|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe Sarny's perception of life outside of the plantation in Chapter 2?
(a) Sarny views life outside the plantation as harsher than life within the plantation.
(b) Sarny experienced a brutal life outside the plantation when she was bought by Mr. Waller.
(c) Sarny has no knowledge of life outside of the plantation.
(d) Sarny's experiences outside the plantation have led her to desire freedom.
2. What does John say to Sarny before he leaves in Chapter 6?
(a) That he will be back.
(b) That he is going to kill Waller.
(c) That she should come with him.
(d) That he wishes her a good life.
3. What must the slaves do whenever someone is punished at the spring house?
(a) Kneel and look away.
(b) Stand and watch.
(c) Plow the fields.
4. What is Mrs. Waller's first name?
5. When did Abraham Lincoln issue the Emancipation Proclamation proclaiming the freedom of slaves in the ten states that were still in rebellion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Sarny always ask about the letters of the alphabet when John introduces them to her?
2. How much money does Mrs. Waller say that her husband just spent on a new hand in Chapter 2?
3. Why does John assert that the slaves must all learn to read and write in Chapter 4?
4. What does John use on his makeshift shoes to throw the dogs' scent off in Chapter 6?
5. How does Sarny describe Alice's mental state in the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)