|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the dentist who didn't pull Elie's tooth arrested?
(a) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(b) For trafficking gold teeth.
(c) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(d) For threatening Elie's father.
2. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
(a) He tells them to be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(b) He tells them to smile.
(c) He tells them to lie about their ages.
(d) He tells them to keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
3. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father has not been selected.
(b) He finds that his father's possessions are gone.
(c) He finds a note from his father.
(d) His father has been selected.
4. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(b) She cries about being separated from her family.
(c) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(d) She complains that she is ill.
5. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
(a) People diving and fighting for coins thrown by passengers of a boat.
(b) Children pushing and shoving to pick up candy thrown by a street performer.
(c) A group of homeless people drawing straws to see who gets a threadbare scarf.
(d) Guards stoning a prisoner at a penitentiary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sighet?
2. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
3. In chapter 7, where are the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village being transported to?
4. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
5. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)