|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the prisoners find out that they can have soup, what is their reaction?
(a) They fight over it.
(b) They draw straws to decide who gets it.
(c) They are too tired to care.
(d) They eagerly devour the soup.
2. In order to give themselves hope, what do Elie and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz?
(a) They pretend that they are on a secret mission.
(b) They pretend that they are not frightened.
(c) They pretend that this experience is just a bad dream and that they will both wake up soon.
(d) They pretend that Elie's mother and sister survive.
3. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(b) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
(c) It does not detonate.
(d) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
4. What is Elie's reaction when he realizes his father is dead?
(a) He doesn't cry.
(b) He tries to commit suicide.
(c) He curses his captors.
(d) He cries hysterically.
5. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
(a) There are more prisoners to transport.
(b) There are fewer guards for the prisoners.
(c) The prisoners are so thin.
(d) There are fewer conveyances to carry the prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
2. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
3. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
4. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
5. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)