|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Elsa and Dieter have coffee?
(a) At Vonni's.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At Anna Beach.
(d) At Andreas' tavern.
2. What does Andreas regret?
(a) Being hard on his son.
(b) Not doing better in school.
(c) Traveling during monsoon season.
(d) Not taking care of his wife when she was sick.
3. What does Elsa do successfully when contacting people back home?
(a) Give them clues about where she is.
(b) Allude to the fact that she is in trouble.
(c) Maintain her secret whereabouts.
(d) Let her family know that she loves them.
4. What do David and Thomas agree on?
(a) That they want to find true love.
(b) That they need to go home.
(c) That they never want to leave the island.
(d) That women are difficult to understand.
5. What does Fiona tell Vonni after her miscarriage?
(a) That she doesn't care if she recovers.
(b) That she fears she will never recover.
(c) That she regrets her relationship with Shane.
(d) That she wishes Shane hadn't left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pressure has David experienced in his life?
2. What is the last image of Dieter that Elsa has?
3. How has David's father made him feel?
4. What adjective best describes Shane's character?
5. What is the death toll from the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Vonni offer Maria after the funeral?
2. Describe Elsa and Dieter's first interaction on the island.
3. Describe the relationship between Fiona and Shane.
4. Although David and Elsa are both 28-years-old, what is the main difference in how they've lived their respective lives so far?
5. How does David feel about his relationship with his father?
6. What is Shane's reaction to FIona's news that she is pregnant?
7. How does the tragedy on the boat affect each of the tourists?
8. What does Fiona begin to think about as far as her future is concerned in Chapter Six?
9. What has brought each of the tourists to Aghia Anna?
10. What evidence is there of religious practices in Aghia Anna as explained in Chapter Six?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)