|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarny overhears the mistress of the plantation in Chapter 2, the mistress is complaining that her husband spends too much money buying slaves. What is she concerned that she will not have enough money to purchase due to her husband's overspending?
(a) Farm supplies.
(c) A new house.
2. What does John call out for from the slaves in the sleeping quarters on his first night at the plantation in Chapter 3?
(d) Extra food.
3. What euphemism does Sarny use to describe menstruation in Chapter 1?
(a) The trouble.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(d) The spots.
4. How much money does Mrs. Waller say that her husband just spent on a new hand in Chapter 2?
(a) Over $1,000.
(b) About $500.
(c) Under $100.
(d) About $10,000.
5. What had Mammy done when Sarny copied the letters from the feed sack in the dirt when she was younger?
(a) She praised her.
(b) She smacked her.
(c) She told Waller.
(d) She laughed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarny say her last name is in Chapter 1?
2. Why does mammy say Sarny's birth mother was sold in Chapter 1?
3. What is Mr. Waller's first name?
4. How old is Sarny in Chapter 1?
5. How many miles does John say they run him in his first day in Chapter 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)