|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fiona blame for her choice not to attend her parents' anniversary party?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. What did Magda do to Vonni in the past?
(a) She stole Vonni's husband.
(b) She told everyone on the island Vonni's family secrets.
(c) She took a large sum of money form Vonni.
(d) She kidnapped Vonni's son.
3. What does Vonni say to Elsa when she explains why she ended her relationship with Dieter?
(a) That Elsa hasn't lived until her heart has been broken.
(b) That Elsa shouldn't give up on him.
(c) That Elsa should grow up.
(d) That Elsa doesn't know what love is.
4. What does David tell his parents in a letter?
(a) That he is gay.
(b) That he is staying on Aghia Anna indefinitely.
(c) That he won't attend his father's award ceremony.
(d) That he is quitting his job.
5. What is the one item that none of the tourists has?
(a) An iPod.
(b) A GPS.
(c) A computer.
(d) A cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did Vonni commit?
2. What does Thomas do in anticipation of talking with Bill?
3. Where do David's parents, Miriam and Harold, live?
4. What does Fiona fail at in Chapter 11?
5. What news that seems to have brought about a change in Fiona does she share with the group at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vonni share her secrets with the tourists?
2. What does Fiona write about in the letter to her mother?
3. What does each tourist reveal as his or her next plan?
4. Why does Georgi feel guilty?
5. Based on his last unsuccessful conversation with his son, how does Thomas try to prepare for his next talk with Bill?
6. Why is there tension between Bill and Thomas on the phone?
7. Why is Barbara, Fiona's mother, excited when Shane calls?
8. What does David notice about Vonni's behavior that he shares with the other tourists?
9. Once he reaches Athens, what thoughts does Shane have about Fiona?
10. Describe the saga of Vonni's marriage as she explains it to Elsa.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)