|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
(a) They are afraid to die in that way.
(b) They don't have the strength to care.
(c) They resent the way they are treated.
(d) They are grief-stricken to realize this is how their lives will end.
2. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
(a) The foreman tells the camp commander that Elie stole food.
(b) The foreman sends Elie to solitary confinement.
(c) The foreman beats Elie so his tooth falls out.
(d) The foreman abuses Elie's father.
3. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Spacious and clean.
(c) Drafty and damp.
(d) Chaotic and noisy.
4. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(b) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(c) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(d) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
5. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
(b) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(c) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(d) He steals a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie's father ask Elie to do for him when they are in the concentration camp in chapter 8?
2. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
3. What happens while Elie and his father are talking about the request his father makes?
4. Why is the dentist who didn't pull Elie's tooth arrested?
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)