|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fevvers send her money to?
(a) Her mother
(b) Ma Nelson
2. What does Fevvers think that that Rosencreutz wants to take from her?
(a) Her money
(b) Her virginity
(c) Her wings
(d) Her life
3. Why is Walser happy to see Fevvers?
(a) He is happy to see a familiar face
(b) He can now finish his story
(c) He is in love with her
(d) She owes him money
4. Why is Walser concerned that Buffo might not be able to perform?
(a) He has sprained his ankle
(b) He is drunk
(c) He is high
(d) He has been beaten up
5. What present does Lizzie talk about Fevvers' receiving?
(a) A gold grooming case
(b) A priceless vase
(c) A diamond necklace
(d) A golden egg
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Russian city do they travel to?
2. How does Walser try to gain his composure?
3. What does Walser say is a sign that Fevvers' grew in a womb?
4. Who do Lizzie and Fevver move in with?
5. What does Madame Schreck invite Fevvers to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Schreck try to dupe Fevers out of her fair share?
2. How does darkness play an important part in book 1, chapter 4?
3. Describe Mignon's life story.
4. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
5. In what way do you think it is significant that Walser is a clown?
6. In what way is does book, chapter 3 center around the female characters?
7. How does Fevvers escape from Rosencreutz?
8. In what way do you think Walser's decision to sign up for the circus was an important one to make?
9. What is Walser's part in the clown's act?
10. In what way has greed been an important theme in this novel so far?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)