|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry, why is the government afraid of the choice he has made?
(a) They do not prison escapees.
(b) It may encourage others to do the same.
(c) They do not want a civil war.
(d) They want his money.
2. What advice does Henry give him when Waldo asks him what he thinks he should do?
(a) Henry tells him to join him in jail.
(b) Henry tells him to run for mayor.
(c) Henry tells him to start his own war.
(d) Henry tells him to speak out against the war.
3. What does Edward do as he gives his mother the berries?
(a) Tells her that he wants Henry to be his father.
(b) Tells her that he loves berries.
(c) Tells her how wonderful his day was.
(d) Tells her to make a pie.
4. About what is Williams worried?
(a) The authorities will catch him at Walden Pond.
(b) Henry will turn him in.
(c) Henry will kick him out.
(d) Henry will not be his friend.
5. Who is the old man who enters with his wife?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Edward Emerson.
(c) John Thoreau.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry make up a poem/prayer for Bailey?
2. To what does John attribute Henry's nonconformity?
3. What does Henry assure Williams?
4. What has brought violence to Concord?
5. What has Ellen's father done, regarding her little brother, Edmund?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)