|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waldo assert about the "majority rules" form of government?
(a) It has failed the American citizens and must be thrown out.
(b) It protects Americans from one another.
(c) It benefits the rich and hurts the poor.
(d) It ensures that change happens peacefully and at the right pace.
2. About what is Henry's soliloquy?
3. For what does Henry propose to work?
(b) A piece of Waldo's property in the woods, so that he can conduct an "experiment."
(c) A small garden in the back property.
(d) A small Salary.
4. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(b) So he will stay in jail.
(c) So that he will not write books.
(d) So he will get sympathy.
5. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(b) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(c) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
(d) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
2. Waldo marvels at Henry, and expresses his own admiration for Henry's beliefs. How does he refer to Henry?
3. Ball notes that it is a sin to work on Sundays, and what does John note about Henry?
4. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
5. What does Lydian suggest that Henry do while Waldo is away in England?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)