|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) The weekends.
(c) Waldo's lectures.
(d) The lab courses.
2. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will find new students.
(b) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(c) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(d) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
3. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
(a) Lydian hears it at the market and tells Waldo.
(b) Lydian brings Waldo a note.
(c) Waldo hears the news from a neighbor.
(d) Waldo wonders where Henry is and ends up at the jail.
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) A shadow.
(d) His umbrella.
5. What does Sergeant Sam urge the troops to do?
(a) Form a line and start firing.
(b) Duck and cover.
(c) Build a trench.
(d) Run for their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry objects to Waldo not appearing. How does Lydian feel?
2. When does all action on stage stop?
3. What does the audience learn about Williams once he leaves Walden Pond?
4. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
5. Lydian accuses him of trying to make Waldo something he is not, and urges Henry to do what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)