|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buffo sit at the table?
(a) The middle
(b) Next to the head of the table
(c) Under the table
(d) The head
2. Why is Walser concerned that Buffo might not be able to perform?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is high
(c) He has been beaten up
(d) He has sprained his ankle
3. What is Walser's role in the circus?
(a) A clown
(b) A bearded woman
(c) A cleaner
(d) A strongman
4. What present does Lizzie talk about Fevvers' receiving?
(a) A gold grooming case
(b) A diamond necklace
(c) A golden egg
(d) A priceless vase
5. What is different about the gentlemen that Schreck relies on for help?
(a) He is 9 feet tall
(b) He has no nose
(c) He has no mouth
(d) He has no chest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fevvers offer the night watchman?
2. What does Rosencreutz say is the secret of youth?
3. What does Madame Schreck invite Fevvers to work?
4. Which Russian city do they travel to?
5. What does Walser say is a sign that Fevvers' grew in a womb?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does book 2, chapter 3 mark a transition in the relationship between Fevvers and Walser?
2. What changes in Fevvers character take place when she becomes the Winged Victory?
3. Describe Colonel Kearney and his pig Sybil.
4. How does Schreck try to dupe Fevers out of her fair share?
5. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
6. What does Fevver do during her first seven years at the brothel
7. In what way has greed been an important theme in this novel so far?
8. What problems does Lizzie face at home?
9. For what reasons are the Charivaris jealous of Fevvers?
10. What did Walser conclude about Fevvers before the interview?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)