|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Henry compare Waldo lecturing?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) An old college professor.
(c) A Roman emperor giving away gold coins
(d) A Unitarian preacher.
2. Besides suggesting that Henry would be a better father, what else does Edward suggest to his mother?
(a) Henry could make repairs.
(b) Henry would be a better cook too.
(c) Henry would help around the house.
(d) Henry would be a better husband for her.
3. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
(b) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(c) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(d) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
4. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He is not an American.
(b) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(c) He does not like the United States.
(d) He does not approve of its actions.
5. Why does Henry urge Bailey to remain uneducated?
(a) So he will stay in jail.
(b) So that he will not have to pay for an education.
(c) So he will get sympathy.
(d) So that he will not write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Waldo respond to the news of Williams?
2. What does Henry accuse Waldo of being, which Waldo denies?
3. Waldo asks whether he should start a violent rebellion. How does Henry reply?
4. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
5. For what does Henry propose to work?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)