|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona find on her walk to the harbor?
(a) A survivor of the tragedy.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) A German news crew from her network.
(d) A group of lost tourists.
2. What adjective does Elsa use to describe David?
3. What does Vonni warn Maria about when she agrees to spend the night?
(a) That she stays up late.
(b) That she snores.
(c) That she has insomnia.
(d) That she wakes up early.
4. Why does Fiona's mother want her to come home?
(a) To seek medical attention.
(b) To see her grandfather before he dies.
(c) To turn herself in to the authorities.
(d) To celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.
5. How does Shane show his anger about Fiona's dream of staying on the island and raising a family?
(a) He throws a vase at the wall.
(b) He boards a boat to get away from her.
(c) He drinks until he passes out.
(d) He punches Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what condition does David find Adonis' room?
2. What does Elsa leave behind in Germany?
3. How old are David and Elsa?
4. Where do David and Elsa go together after she hides in the taxi from the German news crew?
5. What does Vonni assure Maria will eventually happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andreas suggest that the tourists call home?
2. What is Fiona's reaction to her miscarriage?
3. Describe the nature of the tragedy.
4. What is Aghia Anna like?
5. What advice does Vonni give Fiona after her miscarriage?
6. Describe Vonni.
7. How do the tourists and the local people of Aghia Anna act after the funeral?
8. What impression has Vonni made on the tourists?
9. What effect has the tragedy had on everyone staying or living on Aghia Anna?
10. What theme does the author begin to explore in Chapter Two?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)