|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she goes to get milk for Maria's family, who does Vonni overhear discussing marriage?
(a) Elsa and David.
(b) Fiona and Thomas.
(c) Thomas and David.
(d) Elsa and Dieter.
2. What does Fiona find on her walk to the harbor?
(a) A group of lost tourists.
(b) A German news crew from her network.
(c) A survivor of the tragedy.
(d) A wedding reception.
3. From whom does Fiona seek comfort?
4. Why can't David sleep after seeing what happened to the Olga?
(a) Because the family of one of the victims is crying loudly.
(b) Because he has insomnia.
(c) Because he keeps having nightmares.
(d) Because he has jet lag.
5. What kind of pressure has David experienced in his life?
(b) Catholic guilt.
(c) Jewish guilt.
6. Where was Thomas' son, Bill, when he called?
(a) At day camp.
(b) At school.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At a birthday party.
7. What does Andreas confess to Georgi?
(a) That he is turning himself in to the police.
(b) That he is bankrupt.
(c) That he is responsible for the tragedy.
(d) That he wrote a letter to Adonis.
8. Why don't Andreas' and Georgi's sister, Christina, attend the funeral?
(a) Because she couldn't afford to make the trip.
(b) Because she didn't know the victim.
(c) Because she lived too far away.
(d) Because she was too busy to leave work.
9. How are the locals portrayed in Chapter One?
(a) Friendly and welcoming.
(b) Rude and offensive.
(c) Cold and distant.
(d) Arrogant and snobbish.
10. Why does a group of men assemble in front of Maria's house?
(a) To perform a dance in honor of Manos.
(b) To kidnap her.
(c) To take Manos' possessions for themselves.
(d) To donate money to help her with her cost of living.
11. Why is it a relief to Fiona that Shane is not at Thomas' apartment?
(a) Because Shane would have embarrassed her.
(b) Because Shane would have tried to steal from Thomas.
(c) Because Shane would have fought with Thomas.
(d) Because Shane would have caused a lot of damage to the apartment.
12. What is Andreas' occupation?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a sea captain.
(c) He is a tavern owner.
(d) He is a tourist.
13. What do Thomas, David and Fiona have in common?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They have trouble getting along with their families.
(c) They grew up in the same neighborhood.
(d) They all went to the same university.
14. Why is Elsa going to stay in Aghia Anna instead of going home?
(a) She is avoiding a man at home and must stay away until he is gone.
(b) She is trying to avoid going into the family business.
(c) She is in serious financial trouble and wants a fresh start in a new place.
(d) She wants an extended vacation.
15. How does David feel about Elsa?
(a) He wishes he'd never met her.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He's intimidated by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shane demand Fiona do after she tells him some unexpected news?
2. What does Vonni apparently not care about?
3. How did Elsa's mother die?
4. What does Vonni go out to get for Maria's family?
5. What does Andreas tell the German man who calls looking for Elsa?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)