|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bailey ask to be his lawyer?
2. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
3. For what does Henry invite Ellen?
(a) A boat ride.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A walk.
(d) A swim.
4. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
(a) Build a trench.
(b) Duck and cover.
(c) Run for their lives.
(d) Form a line and start firing.
5. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(b) He considers Lydian a wife.
(c) He is not interested in any of them.
(d) He already is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ball tells Henry that they have been feeding their souls. How does Henry reply?
2. According to Henry, why is the government afraid of the choice he has made?
3. How does Henry change his tactics with Sam?
4. What do Henry and Bailey see outside the window of the cell?
5. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)