|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriam admit to David when he calls home at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What crime did Vonni commit?
3. Before Vonni and Andreas go to the tavern to make dolmades, what does Vonni ask Andreas to not let her do?
4. What is the name of the cafe where the four tourists have their final lunch?
5. What does Bill discover when talking to Shirley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event causes Fiona to leave Shane for good?
2. What change do the others notice in Fiona?
3. What secrets from her past does Vonni reveal in Chapter 12?
4. What do Vonni and Andreas think they might have done differently in the past?
5. What does Vonni admit has caused her trouble?
6. What advice does Thomas receive from his mother?
7. How does Andreas try to comfort Vonni?
8. Why does Vonni share her secrets with the tourists?
9. What has caused tension between Fiona and her parents?
10. Why does Vonni think the tourists' desire to stay in Aghia Anna is a bad idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reconciliation is a powerful theme throughout the novel. What motivates each of the main characters to seek reconciliation with their friends and family members from whom they'd been estranged?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you think grows and develops the most over the course of the novel, and why? Explain and illustrate with specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Each character often indicates that he or she thinks that the problems of others are much less complicated than their own. Cite one character from the novel and how he or she minimizes the problems of others and how this affects his or her relationships with others.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)