|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elsa going to stay in Aghia Anna instead of going home?
(a) She wants an extended vacation.
(b) She is trying to avoid going into the family business.
(c) She is in serious financial trouble and wants a fresh start in a new place.
(d) She is avoiding a man at home and must stay away until he is gone.
2. Where is Vonni from?
3. As she goes to get milk for Maria's family, who does Vonni overhear discussing marriage?
(a) Elsa and Dieter.
(b) Thomas and David.
(c) Fiona and Thomas.
(d) Elsa and David.
4. What prevents Fiona from staying in the town?
(a) She can't afford to stay there.
(b) Shane doesn't want to stay.
(c) She has to return home to tend to a sick family member.
(d) Shane has to get home for work.
5. From whom does Fiona seek comfort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David's parents want to discuss on the phone?
2. What does Fiona ask Thomas to do for her?
3. What does David think about while on the bus back from Kalatriada?
4. What do Thomas and Vonni have in common?
5. What does Vonni go out to get for Maria's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shane further alienate himself at the beginning of Chapter Five?
2. How does Elsa see David?
3. Describe Elsa and Dieter's first interaction on the island.
4. What is Fiona's reaction to her miscarriage?
5. What does Fiona begin to think about as far as her future is concerned in Chapter Six?
6. Why does Elsa reject Dieter's marriage proposal?
7. What has brought each of the tourists to Aghia Anna?
8. How do the tourists and the local people of Aghia Anna act after the funeral?
9. How does Elsa feel about herself as far as her capacity to offer advice to others?
10. What theme does the author begin to explore in Chapter Two?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)