|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the U.S. Congress outlaw the importation of slaves?
(a) July 7, 1800.
(b) January 1, 1808.
(c) March 26, 1865.
(d) April 12, 1799.
2. What term refers to the movement to end slavery?
3. To whom does Mammy pray when Sarny witnesses her in Chapter 2?
(a) Saint Mary.
(b) Lord Jesus.
(c) The Great Buddha.
4. What euphemism does Sarny use to describe menstruation in Chapter 1?
(b) The trouble.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) The spots.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Waller's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pennsylvania pass legislation to end slavery?
2. By current estimates, approximately how many Africans were shipped across the Atlantic during the slave trade?
3. What is Mr. Waller's first name?
4. Why does Mammy pray in the manner that she does?
5. What is the name of the slave that raises Sarny?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)