|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Sarny say she is not yet old enough to do on the plantation in Chapter 1?
(a) Helping with the young ones.
(b) Field work.
(c) Gathering eggs.
(d) Yard work.
2. What term refers to the movement to end slavery?
3. How would you describe Sarny's perception of life outside of the plantation in Chapter 2?
(a) Sarny experienced a brutal life outside the plantation when she was bought by Mr. Waller.
(b) Sarny has no knowledge of life outside of the plantation.
(c) Sarny's experiences outside the plantation have led her to desire freedom.
(d) Sarny views life outside the plantation as harsher than life within the plantation.
4. Mammy says in Chapter 1 that Sarny's mother sold for the value of how many field hands?
5. What did Sarny do with the coin that she found after showing it to Mammy?
(a) She hid it in the dirt.
(b) She swallowed it.
(c) She gave it to Mr. Waller.
(d) She gave it to John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarny say her last name is in Chapter 1?
2. When did the U.S. Congress outlaw the importation of slaves?
3. Sarny says of Mammy in Chapter 2, "She swore they could hear like cats up to the big house..." What literary device is used in this example?
4. How does Sarny describe Mrs. Waller's sister in Chapter 2?
5. What does Sarny recall Mammy telling her to do with the coin that she found in the dirt in Chapter 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)