|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou was dead.
(b) Zalman was dead.
(c) Rabbi Elichou's son was dead.
(d) Juliek was dead.
2. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She complained about the conditions on the train.
(b) She complained that she was ill.
(c) She moaned about the fact that they were all going to die.
(d) She cried about being separated from her family.
3. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(b) Her ten-year-old son.
(c) No one.
(d) Her ten-year-old daughter.
4. In Chapter 8, why did the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
(a) They were afraid to die in that way.
(b) They resented the way they were treated.
(c) They were too grief-stricken to realize this was how their lives would end.
(d) They did not have the strength to care.
5. In Chapter 4, what happened to Wiesel when he was working?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) He received a promotion.
(c) He was taunted and teased by the other workers.
(d) He injured his hand severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What did Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
3. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
4. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
5. At the end of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners forced to travel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)