|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They thought his troops were turning on him.
(b) That he would soon be defeated.
(c) That he was killed or went into hiding.
(d) That he would conquer all of Europe.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many groups were the prisoners made to form?
3. What was Wiesel's reaction to the event he witnessed later in life that reminded him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) He tried to keep the children from hurting each other.
(b) He offered to give money.
(c) He begged a participant not to do this any more.
(d) He stared, shocked and horrified, without saying a word.
4. What was Wiesel's reaction when he realizes his father is dead?
(a) He tried to commit suicide.
(b) He did not cry.
(c) He cried hysterically.
(d) He cursed his captors.
5. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
(b) She could only be consoled by Elie.
(c) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(d) She could not be consoled by anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
3. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
4. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
5. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)