|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shane show his anger about Fiona's dream of staying on the island and raising a family?
(a) He throws a vase at the wall.
(b) He boards a boat to get away from her.
(c) He drinks until he passes out.
(d) He punches Fiona.
2. What does Miriam admit to David when he calls home at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) That his father is an alcoholic.
(b) That his father is in a coma.
(c) That his father has a gambling addiction.
(d) That his father has colon cancer.
3. What happened to Vonni after she learned that her husband had been unfaithful?
(a) She was hospitalized.
(b) She attempted suicide.
(c) She left the island for ten years.
(d) She became a recluse.
4. What secret does Andreas reveal to Vonni in Chapter 16?
(a) That he is tired of running the tavern.
(b) That he wanted to marry her 25 years ago.
(c) That he has always wanted to be an actor.
(d) That he has always wanted to be a doctor.
5. Why do the tourists have to dine inside?
(a) It got too cold.
(b) They didn't want to look at the site of the accident.
(c) It started to rain.
(d) There was no room outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elsa and Dieter have coffee?
2. What does Elsa confide in David?
3. What kind of pressure has David experienced in his life?
4. Which two tourists find romance with one another at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Elsa suggest that the group should do in lieu of paying for their food?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)