|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Be free to be yourself."
(b) "Follow your own path."
(c) "Cast conformity behind you."
(d) "Follow the yellow brick road."
2. What happens when Henry urges him to run away?
(a) He hides.
(b) All the soldiers start to shoot at him.
(c) He refuses to leave, so he may fight in the battle.
(d) He refuses to leave Henry.
3. What has Henry made for the chickens?
(a) A chicken coop, so they stay out of Lydian's roses.
(b) A new nest for their eggs, so they do not roost in Lydian's roses.
(c) Gloves to keep them from scratching up Lydian's roses.
(d) A place to be fed, so they stay out of Lydians's roses.
4. What does Henry discover as he is busily pointing out different species of grass?
(a) A beautiful flower.
(b) A species he has not seen in the area.
(c) An ant hill.
(d) A new species of bee.
5. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
(a) Go beyond "being" and start "living."
(b) Be kind to others to build good karma.
(c) Go to a Unitarian church.
(d) Go beyond "living" and start "being."
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Williams adopts?
2. Mother again laments Henry's strangeness, and what does she hope?
3. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
4. What does Henry assure Williams?
5. When does all action on stage stop?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)