|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry give Williams?
(a) Some bread.
(c) A book.
(d) A bed.
2. Why does Henry offer to work for 10 cents a week?
(a) He does not need any money.
(b) He will work for room and board.
(c) Without a salary, he will be free of obligations.
(d) He knows the Emerson's do not have a lot of money.
3. Upon what does Henry lament, regarding the environment?
(a) There are too many biting insects.
(b) Concord is too wild for his taste.
(c) He would like to live in a more tropical environment.
(d) The fact that humanity has done so much damage to the environment.
4. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He tends to fall asleep.
(b) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(c) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(d) He becomes nervous.
5. Where does Henry live?
(a) By the ocean.
(b) By Walden Pond.
(c) Downtown Concord.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edward is a young drummer boy, and Sam Staples is a Sergeant. What does Bailey become?
2. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
3. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
4. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
5. To what are men slaves, according to Henry?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)