|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Lizzie and Fevver move in with?
(b) Lizzie's family
(c) Fevvers' family
2. Where does Walser wander in this chapter?
(a) The cold streets
(b) A park
(c) The hotel lobby
(d) The meadows
3. Who does Walser try to persuade to let himself and Lamarck's wife into the building?
(a) The doorman
(b) The receptionist
(c) The landlady
(d) The manager
4. What two angels does Rosencreutz compare Fevvers to?
(a) Raphael and Uriel
(b) Michael and Raphael
(c) Azreal and Gabriel
(d) Azreal and Lucifer
5. What does Walser compare Fevvers' room to?
(a) A birds nest
(b) A kitchenmaid's attic
(c) A batchelor pad
(d) A pigsty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fevvers say Madame Schreck does not part easily with?
2. Who is the leader of the clowns?
3. What do the audience bombard Fevvers with?
4. What does the newspaper article claim that Fevver's is made of?
5. What does Fevvers like about the play Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Walser see in Fevvers dressing room?
2. What is Walser's part in the clown's act?
3. Describe the chimp's act.
4. In what way is class a major theme in book 2, chapter 5?
5. In what way do you think it is significant that Walser is a clown?
6. What new element does Madame Schreck bring to the story?
7. How does Fevvers escape from Rosencreutz?
8. For what reasons are the Charivaris jealous of Fevvers?
9. What is clown alley?
10. How does Schreck try to dupe Fevers out of her fair share?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)