|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe where the four tourists have their final lunch?
(c) High noon.
2. Why does Vonni give Thomas permission to tell his new friends about Vonni's past?
(a) So that the others learn from her mistakes.
(b) So they stop asking questions of the locals.
(c) Because she is leaving the island for good.
(d) Because she is going to finally turn herself in and won't have a chance to tell them herself.
3. What does Elsa witness in Chapter 16?
(a) She saw a car accident.
(b) She saw an old man die.
(c) She saw a graduation.
(d) She saw the birth of twins.
4. When Claus arrives in the newsroom, who does Birgit immediately ask about?
5. What does Vonni tell Elsa about her past?
(a) That her husband had an affair.
(b) That she has never spoken to her son.
(c) That she never attended school.
(d) That she killed someone.
6. Before Vonni and Andreas go to the tavern to make dolmades, what does Vonni ask Andreas to not let her do?
(a) Get remarried.
(b) Give any more advice.
(c) Sell her house.
(d) Start drinking again.
7. Which adjective best describes David?
8. Which poet does Thomas quote to Elsa?
9. Instead of dining with Elsa and Fiona, what is Vonni scheduled to do?
(a) She plans to make some more clay pots to sell.
(b) She plans to clean the hens.
(c) She plans to work with blind people who make rugs.
(d) She plans to dine with Andreas instead.
10. What crime did Vonni commit?
11. Which adjective best describes the town after the funeral?
12. Where does Bill tell Thomas the family is going?
(a) To the Bahamas.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To the Grand Canyon.
13. What does Vonni finally admit to Fiona over the phone?
(a) That Shane left a note for her.
(b) That Shane is in jail.
(c) That she kissed Shane.
(d) That she is going to inherit a large sum of money.
14. How long has Vonni been on the island?
(a) For her whole life.
(b) For more than 10 years.
(c) For 20 years.
(d) For more than 30 years.
15. What does Vonni remind Thomas about after he speaks with his ex-wife?
(a) That he has a commitment at home in a week.
(b) That he is to blame for the rift with his son.
(c) That he still owes her money.
(d) That he still needs to sign his divorce papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonni offer to teach Maria to do?
2. What is the one item that none of the tourists has?
3. What secret does Andreas reveal to Vonni in Chapter 16?
4. What happened to Vonni after she learned that her husband had been unfaithful?
5. At the start of Chapter 13, what does the widow want to do?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)