|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen offer to leave?
(a) She has not paid tuition.
(b) She is failing the course.
(c) Her father does not want her in the school.
(d) She is the only girl.
2. How does the lighting show a new time period and a younger Waldo?
(a) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a stronger hue.
(b) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage shifts to a bright yellow.
(c) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes more white.
(d) The lighting on Waldo's side of the stage becomes warmer.
3. What becomes clear about Ellen and her father?
(a) Neither really understand Transcendentalism.
(b) They are both Transcendentalists.
(c) They are very close.
(d) They do not agree on how Edmund should be raised.
4. What does Henry point out to Bailey about doing what is expected of you?
(a) It will get you out of jail faster.
(b) It is safer.
(c) It is the right thing to do.
(d) It can suffocate you.
5. Why does Henry wail in grief?
(a) Abraham Lincoln is shot.
(b) Edward is shot.
(c) John is shot.
(d) Waldo is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen says that she has to go home, and Henry delays. Why?
2. Henry agrees to take her to shore if she will do what?
3. Waldo, who is clearly quite old, is losing his senses, mistakes what for a person?
4. Sergeant Sam wakes the sleeping Henry and gives him what?
5. What is the only reason for why Henry leaves his home?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)