|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
(b) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(c) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
(d) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
2. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
(a) Stay young.
(b) Do not fall in love.
(c) By thinking for herself.
(d) Live at home.
3. Why does Henry say that he cannot pray for John's soul?
(a) He is angry with God for taking his brother.
(b) He cannot pray to a God that does not listen.
(c) He does not believe John's soul is in heaven.
(d) He does not believe in God.
4. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
(a) The keys.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) A drunk staggering around.
(d) The constable.
5. In another area of the stage, Henry's mother is visibly upset. What does she ask Henry?
(a) What has happened to John.
(b) Who is with him.
(c) What he has done.
(d) Where his father is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
2. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
3. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
4. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
5. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)