|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonni ask the tourists to do once they get home?
2. Why is Fiona disappointed by the email Georgi gives her?
3. What does Dieter's fax to Elsa say?
4. What does Dr. Leros tell Fiona about her health?
5. What news that seems to have brought about a change in Fiona does she share with the group at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the conversation Shirley and Bill have about love?
2. What does each tourist reveal as his or her next plan?
3. Based on his last unsuccessful conversation with his son, how does Thomas try to prepare for his next talk with Bill?
4. What event causes Fiona to leave Shane for good?
5. What does Vonni admit has caused her trouble?
6. How does Andreas try to comfort Vonni?
7. Why is there tension between Bill and Thomas on the phone?
8. Why does Vonni share her secrets with the tourists?
9. Why is Barbara, Fiona's mother, excited when Shane calls?
10. What reassurance does Vonni offer Andreas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of spirituality and religion in the lives of the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Greek culture and heritage play in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the novel's title?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)