|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the death toll from the accident?
2. Where is the apartment Thomas is staying in?
(a) Above a craft shop.
(b) Next door to the tavern.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) Above someone's garage.
3. What does Elsa realize about herself in Chapter Five?
(a) That she is very unhappy in her life.
(b) That she doesn't know what's right for anyone.
(c) That she wants to have a child.
(d) That she wants a career change.
4. How are the locals portrayed in Chapter One?
(a) Arrogant and snobbish.
(b) Rude and offensive.
(c) Cold and distant.
(d) Friendly and welcoming.
5. Where do Elsa and Dieter have coffee?
(a) At Vonni's.
(b) At Andreas' tavern.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At Anna Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgi believe the tragedy aboard the Olga reminds everyone?
2. What does Vonni go out to get for Maria's family?
3. What does Shane demand Fiona do after she tells him some unexpected news?
4. How did Elsa's mother die?
5. What do Thomas, David and Fiona have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme does the author begin to explore in Chapter Two?
2. What advice does Vonni offer Maria after the funeral?
3. How does Elsa see David?
4. Describe the nature of the tragedy.
5. Describe Vonni.
6. Why does Thomas wish he had called his mother rather than his son?
7. What advice does Vonni give Fiona after her miscarriage?
8. How does Shane further alienate himself at the beginning of Chapter Five?
9. What is Fiona's reaction to her miscarriage?
10. Why does Fiona think other people have a negative reaction to Shane?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)