|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
(c) The books.
(d) Their teacher.
2. How do the stage directions describe Henry's discussion of Waldo' virtues?
(a) A "mixture of admiration and contempt."
(b) A "mixture of fear and loathing."
(c) A "mixture of love and devotion."
(d) A "mixture of jealousy and hate."
3. What is Transcendentalism?
(a) A way of traveling from one continent to another.
(b) The belief in karma, nirvana, and reincarnation.
(c) A Christian denomination, similar to the Methodist faith.
(d) A person's thoughts or emotions that transcend or rise above their external perceptions.
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) A post.
(b) His overcoat.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) A shadow.
5. What does Lydian insist that Henry must do?
(a) Forgive Waldo.
(b) Learn to conform.
(c) Get married.
(d) Follow his own path.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
2. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
3. Of what does Henry accuse Waldo, regarding Williams?
4. On what do John and Henry then agree?
5. Who does Bailey ask to be his lawyer?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)