|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
(a) A Bible.
(c) The water.
(d) A flute.
2. What does Henry suggest to Bailey?
(a) Find someone who cares.
(b) Sell your soul to the devil, then you will have a good lawyer.
(c) Make a run for it.
(d) He is born in a more liberal age, or that he try prayer.
3. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Sam is allowing him to escape.
(b) Waldo has payed his bail.
(c) The charges have been dropped.
(d) Someone has paid his taxes.
4. What does Henry believe is the motivation for the war in Mexico?
(a) Money and power.
(b) A desire for more land for Southern slave owners.
(c) Love for the United States and the desire to spread freedom.
(d) Control over other countries.
5. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(b) Their teacher.
(d) The books.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Ellen about Transcendentalism, what does he invite her to do?
2. What is Henry doing when Williams, an escaped slave, appears?
3. Why does Henry note that it is good that men do not know how to fly?
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
5. When Henry refuses to assault the enemy, how does his mother respond?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)