|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a noisy or disorderly group or gathering?
2. What does Master Waller order Mammy to do after he has whipped Alice at the spring house in Chapter 4?
(a) To rub salt into her wounds.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To hang a noose from the shed.
(d) To take her to the hospital.
3. What does John use on his makeshift shoes to throw the dogs' scent off in Chapter 6?
(b) Salt and iodine.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) Lard and pepper.
4. How many slaves are estimated to have escaped to freedom in American History?
(a) One million.
(b) Half a million.
(c) Sixty thousand.
(d) Two million.
5. How does Sarny describe Mrs. Waller's sister in Chapter 2?
(a) Proud and beautiful.
(b) Gentle and kind.
(c) Soft spoken and meek.
(d) Dried up and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Abraham Lincoln issue the Emancipation Proclamation proclaiming the freedom of slaves in the ten states that were still in rebellion?
2. What kind of flowers is Sarny working on in the flower bed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. When did Pennsylvania pass legislation to end slavery?
4. How did Jim die after he attempted escape?
5. Sarny compares the sound of "the north" to listening to what sounds in Chapter 4?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)