|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the treatment of the slaves on Waller's plantation?
(a) The slaves are treated compassionately.
(b) The slaves are treated like kings.
(c) The slaves are treated like treasured valuables.
(d) The slaves are treated like animals.
2. Mammy says in Chapter 1 that Sarny's mother sold for the value of how many field hands?
3. What does Sarny enjoy doing every evening after the slaves eat?
(a) Playing a harmonica that she found in town.
(b) Drawing pictures in the sand in the chicken shed.
(c) Singing songs that she learned in church.
(d) Laying in bed thinking about what she's learned.
4. Sarny states at the end of Chapter 2 that she knows the "people in the white house aren't richer" than whom?
(a) The President.
(c) My father.
5. To whom does Mammy pray when Sarny witnesses her in Chapter 2?
(a) Saint Mary.
(c) Lord Jesus.
(d) The Great Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coin does Sarny describe finding in the dirt in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Mammy pray in the manner that she does?
3. How does Mammy notate the ages of the slave children that she raises?
4. What kind of work does Sarny say she is not yet old enough to do on the plantation in Chapter 1?
5. What term refers to the movement to end slavery?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)