|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Fiona seek comfort?
2. What does Elsa offer to help Andreas do in Chapter Two?
(a) Write a letter to Adonis.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Renovate the tavern.
(d) Pay his bills.
3. What does Andreas decide about the four tourists while he listens to their phone conversations?
(a) That they are all hoping to meet their soul mates.
(b) That they are all running away from bad situations at home.
(c) That they are all in trouble with the law.
(d) That they are all related.
4. What happens to the tourist boat Olga?
(a) The boat captain falls overboard.
(b) The boat catches fire.
(c) The boat takes on too much water and begins to sink.
(d) The boat crew gets sick and dies.
5. In what condition does David find Adonis' room?
(a) Full of boxes.
(b) Empty and abandoned.
(c) Intact and untouched.
(d) Messy and disorganized.
6. What does Shane demand Fiona do after she tells him some unexpected news?
(a) That she get rid of the baby.
(b) That she give him all of her money.
(c) That she never see her family again.
(d) That she marry him.
7. Where did all of Andreas' brothers go?
8. Why does Fiona's mother want her to come home?
(a) To turn herself in to the authorities.
(b) To celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.
(c) To see her grandfather before he dies.
(d) To seek medical attention.
9. What prevents Fiona from staying in the town?
(a) She has to return home to tend to a sick family member.
(b) Shane has to get home for work.
(c) Shane doesn't want to stay.
(d) She can't afford to stay there.
10. Why is Elsa going to stay in Aghia Anna instead of going home?
(a) She is in serious financial trouble and wants a fresh start in a new place.
(b) She wants an extended vacation.
(c) She is avoiding a man at home and must stay away until he is gone.
(d) She is trying to avoid going into the family business.
11. Why is Andreas angry about the tragedy?
(a) He thinks ancient Greek artifacts were lost in it.
(b) He has never witnessed this kind of tragedy in person.
(c) He feels it should have been prevented.
(d) He lost his wife as a result of it.
12. What does Andreas tell the German man who calls looking for Elsa?
(a) That she has been in an accident.
(b) That he doesn't know Elsa.
(c) That she isn't there.
(d) That Elsa left the tavern with a strange man.
13. What is the last image of Dieter that Elsa has?
(a) SItting on the balcony.
(b) Calling out for her as he boards the ferry.
(c) Sleeping in her bed.
(d) Dining alone.
14. What does Elsa do successfully when contacting people back home?
(a) Allude to the fact that she is in trouble.
(b) Maintain her secret whereabouts.
(c) Give them clues about where she is.
(d) Let her family know that she loves them.
15. What might happen once the news crews recognize Elsa?
(a) They will want to interview her.
(b) Her true identity will be revealed.
(c) Her lover will come find her.
(d) The police will arrest her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elsa not respect Dieter?
2. How did Elsa's mother die?
3. Where does Shane want to go with Fiona in tow?
4. What does Vonni apparently not care about?
5. What quality of Thomas' do people admire in Chapter Five?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)