|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Ma Nelson five Fevvers to go with her new image?
(a) A dagger
(b) An axe
(c) A spear
(d) A sword
2. What does Fevvers think that that Rosencreutz wants to take from her?
(a) Her wings
(b) Her money
(c) Her life
(d) Her virginity
3. Why are the tigers on edge in this chapter?
(a) Lamarck has beaten them
(b) They need to perform
(c) It is feeding time
(d) There is a chicken running outside their cage
4. What has Colonel Kearney polished?
(a) His automobile
(b) His oak table
(c) His signet
(d) The dollar sign on his belt buckle
5. What has Fevvers suitor promised her?
(a) A harp
(b) A diamond necklace
(d) A dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Lizzie talk about Fevvers' receiving?
2. What was Fevver lying on top of in the basket?
3. What item of clothing do Fevvers' wings rip through?
4. Who is the leader of the clowns?
5. Where does Fevver say she was found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons Fevvers wants to join Madame Screck's house.
2. How does darkness play an important part in book 1, chapter 4?
3. What changes in Fevvers character take place when she becomes the Winged Victory?
4. What pleases Walser about Fevvers in book, 2, chapter 8?
5. How does Schreck try to dupe Fevers out of her fair share?
6. In what way is does book, chapter 3 center around the female characters?
7. In what way do you think Walser's decision to sign up for the circus was an important one to make?
8. What imagery does Carter use to describe the ice cream shop?
9. What new element does Madame Schreck bring to the story?
10. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)