|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Vonni and Andreas return to the tavern to make?
2. Before Vonni and Andreas go to the tavern to make dolmades, what does Vonni ask Andreas to not let her do?
(a) Sell her house.
(b) Give any more advice.
(c) Get remarried.
(d) Start drinking again.
3. While in jail, what does Shane tell Fiona about his feelings for her?
(a) That he wants to get married.
(b) That he never loved her.
(c) That he thinks they are soulmates.
(d) That he thinks they should take a break.
4. What did Vonni once own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A petrol station.
(c) The tavern.
(d) An inn.
5. Where do Fiona's parents, Maureen and Sean, live?
(a) In Rome.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In Athens.
(d) In Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made Vonni's blouse?
2. What does Fiona try to conceal before she visits Shane?
3. To whom does Andreas offer a job?
4. What does Barbara think about Fiona and Shane's relationship?
5. What career does Elsa think would be great for David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has caused tension between Fiona and her parents?
2. How is Vonni causing tension with both the locals and the tourists?
3. What event causes Fiona to leave Shane for good?
4. What is the nature of the conversation Shirley and Bill have about love?
5. How do the local fisherman react to the tourists' presence at the funeral?
6. Why does Adonis choose not to call his father, Andreas?
7. What change do the others notice in Fiona?
8. What does Fiona write about in the letter to her mother?
9. Why is Barbara, Fiona's mother, excited when Shane calls?
10. What does David notice about Vonni's behavior that he shares with the other tourists?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)