|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David's parents want to discuss on the phone?
2. What does Fiona ask Thomas to do for her?
3. Why can't David sleep after seeing what happened to the Olga?
4. How old are David and Elsa?
5. What does Elsa offer to help Andreas do in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shane further alienate himself at the beginning of Chapter Five?
2. What does Fiona begin to think about as far as her future is concerned in Chapter Six?
3. Describe Vonni.
4. What is Fiona's reaction to her miscarriage?
5. What is Shane's reaction to FIona's news that she is pregnant?
6. Although David and Elsa are both 28-years-old, what is the main difference in how they've lived their respective lives so far?
7. Describe the nature of the tragedy.
8. How does Elsa feel about herself as far as her capacity to offer advice to others?
9. What evidence is there of religious practices in Aghia Anna as explained in Chapter Six?
10. Describe the relationship between Fiona and Shane.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the novel's title?
Essay Topic 2
One of the novel's themes is how difficult family ties and relationships can be. Choose two characters and compare and contrast their situations vis-a-vis their families.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters seem to struggle with poor self-esteem. Choose one character and describe his or her self-image.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)