|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mammy says in Chapter 1 that Sarny's mother sold for the value of how many field hands?
2. What term refers to efforts toward procuring economic and social rights, political rights or equality, often for a specifically disenfranchised group?
3. How many miles does John say they run him in his first day in Chapter 3?
4. When Sarny overhears the mistress of the plantation in Chapter 2, the mistress is complaining that her husband spends too much money buying slaves. What is she concerned that she will not have enough money to purchase due to her husband's overspending?
(a) Farm supplies.
(d) A new house.
5. What does Sarny remark about her birth in Chapter 1?
(a) She came out backwards.
(b) She was born deaf.
(c) She was born blind.
(d) She was born premature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coin does Sarny describe finding in the dirt in Chapter 2?
2. "Partus sequitur ventrem" was a legal doctrine adopted widely into the laws of slavery in the American colonies. What did this law dictate?
3. What European country was the first to engage in the New World slave trade?
4. What did Sarny do with the coin that she found after showing it to Mammy?
5. How old is Sarny in Chapter 1?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)