|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
(a) The dentist's.
(b) The elderly man's.
(c) The young boy's.
(d) The young man's.
2. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(c) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(d) They try to comfort her.
3. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She continues to complain that she is ill.
(b) She worries that the train will derail.
(c) She screams for more food and water.
(d) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
4. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He immerses himself in prayer.
(b) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(c) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(d) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
5. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
(a) They think she is selfish.
(b) They think she is knowledgeable.
(c) They think she is a prophet.
(d) They think she is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
2. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
3. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
4. What is Birkenau?
5. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)