|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
(a) He was ignored.
(b) He was sent to the crematory.
(c) The officer knocked him to the ground.
(d) The officer yelled racial slurs at him.
2. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
(a) They were immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They were permitted to keep half their valuables.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were separated from their relatives.
3. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) A chimney.
(b) An overturned cattle car.
(c) A house.
(d) A bonfire.
4. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Gray uniforms.
(b) Blue uniforms.
(c) White jackets and pants.
(d) Striped jackets and black pants.
5. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
2. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
3. What is "selection"?
4. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
5. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)