|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Sarny describe Waller's dogs as in Chapter 4?
2. What emotion does John's story about his past inspire in Mammy in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mammy do when she first sees John teaching Sarny the letters of the alphabet in Chapter 4?
(a) She hits him over the head.
(b) She calls the other slaves to watch.
(c) She runs and tells Mr. Waller.
(d) She laughs at him.
4. What does John say to Sarny before he leaves in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is going to kill Waller.
(b) That he wishes her a good life.
(c) That he will be back.
(d) That she should come with him.
5. What kind of coin does Sarny describe finding in the dirt in Chapter 2?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A dime.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A penny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awake in the sleeping quarters when John escapes in Chapter 6?
2. Where does John say he was when he was caught in Chapter 4?
3. How did Jim die after he attempted escape?
4. What is the last letter that John introduces Sarny to in Chapter 4?
5. In the end of Chapter 6, Sarny says that John won't be coming back unless what happens?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)