|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Ma Nelson five Fevvers to go with her new image?
(a) A spear
(b) A dagger
(c) A sword
(d) An axe
2. What does Fevvers think that that Rosencreutz wants to take from her?
(a) Her money
(b) Her life
(c) Her wings
(d) Her virginity
3. What does Fevvers say Madame Schreck does not part easily with?
(a) Her workers
(b) Her son
(d) Her emotions
4. Which of the chimps speaks and writes on the board?
(b) The professor
(c) The teacher
5. What is the name of Walser's dwellings?
(a) Tramp Street
(b) Circus Area
(c) Clown Corner
(d) Clown Alley
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fevvers share a display with?
2. How do Lizzie and Fevvers make a living?
3. What does Walser think he has become?
4. Why are Walser's emotions in a state of turmoil?
5. Who promises Walser a good beating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fevver do during her first seven years at the brothel
2. In what way is class a major theme in book 2, chapter 5?
3. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
4. In what way do you think Walser's decision to sign up for the circus was an important one to make?
5. Describe Colonel Kearney and his pig Sybil.
6. What did Walser conclude about Fevvers before the interview?
7. What imagery does Carter use to describe the ice cream shop?
8. How does darkness play an important part in book 1, chapter 4?
9. In what way has greed been an important theme in this novel so far?
10. What does Walser see in Fevvers dressing room?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)