|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry applying for work as a repair person?
(a) He wants to stop thinking.
(b) He wants to help the Emersons.
(c) He loves to repair machinery.
(d) He likes to work with his hands.
2. Why does Henry object to the whole notion of retirement?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) He does not want to think about growing old.
(c) People do not take as many years of retirement.
(d) People work during the best part of their lives so they can relax during their declining years.
3. Why can Henry not choose any of the young women Lydian suggests?
(a) He considers Lydian a wife.
(b) He already is married.
(c) Nature is his mother-in-law.
(d) He is not interested in any of them.
4. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
(a) He has enterd Edmund into the school because he is a Transcedentalist.
(b) He has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not approve of Transcendentalism.
(c) he has withdrawn Edmund from the school because he does not care for Henry.
(d) He is sending Edmund to boarding school to get a better education.
5. Why will Henry not give money to the government?
(a) He does not like the United States.
(b) He does not approve of its actions.
(c) He does not have the money to give to the government.
(d) He is not an American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry visibly frustrated with himself?
2. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
3. With what does Henry tell Bailey he prays?
4. What does Henry tell Waldo and Lydian about what must be done?
5. Henry returns to his jail cell. What is Bailey happily doing?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)