|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wiesel respond to his father's request at the concentration camp?
(a) He quietly accepted his request.
(b) He argued with his father.
(c) He was speechless.
(d) He cried bitterly.
2. In German language, what did the French girl who witnessed the event while Elie iwa working tell him to do in Chapter 4?
(a) "Cry and let your feelings out so you feel better."
(b) "Go to the infirmary."
(c) "Bite your lip and do not cry."
(d) "Seek immediate revenge on your attacker."
3. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He threw it back at the server.
(b) He ate it, and then he vomited.
(c) He refused to eat it.
(d) He eagerly consumed it.
4. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Blue uniforms.
(b) Striped jackets and black pants.
(c) Gray uniforms.
(d) White jackets and pants.
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He became optimistic about the situation.
(b) He tried to commit suicide.
(c) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(d) He lost interest in the things he loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How dark or light was the night at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What was Wiesel's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread in Chapter 7?
3. What did Wisel wonder about on the morning of January 29, 1945?
4. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Wiesel feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)