|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Providence, Rhode Island.
(c) East Hampton, New York.
(d) Concord, Massachusetts.
2. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It will get you out of jail faster.
(b) It is safer.
(c) It can suffocate you.
(d) It is the right thing to do.
3. How does Henry describe berry picking?
(a) Huckleberry hunting.
(b) Berry berry, quite contrary.
(c) Berry patch hunting.
(d) Huckleberry Finn hunting.
4. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
5. On what do John and Henry then agree?
(a) They will begin their cult and marry as many women as possible.
(b) They will both get married as soon as possible to forget about Ellen.
(c) They will remain celibate until they are 90 and 92 years old, at which time they will both pursue Ellen.
(d) They will stay celibate for the rest of their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
2. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
3. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
5. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)