|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the recommendation of the family with whom he is staying, where does David go to enjoy some leisure time?
(a) To the local tourist attractions.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To a new restaurant.
(d) To an archaeological site.
2. What crime did Vonni commit?
3. To whom does Andreas offer a job?
4. Why does Shane want to go to Exarchia?
(a) To find Fiona.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To sell his drugs.
(d) To sightsee.
5. With whom did Vonni initially come to the island?
6. Which character does Vonni suggest has a situation similar to David's?
7. What does Thomas wake to find in the kitchen?
(a) Muffins and croissants.
(b) Oranges and rolls.
(c) Milk and cereal.
(d) Juice and coffee.
8. Why is Vonni reluctant to admit that she is right about other people?
(a) Because being right has been the root of her troubles.
(b) Because being right comes with a price.
(c) Because being right has cost her friends.
(d) Because being right is not important to her.
9. What does Elsa witness in Chapter 16?
(a) She saw a graduation.
(b) She saw the birth of twins.
(c) She saw an old man die.
(d) She saw a car accident.
10. What does Bill discover when talking to Shirley?
(a) That she is moving.
(b) That she is having financial troubles.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is getting divorced again.
11. What do Vonni and Andreas return to the tavern to make?
12. How does Shane feel about Fiona at this point in the novel?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He is worried about her and the baby.
(c) He feels like he will never again find anyone like Fiona.
(d) He feels that Fiona has let him down.
13. What does Miriam admit to David when he calls home at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) That his father is in a coma.
(b) That his father has colon cancer.
(c) That his father has a gambling addiction.
(d) That his father is an alcoholic.
14. What award has Harold won?
(a) Newscaster of the Year.
(b) Businessman of the Year.
(c) Teacher of the Year.
(d) Policeman of the Year.
15. Where do Vonni and David go to make a delivery?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the tavern.
(c) To the ferry.
(d) To Maria's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in jail, what does Shane tell Fiona about his feelings for her?
2. What career does Elsa think would be great for David?
3. What does Dr. Leros tell Fiona about her health?
4. Who assumes the role of waitress at the tavern?
5. What does Vonni finally admit to Fiona over the phone?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)