|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sad event happens to Fiona in Chapter 8?
(a) She realizes that she will never see Shane again.
(b) She miscarries her baby.
(c) She learns that she has lost her life's savings.
(d) She learns of a death in her family.
2. What adjective best describes Shane's character?
3. Which poet does Thomas quote to Elsa?
4. What does Andreas tell the German man who calls looking for Elsa?
(a) That she has been in an accident.
(b) That she isn't there.
(c) That he doesn't know Elsa.
(d) That Elsa left the tavern with a strange man.
5. What does Andreas regret?
(a) Traveling during monsoon season.
(b) Being hard on his son.
(c) Not doing better in school.
(d) Not taking care of his wife when she was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elsa suggest that the group should do in lieu of paying for their food?
2. How old are David and Elsa?
3. Who spots Elsa as she leaves the deli?
4. What surprises the sailors when talking to Thomas?
5. Why does a group of men assemble in front of Maria's house?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)