|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry reacts violently against Lydian's idea. What does he do?
(a) He leaves in a rage.
(b) He pushes her.
(c) Chants her words back to her in protest.
(d) He argues with her.
2. Who will be Henry's protege?
3. Why is Henry disappointed in Emerson?
(a) His idol has not taken a stand in the battle against slavery.
(b) His idol fights for freedom but believes in slavery.
(c) His idol does not want everyone to be free.
(d) His idol does not stand for the same beliefs as him.
4. What does Ball threaten to do to Henry?
(a) Report him to the School Committee.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Cancel his courses.
(d) Reprimand him.
5. The audience's attention then goes back to the jail cell, where Henry is seen waking up who?
(a) His brother, John.
(b) His cellmate, Bailey.
(c) The guard, Sam.
(d) His friend, Waldo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Waldo find out about Henry's arrest?
2. What is Bailey doing as Henry speaks to him?
3. Henry notes that older people like her father are "polluted" by advice. How does he strongly urge Ellen to maintain her "innocence?"
4. What does Henry give Williams?
5. Sam notes that he does not like having to serve Henry with the bill. What does Henry urge him to do?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)