|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shane want to go to Exarchia?
(a) To sightsee.
(b) To find Fiona.
(c) To sell his drugs.
(d) To meet women.
2. What do Vonni and Andreas return to the tavern to make?
3. What news is Thomas unable to confess to Shirley?
(a) That he was having an affair.
(b) That Bill isn't really his son.
(c) That he had a child by another woman.
(d) That he stood to inherit millions.
4. What does Thomas do in anticipation of talking with Bill?
(a) He calls Shirley and asks her permission.
(b) He tries to find a pay phone.
(c) He searches for his phone number.
(d) He makes a list of conversation topics.
5. Why is Fiona disappointed by the email Georgi gives her?
(a) Because the email was from Barbara instead of Shane.
(b) Because the email was mistakenly sent to her.
(c) Because the email brought bad news.
(d) Because the email was a chain letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one item that none of the tourists has?
2. Instead of dining with Elsa and Fiona, what is Vonni scheduled to do?
3. What does Vonni tell Elsa about her past?
4. What does Miriam admit to David when he calls home at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Where do David's parents, Miriam and Harold, live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vonni admit has caused her trouble?
2. What does David notice about Vonni's behavior that he shares with the other tourists?
3. How do the local fisherman react to the tourists' presence at the funeral?
4. What do Vonni and Andreas think they might have done differently in the past?
5. What secrets from her past does Vonni reveal in Chapter 12?
6. Why is there tension between Bill and Thomas on the phone?
7. Why does Georgi feel guilty?
8. How does Andreas try to comfort Vonni?
9. What is the nature of the conversation Shirley and Bill have about love?
10. Based on his last unsuccessful conversation with his son, how does Thomas try to prepare for his next talk with Bill?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)