that he has now planted new Huckleberry plants?
(a) Edward spills his full basket of berries.
(b) Edward cannot find any berries.
(c) Edward eats some of the berries.
(d) Edward has dropped a few berries.
4. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Read as many books as possible.
(b) Write books.
(c) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
(d) Find books instead of the other way around.
5. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Someone has paid his taxes.
(b) Sam is allowing him to escape.
(c) The charges have been dropped.
(d) Waldo has payed his bail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Williams asks why he lives in slave-like poverty?
2. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
3. Where does Henry advice him to go?
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
5. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)