|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Henry now leave the jail?
(a) Someone has paid his taxes.
(b) The charges have been dropped.
(c) Sam is allowing him to escape.
(d) Waldo has payed his bail.
2. What do both Henry and Waldo do simultaneously?
(a) Henry teaches new courses and Waldo speaks at a different Unitarian Church.
(b) Henry resigns from teaching, as Waldo resigns as a Unitarian Minister.
(c) Henry tells his students he must follow the curriculum, as Waldo tells the congregation he will preach to the Unitarian principles.
(d) Henry argues with Ball, as Waldo argues with his wife.
3. What words of Waldo's does Henry repeat like a mantra?
(a) "Cast conformity behind you."
(b) "Follow your own path."
(c) "Follow the yellow brick road."
(d) "Be free to be yourself."
4. What does Henry do when he catches Ellen writing notes once again?
(a) He urges her to put the notes on note cards.
(b) He tells her to continue the hard work.
(c) He urges her to be an individual.
(d) He quizzes her over her notes.
5. How does Waldo respond when Ball asks him about listening to another clergyman?
(a) He tends to fall asleep.
(b) He gets good sermon ideas from other clergymen.
(c) He is always glad when the sermon is over.
(d) He becomes nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the play set?
2. When is there sexual tension between Lydian and Henry?
3. How does Bailey feel about being in jail with Henry?
4. Who will be Henry's protege?
5. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)