|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fiona want to stay in Aghia Anna?
(a) All of her family is there.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) She is considering moving there.
(d) She wants to attend Manos' funeral.
2. Why does a group of men assemble in front of Maria's house?
(a) To donate money to help her with her cost of living.
(b) To take Manos' possessions for themselves.
(c) To kidnap her.
(d) To perform a dance in honor of Manos.
3. Why does Andreas suggest that the tourists contact their loved ones back home?
(a) Because their families will see the tragedy on the news and worry about them.
(b) Because the local authorities have found them in Greece.
(c) Because it may be their last chance to talk with their family.
(d) Because they are in danger.
4. How does Shane show his anger about Fiona's dream of staying on the island and raising a family?
(a) He throws a vase at the wall.
(b) He boards a boat to get away from her.
(c) He punches Fiona.
(d) He drinks until he passes out.
5. What does Andreas first think he sees out in the Aegean Sea when the boat is on fire?
(a) The reflection from a temple's gold dome.
(b) Glare from the sun.
(d) A bomb.
6. Why does Elsa not respect Dieter?
(a) Because he does not treat women well.
(b) Because he has never contacted his child.
(c) Because he can't hold down a job.
(d) Because he is not intelligent.
7. What does Andreas tell the German man who calls looking for Elsa?
(a) That she has been in an accident.
(b) That Elsa left the tavern with a strange man.
(c) That he doesn't know Elsa.
(d) That she isn't there.
8. What does Fiona tell Vonni after her miscarriage?
(a) That she doesn't care if she recovers.
(b) That she wishes Shane hadn't left.
(c) That she fears she will never recover.
(d) That she regrets her relationship with Shane.
9. In what condition does David find Adonis' room?
(a) Messy and disorganized.
(b) Intact and untouched.
(c) Full of boxes.
(d) Empty and abandoned.
10. What do Thomas and Vonni have in common?
(a) That they are both in search of true love.
(b) That they are both seeking forgiveness.
(c) That they both squandered their families' wealth.
(d) That their sons left them.
11. What do all of the characters seek after the funeral?
(c) Personal salvation.
12. What is Elsa afraid of?
(a) Missing her flight home.
(b) Never seeing her family again.
(c) Losing her job.
(d) Not being able to resist her ex-boyfriend if she sees him.
13. What does Dieter offer Elsa?
(a) To pay for her to go back to school.
(b) To move in with her.
(c) To introduce her to his child.
(d) To marry her.
14. What does Vonni assure Maria will eventually happen?
(a) She will fall in love again.
(b) She will find another job.
(c) She will be able to have another child.
(d) She will laugh again.
15. Why is Shane upset with Fiona at the start of Chapter Four?
(a) She spent all of his money.
(b) She let him sleep in a chair.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She has been dishonest with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shane want to go with Fiona in tow?
2. What adjective best describes Shane's character?
3. What does Andreas prepare for the policemen?
4. What does Elsa offer to help Andreas do in Chapter Two?
5. Why is it a relief to Fiona that Shane is not at Thomas' apartment?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)