|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarny states at the end of Chapter 2 that she knows the "people in the white house aren't richer" than whom?
(b) The President.
(d) My father.
2. What has caused some of the leaves to fall off of the flowers that Sarny is tending in the flower garden in Chapter 2?
(a) Chemical pesticides.
(b) Little green bugs.
3. How old is Sarny in Chapter 1?
4. Sarny says of Mammy in Chapter 2, "She swore they could hear like cats up to the big house..." What literary device is used in this example?
5. How does Mammy notate the ages of the slave children that she raises?
(a) By putting stakes in the ground.
(b) By marking notches on sticks.
(c) By collecting pebbles in a jar.
(d) By scratching marks on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarny describe the financial circumstances of the master's family in Chapter 2?
2. What is Mrs. Waller's first name?
3. What does Sarny remark about her birth in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Waller's sister?
5. What kind of flowers is Sarny working on in the flower bed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)