|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(b) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(c) He quizzes her over her notes.
(d) He urges her to be an individual.
2. Why is Henry seized with a new feeling of love for Ellen?
(a) She says she loves him.
(b) She weeps over John's coffin.
(c) She actually understands Transcendentalism
(d) She comforts him.
3. What choice is Henry describing to Bailey?
(a) The choice to listen to those around him or follow his heart.
(b) The choice he has made between paying his taxes and asserting his independence.
(c) The choice to marry Ellen or allow his brother to.
(d) The choice to stay in jail or attempt a mistake.
4. How does the play close?
(a) Henry leaves and goes back to his life by Walden Pond.
(b) Henry is sitting on his cot by Bailey.
(c) Henry experiencing new strength and striding confidently off stage.
(d) Henry refuses to leave.
5. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
(b) There are too many biting insects.
(c) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(d) Concord is too wild for his taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
2. Why is Bailey in jail?
3. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
4. What does Williams do when he sees Henry?
5. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)