|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Waldo offers money, how does Henry respond?
(a) He want to negotiate a salary.
(b) He readily accepts his offer.
(c) He has already been paid by being able to listen to his mentor's lectures.
(d) He wants to be paid in kind.
2. How does Bailey respond when Henry asks him about marriage?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He gives a derisive snort.
(d) He gives a shout of joy.
3. Henry tells Sam he will not pay for the war in Mexico. Why?
(a) He likes Mexico.
(b) He does not have the money.
(c) He does not like taxes.
(d) To do so would make him a murderer.
4. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
(a) His overcoat.
(b) A shadow.
(c) His umbrella.
(d) A post.
5. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) She is the only girl.
(b) She has not paid tuition.
(c) Her father does not want her in the school.
(d) She is failing the course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
2. What does Henry think about lawyers?
3. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
4. Henry and his mother keep talking, and she tells him she does not know who he is. How does he reply?
5. Henry replies that he likes the way the alphabet sounds and feels when read backwards. Why does he think that things should be mixed up?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)