• Andreas, a tavern owner, sees a tourist boat on fire in the bay. There are no survivors.
• A group of tourists vacationing on Aghia Anna, a Greek fishing village on a small island, climbs the hill to Andreas' tavern.
• The group of tourists include Elsa, a German reporter, David, an English Jew, Fiona, an Irish nurse, and Thomas, an American. Also part of the group is Shane, Fiona's boyfriend.
• Andreas serves lunch to the group. Each person tells the others a bit about himself or herself.
• The tourists call home to let their loved ones know that they are safe.
• Overhearing the phone conversations, Andreas learns that the characters are each running from a negative situation at home.
• Each of the characters reveals more about their situations at home and their relationships with others.
• Each of the tourists thinks about his or her phone call home...
This section contains 1,804 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)