|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
(a) Tells her that he wants Henry to be his father.
(b) Tells her how wonderful his day was.
(c) Tells her to make a pie.
(d) Tells her that he loves berries.
2. What is the setting for the beginning of the play?
(a) Walden Pond.
(b) A school.
(c) A jail cell in the center of the stage.
(d) Long Island Sound.
3. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
(a) Follow his own path.
(b) Get married.
(c) Learn to conform.
(d) Forgive Waldo.
4. What does Henry tell Bailey he drinks?
(a) Juice and gets drunk from the wilderness.
(b) The air and gets drunk from nature.
(c) Milk and gets drunk on exercising.
(d) Water and gets drunk on love.
5. What does Henry note that people must do, regarding books?
(a) Be picky when choosing a book to read.
(b) Read as many books as possible.
(c) Write books.
(d) Find books instead of the other way around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry and Lydian briefly discuss love and loneliness. What comes between them?
2. How does Henry react when Waldo tells him they need to work within the laws to fight the war?
3. What happens to the man, in Waldo's story, who goes to India to earn a fortune, so he can retire a poet?
4. How is Bailey feeling about his trial?
5. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)