|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does Fever's claim preceded her?
(a) A virgin whore
(b) A hooker
(c) A winged monster
(d) A love monster
2. Who do Fevvers' captors work for?
(a) Ma Nelson
(d) Madame Schreck
3. What does Walser say is a sign that Fevvers' grew in a womb?
(a) Her belly button
(b) Her birth certificate
(c) Her human form
(d) Her human brain
4. What is Mignon's native tongue?
5. Where does Fevvers' begin to feel an itch in this chapter?
(a) Around her ears
(b) On her foot
(c) Around her feathers
(d) Behind her knee
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buffo sit at the table?
2. What two angels does Rosencreutz compare Fevvers to?
3. Which Russian city do they travel to?
4. How does Fevvers claim she was born?
5. What color ribbon does the female chimp have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in Fevvers character take place when she becomes the Winged Victory?
2. What new element does Madame Schreck bring to the story?
3. What is Walser's part in the clown's act?
4. What ploy does Kearney come up with in book 2, chapter 7 to promote his circus?
5. In what way do you think it is significant that Walser is a clown?
6. In what way do you think Walser's decision to sign up for the circus was an important one to make?
7. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
8. In what way is does book, chapter 3 center around the female characters?
9. What does Fevver do during her first seven years at the brothel
10. How does darkness play an important part in book 1, chapter 4?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)