|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sarny in Chapter 1?
2. Where has Sarny observed people reading prior to meeting John?
(a) In town.
(b) In the white house.
(c) At church.
(d) At the slave market.
3. Mammy says in Chapter 1 that Sarny's mother sold for the value of how many field hands?
4. How many miles does John say they run him in his first day in Chapter 3?
5. When did Pennsylvania pass legislation to end slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mammy done when Sarny copied the letters from the feed sack in the dirt when she was younger?
2. To whom does Mammy pray when Sarny witnesses her in Chapter 2?
3. What substance does Sarny treat the flowers with in Chapter 2?
4. What kind of coin does Sarny describe finding in the dirt in Chapter 2?
5. What word from Chapter 3 refers to a gourd used for eating or drinking?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)