|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Hay wagon.
(b) Cattle car.
(d) Passenger train car.
2. What does the dentist find in Elie's mouth?
(a) A gold crown.
(b) A silver crown.
(c) A severely infected tooth.
(d) A partial set of false teeth.
3. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(b) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(c) He immerses himself in prayer.
(d) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
4. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(b) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
5. At the beginning of chapter 8, what is the frame of mind of Elie's father?
(a) He is giving up on life.
(b) He is exremely angry.
(c) He is desperate for Elie to survive.
(d) He is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
2. What does Elie's father ask Elie to do for him when they are in the concentration camp in chapter 8?
3. What is Birkenau?
4. In chapter 6, when Rabbi Elichou asks Elie if he has seen his son, what does Elie say?
5. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)