|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news is Thomas unable to confess to Shirley?
(a) That he was having an affair.
(b) That Bill isn't really his son.
(c) That he had a child by another woman.
(d) That he stood to inherit millions.
2. What message does Vonni deliver to David from his mother?
(a) That he is about to come into a large inheritance.
(b) That he has lost his job.
(c) That his sister is pregnant.
(d) That his father may be dying.
3. Before Vonni and Andreas go to the tavern to make dolmades, what does Vonni ask Andreas to not let her do?
(a) Get remarried.
(b) Give any more advice.
(c) Start drinking again.
(d) Sell her house.
4. What award has Harold won?
(a) Newscaster of the Year.
(b) Businessman of the Year.
(c) Teacher of the Year.
(d) Policeman of the Year.
5. What does Vonni invite Elsa to do that makes her feel less isolated?
(a) Help her paint.
(b) Cook breakfast.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Stay indefinitely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill confess to Andy after speaking to his mother about Thomas?
2. What does Vonni finally admit to Fiona over the phone?
3. What does Fiona's friend, Barbara, suggest her parents do?
4. What does Miriam admit to David when he calls home at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. What has been difficult for Andreas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on his last unsuccessful conversation with his son, how does Thomas try to prepare for his next talk with Bill?
2. What reassurance does Vonni offer Andreas?
3. What does each tourist reveal as his or her next plan?
4. How do the local fisherman react to the tourists' presence at the funeral?
5. Why is Barbara, Fiona's mother, excited when Shane calls?
6. How is Vonni causing tension with both the locals and the tourists?
7. What does Vonni admit has caused her trouble?
8. Why does Adonis choose not to call his father, Andreas?
9. What do Thomas and Vonni discover that they have in common at the end of Chapter 10?
10. What change do the others notice in Fiona?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)