|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Vonni from?
2. What is Shane asked to do by Georgi and Andreas, which he refuses in Chapter Six?
(a) Leave the island.
(b) Write a note to Fiona.
(c) Get back together with Fiona.
(d) Pay his bail.
3. What does Georgi believe the tragedy aboard the Olga reminds everyone?
(a) That you can't trust anyone.
(b) That life is short.
(c) That blood is thicker than water.
(d) That money doesn't buy happiness.
4. How old are David and Elsa?
5. How does Shane show his anger about Fiona's dream of staying on the island and raising a family?
(a) He boards a boat to get away from her.
(b) He throws a vase at the wall.
(c) He drinks until he passes out.
(d) He punches Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonni tell Fiona after praising Fiona's ability to work with children at the end of Chapter Six?
2. Why does Fiona want to stay in Aghia Anna?
3. What is Andreas' occupation?
4. What does Fiona find on her walk to the harbor?
5. As she goes to get milk for Maria's family, who does Vonni overhear discussing marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme does the author begin to explore in Chapter Two?
2. What is Aghia Anna like?
3. What does the dance that the local men perform in front of Maria's house symbolize?
4. How do the tourists and the local people of Aghia Anna act after the funeral?
5. How does David feel about his relationship with his father?
6. What has brought each of the tourists to Aghia Anna?
7. What impression has Vonni made on the tourists?
8. How does David portray his relationship with his father?
9. Describe Vonni.
10. Why does David think that he would never be successful in his father's business?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)