|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Vonni after her miscarriage?
(a) That she regrets her relationship with Shane.
(b) That she doesn't care if she recovers.
(c) That she fears she will never recover.
(d) That she wishes Shane hadn't left.
2. What does Elsa suggest that Fiona do after Fiona seeks her out to talk about her situation?
(b) Find Shane.
3. What does Elsa contemplate while standing on the balcony?
(a) Moving to Greece permanently.
(c) Changing careers.
(d) Leaving her boyfriend.
4. What is Shane asked to do by Georgi and Andreas, which he refuses in Chapter Six?
(a) Pay his bail.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Write a note to Fiona.
(d) Get back together with Fiona.
5. What adjective does Elsa use to describe David?
6. What is the last image of Dieter that Elsa has?
(a) SItting on the balcony.
(b) Sleeping in her bed.
(c) Calling out for her as he boards the ferry.
(d) Dining alone.
7. What does Vonni go out to get for Maria's family?
8. What does Andreas confess to Georgi?
(a) That he is turning himself in to the police.
(b) That he is responsible for the tragedy.
(c) That he wrote a letter to Adonis.
(d) That he is bankrupt.
9. What are the children reciting when Thomas returns to the apartment?
(a) Their favorite song.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) A psalm.
10. What does Shane demand Fiona do after she tells him some unexpected news?
(a) That she give him all of her money.
(b) That she get rid of the baby.
(c) That she marry him.
(d) That she never see her family again.
11. What does Elsa offer to help Andreas do in Chapter Two?
(a) Renovate the tavern.
(b) Pay his bills.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Write a letter to Adonis.
12. Why does Fiona's mother want her to come home?
(a) To see her grandfather before he dies.
(b) To turn herself in to the authorities.
(c) To seek medical attention.
(d) To celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.
13. How old are David and Elsa?
14. Where does Shane want to go with Fiona in tow?
(a) To Athens.
(b) To the tavern.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Ireland.
15. What does Vonni warn Maria about when she agrees to spend the night?
(a) That she stays up late.
(b) That she snores.
(c) That she wakes up early.
(d) That she has insomnia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the death toll from the accident?
2. Where was Thomas' son, Bill, when he called?
3. What does Elsa confide in David?
4. What does Elsa leave behind in Germany?
5. What does Elsa suggest that the group should do in lieu of paying for their food?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)