|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry tells John that college was a waste of time except for what?
(a) Waldo's lectures.
(b) The lab courses.
(c) The weekends.
2. What happens to Henry when he tries to object to the President?
(a) No sound comes from his mouth.
(b) Waldo tells him to stop talking.
(c) A loud noise covers his words.
(d) He is shot and wounded.
3. What has Henry's Aunt Louisa done?
(a) Paid his tax bill.
(b) Come to console Henry's mother.
(c) Told Sam to let Henry go.
(d) Come to visit.
4. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
(a) His intensity frightens Ellen away.
(b) Ellen rejects him.
(c) Ellen does not love John as he thought.
(d) His rowing scares Ellen.
5. What does Henry assure Williams?
(a) He is free.
(b) He may stay at Walden Pond.
(c) He is still a slave.
(d) He will not get captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams want to call himself?
2. Henry rings the town bell, and tells everyone that Waldo will be giving a speech. Why does Waldo not appear?
3. Henry mocks Ball by telling his students to prevent all their senses from experiencing life so that they can all focus solely on what?
4. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
5. What does Lydian say while insisting to Henry what he must do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)