|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rat-faced kid from "Chattery Teeth" ask Bill for?
2. What does Martha's son send her?
3. When does Bill return to Scooter's Grocery after the accident?
4. Where is Martha's workplace located?
5. What occupation does Martha hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The End of the Whole Mess," how does Bobby's plan go awry?
2. What is the story behind the sneakers in "Sneakers"?
3. What similarities are there between Martha's son and Peter Jefferies in "Dedication"?
4. What change does Miss Sidley see in her students, and what does she eventually do about it?
5. How do John Tell and Paul Jannings become friends in "Sneakers"?
6. Describe the scene of the bathroom when policemen arrive in "The Moving Finger."
7. How is Sheridan surprised in "Popsy"?
8. How does Robinson execute his plan to kill Dolan?
9. Why does John Tell run away?
10. What do the hitchhiker's actions reveal in "Chattery Teeth"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Home Delivery," a town goes through a lot when it is invaded by zombies. How does the town unite to save the community from zombies? What would have happened had they not all united to fight the zombies? Describe some of the hardships that the citizens endure. Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Greed is a theme that runs throughout "The Fifth Quarter." How is greed reflected throughout the story by different characters? How does greed endanger the lives of the characters in this story? Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In "Night Flier," Dees, the investigative reporter for The Inside View, has very cynical views about everything. What is cynicism? How does he display this cynicism in the beginning of the story, and how does his cynicism slowly crumble throughout the story? How does his discovery of the reality of vampires potentially shake his entire belief system? Remember to answer each question with evidence from the story.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)