|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarny say she was when she first heard about Nightjohn in Chapter 1?
(a) In the sleeping quarters.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the flower beds.
(d) In the cotton fields.
2. To whom does Mammy pray when Sarny witnesses her in Chapter 2?
(a) The Great Buddha.
(b) Lord Jesus.
(d) Saint Mary.
3. What does John call out for from the slaves in the sleeping quarters on his first night at the plantation in Chapter 3?
(b) Extra food.
4. When did Pennsylvania pass legislation to end slavery?
5. What European country was the first to engage in the New World slave trade?
(c) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Sarny treat the flowers with in Chapter 2?
2. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a person who manages slaves on a plantation?
3. What is Mr. Waller's first name?
4. What is foreshadowed by Sarny's story about finding the coin in the dirt in Chapter 2?
5. Where are the flower beds described that Sarny tends from time to time in Chapter 1?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)