|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lighting on the empty areas of the set weak?
(a) To suggest winter.
(b) To suggest old age.
(c) To suggest a dream.
(d) The lights are broken.
2. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It is the right thing to do.
(b) It can suffocate you.
(c) It is safer.
(d) It will get you out of jail faster.
3. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
(a) Tells her that he wants Henry to be his father.
(b) Tells her to make a pie.
(c) Tells her how wonderful his day was.
(d) Tells her that he loves berries.
4. What is Henry's response when Ellen asks what will happen to the school now that there are no students?
(a) He will be the student and will learn from nature.
(b) He says they will close and he will have to go back to teaching at a university.
(c) He will change the way the school is run to keep students.
(d) He will find new students.
5. How does Williams appear?
(a) Dressed as a Mexican soldier.
(b) Dressed as a slave.
(c) Dressed as an American soldier.
(d) Dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
2. Henry objects to Sergeant Sam, but what happens?
3. How does Ellen find Transcendentalism?
4. What does Henry assure Williams?
5. After Henry deals with the chicken problem, how does Lydian respond to this gesture?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)