|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Sarny equate the color of her skin with in Chapter 3?
(b) Brown sugar.
(c) Sassafras tea.
2. How does Sarny describe John's back when he arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) It is proud beneath his shirt.
(b) It is milky white.
(c) It is black and smooth.
(d) It is covered in scars.
3. How far does Sarny say Alice made it before she was caught in Chapter 4?
(a) Halfway to Pennsylvania.
(b) To the door of the sleeping quarters.
(c) To the train station in town.
(d) The other end of the cotton fields.
4. What word used in Chapter 3 refers to the process of preparing corn for eating?
5. Where does Waller kick Sarny when he finds her writing in Chapter 5?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the groin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the people that captured John after he'd fled?
2. What quality stands out the most in John's character?
3. How much money does Mrs. Waller say that her husband just spent on a new hand in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the field hand who assists in holding down John for his punishment in Chapter 5?
5. What color does Sarny describe Waller's dogs as in Chapter 4?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)