|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarny say she was when she first heard about Nightjohn in Chapter 1?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the sleeping quarters.
(c) In the flower beds.
(d) In the cotton fields.
2. How does Sarny describe John's back when he arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) It is proud beneath his shirt.
(b) It is black and smooth.
(c) It is milky white.
(d) It is covered in scars.
3. What does John do on the first night after his punishment from Waller in Chapter 6?
(a) He stares at the ceiling.
(b) He devises a plan for the slaves to revolt.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He talks to Sarny about leaving.
4. What word from Chapter 5 refers to the act of writing or marking carelessly?
5. How does Sarny describe Mrs. Waller's sister in Chapter 2?
(a) Proud and beautiful.
(b) Gentle and kind.
(c) Dried up and mean.
(d) Soft spoken and meek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Sarny compare John's laughter to in Chapter 3?
2. What does John ask Sarny to fetch for him from the barn in Chapter 6?
3. What question does Sarny always ask about the letters of the alphabet when John introduces them to her?
4. What chore does Mammy tell Sarny to do while Mammy is hanging from the spring house in Chapter 5?
5. What sequel did Gary Paulsen write to Nightjohn?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)