|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John use on his makeshift shoes to throw the dogs' scent off in Chapter 6?
(b) Lard and pepper.
(c) Salt and iodine.
(d) Horse manure.
2. What does John make shoes from before he runs away in Chapter 6?
(a) Cloth rags.
(c) Tree bark.
(d) Rubber tires.
3. What were the "funny lines" that Sarny recalls seeing on the side of a feed sack in Chapter 3?
(d) 100 lbs.
4. What does Mammy respond when John flirts with her in Chapter 6?
(a) I don't got no interest in learning.
(b) I'm old enough to be your mother.
(c) I don't have nothing to do with whites.
(d) I'm young enough to be your daughter.
5. What food item does Sarny bring to Mammy while she's strung up at the spring house in Chapter 5?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of cornbread.
(c) A potato.
(d) A bowl of oatmeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sarny in Chapter 1?
2. How does Sarny describe Alice's mental state in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. How does Mammy notate the ages of the slave children that she raises?
4. What word from Chapter 6 means to limp?
5. What is Sarny doing when the master arrives with John in Chapter 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)