|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sighet?
2. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
3. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) A Polish prisoner.
(b) An SS officer.
(c) Wiesel's father.
(d) A German prisoner.
5. When a workman threw a piece of bread to the prisoners, how did the prisoners react in Chapter 7?
(a) They were too weak and indifferent to care.
(b) They fought over it.
(c) They drew straws to see who got the bread.
(d) They threw it back at the workman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many ranks were the prisoners ordered to form?
2. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
3. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
4. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
5. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)