|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the recommendation of the family with whom he is staying, where does David go to enjoy some leisure time?
(a) To the local tourist attractions.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To a new restaurant.
(d) To an archaeological site.
2. What has David noticed that Vonni has never done in the group's presence?
(a) That she never eats in the presence of others.
(b) That she never drinks alcohol.
(c) That she never gives her opinion.
(d) That she never cooks for others.
3. What is the name of the cafe where the four tourists have their final lunch?
(b) High noon.
4. What news does Fiona receive in the email that Georgi gives her?
(a) That she has lost her job.
(b) That her sister is pregnant.
(c) That a loved one has died.
(d) That her parents have changed their minds about Shane.
5. Which adjective best describes David?
6. What message does Vonni deliver to David from his mother?
(a) That his father may be dying.
(b) That he is about to come into a large inheritance.
(c) That he has lost his job.
(d) That his sister is pregnant.
7. What does Thomas wake to find in the kitchen?
(a) Oranges and rolls.
(b) Muffins and croissants.
(c) Juice and coffee.
(d) Milk and cereal.
8. How does Vonni describe Fiona to the hotel manager?
(a) As unreliable.
(b) As a troublemaker.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As trustworthy.
9. What does Fiona's friend, Barbara, suggest her parents do?
(a) Pretend to accept Shane.
(b) Go to Greece and bring her home.
(c) Throw a surprise party for Fiona.
(d) Disown her.
10. What surprises the sailors when talking to Thomas?
(a) That Thomas is single.
(b) That Thomas and his friends are from different countries.
(c) That Thomas is still on the island after the tragedy.
(d) That Thomas doesn't speak Greek.
11. At the start of Chapter 13, what does the widow want to do?
(a) Get a new job.
(b) End her pregnancy.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Travel the world.
12. With whom did Vonni initially come to the island?
13. Instead of dining with Elsa and Fiona, what is Vonni scheduled to do?
(a) She plans to make some more clay pots to sell.
(b) She plans to work with blind people who make rugs.
(c) She plans to dine with Andreas instead.
(d) She plans to clean the hens.
14. What crime did Vonni commit?
15. How does Shane feel about Fiona at this point in the novel?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He feels that Fiona has let him down.
(c) He is worried about her and the baby.
(d) He feels like he will never again find anyone like Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Magda do to Vonni in the past?
2. Which poet does Thomas quote to Elsa?
3. Where did Vonni meet her husband?
4. What does Vonni invite Elsa to do that makes her feel less isolated?
5. What news is Thomas unable to confess to Shirley?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)