|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Elsa and Dieter have coffee?
(a) At Andreas' tavern.
(b) At Anna Beach.
(c) At Vonni's.
(d) At the hotel.
2. What does Georgi believe the tragedy aboard the Olga reminds everyone?
(a) That life is short.
(b) That money doesn't buy happiness.
(c) That blood is thicker than water.
(d) That you can't trust anyone.
3. Where is Elsa staying?
(a) At the Studio Apartments.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At Andreas' house.
(d) In a small house outside of the town.
4. What do Thomas and Vonni have in common?
(a) That their sons left them.
(b) That they are both in search of true love.
(c) That they both squandered their families' wealth.
(d) That they are both seeking forgiveness.
5. What game do Thomas and David play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the joke David tells Elsa?
2. What quality of Thomas' do people admire in Chapter Five?
3. What does Dieter offer Elsa?
4. What does Vonni warn Maria about when she agrees to spend the night?
5. Why can't Fiona get a boat off the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's parents' reaction to his call home?
2. What is Aghia Anna like?
3. Why does Andreas suggest that the tourists call home?
4. Describe Elsa and Dieter's first interaction on the island.
5. Why does Thomas wish he had called his mother rather than his son?
6. Although David and Elsa are both 28-years-old, what is the main difference in how they've lived their respective lives so far?
7. How does Shane further alienate himself at the beginning of Chapter Five?
8. What is Fiona's reaction to her miscarriage?
9. What has brought each of the tourists to Aghia Anna?
10. Describe the nature of the tragedy.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)