|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(b) The Russians never entered the camp.
(c) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(d) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
2. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They believe he will conquer all of Europe.
(b) They believe he will soon be defeated.
(c) They think his troops are turning on him.
(d) They think he was killed or went into hiding.
3. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) His friend, Juliek.
(b) Rabbi Elichou.
(c) His friend, Zalman.
(d) Rabbi Elichou's son.
4. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
(c) Elie's father is selected.
(d) Elie's father is not selected.
5. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(d) Fresh clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
3. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
4. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
5. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)