|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do David and Thomas agree on?
(a) That they never want to leave the island.
(b) That women are difficult to understand.
(c) That they need to go home.
(d) That they want to find true love.
2. Why does Vonni give Thomas permission to tell his new friends about Vonni's past?
(a) So that the others learn from her mistakes.
(b) Because she is leaving the island for good.
(c) Because she is going to finally turn herself in and won't have a chance to tell them herself.
(d) So they stop asking questions of the locals.
3. Which character does Vonni suggest has a situation similar to David's?
4. What kind of pressure has David experienced in his life?
(b) Jewish guilt.
(c) Catholic guilt.
5. What do the local children sing at the funeral?
(b) Ave Maria.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) Amazing Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fiona blame for her choice not to attend her parents' anniversary party?
2. What adjective best describes Shane's character?
3. While in jail, what does Shane tell Fiona about his feelings for her?
4. What has David noticed that Vonni has never done in the group's presence?
5. What surprises the sailors when talking to Thomas?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)