|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jim die after he attempted escape?
(a) He was lynched.
(b) He was killed by Waller's dogs.
(c) He bled to death after castration.
(d) He was shot.
2. What did Sarny do with the coin that she found after showing it to Mammy?
(a) She swallowed it.
(b) She hid it in the dirt.
(c) She gave it to Mr. Waller.
(d) She gave it to John.
3. What quality stands out the most in John's character?
4. What does Sarny think about when she finally lays down in bed at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Waller's dog.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The letter A.
5. What does John say to Sarny before he leaves in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is going to kill Waller.
(b) That he wishes her a good life.
(c) That he will be back.
(d) That she should come with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Sarny says that some believed she brought Nightjohn to the plantation by what manner?
2. What does Sarny recall Mammy telling her to do with the coin that she found in the dirt in Chapter 2?
3. What term refers to the movement to end slavery?
4. What kind of coin does Sarny describe finding in the dirt in Chapter 2?
5. What name refers to a network of secret routes and safe houses used by slaves in the United States to escape to free states and Canada?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)