|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pearson flee to at the end of "The Ten O'Clock People"?
2. Where was Doris and her husband staying in "Crouch End"?
3. Where do citizens gather in "Home Delivery"?
4. Who were Doris and her husband going to see in Crouch End?
5. What happened to Doris's husband in "Crouch End"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Bradbury children feel about their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
2. What kind of struggle do the policemen in "Crouch End" experience?
3. What did Barney tell Jerry Tarkanian in "The Fifth Quarter"?
4. How did Doris and her husband end up in Crouch End?
5. Why is Doris Freeman in England in "Crouch End"?
6. What is Katie's life like when she receives the second phone call in "Sorry, Right Number," and how does she react?
7. What are the three kinds of time, according to George in "My Pretty Pony"?
8. How do the children get rid of their stepfather in "The House on Maple Street"?
9. In "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band," how do Clark and Mary Willingham end up in Rock and Roll Heaven?
10. Why do John and Elise Graham travel to Willow, Maine, from St. Louis, Missouri, in "Rainy Season"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"It Grows on You" is a story about Joe Newall and a house he buys in Castle Rock. How does Joe Newall transform throughout the story? How does his house reflect his greediness? Compare the house to Joe Newall. Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 2
"Brooklyn August" is the only poem in this collection by Stephen King. What is the poem about? What kind of tone does the poem have, and how does that affect your perception of the poem? Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Sneakers," John Tell finds out something startling about a man who has become a close friend to him. How does John Tell find out the truth about Paul Jannings? What is the truth? How does he react to the truth? Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)