|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(c) They are separated from their relatives.
(d) They are shot.
2. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
(a) They give their valuables to relatives who can hide them.
(b) They hide Jews who are trying to escape.
(c) They offer rooms to relatives who have lost their homes.
(d) They are forced to cook for the German soldiers.
3. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
(b) A person's name.
(d) A vacation.
4. Why does Elie's father make this request at the concentration camp?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He wants to be with Elie's mother and sister.
(c) Elie's father desperately needs medicine.
(d) He wants Elie to have a chance for survival.
5. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
(a) Hide his injury.
(b) Have surgery.
(c) Go through the selection process again.
(d) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
2. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
3. What is "selection"?
4. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
5. What is the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they travel to the concentration camp?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)