|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to prisoners who were selected?
(a) The prisoners were required to begin their new jobs immediately.
(b) Those selected were released from camp, then shot.
(c) They were sent to the crematory.
(d) The new prisoners had to take care of the chimney.
2. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
(a) It was burned to the ground.
(b) It was vandalized.
(c) The Gestapo kept it clean to make outsiders think they were humane.
(d) The Gestapo kept it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
3. After the war when Wiesel met the woman who pretended to be Aryan rather than a Jew at the concentration camp, what did she tell him?
(a) She is actually Jewish, not French.
(b) She saw his mother and sister go to a crematory at another camp.
(c) She is a distant relative.
(d) She was severely punished for speaking to Elie when he was beaten.
4. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He buried their savings in the basement.
(b) He destroyed their valuables rather that surrender them.
(c) He surrendered their valuables to the Germans.
(d) He gave their savings to a relative who could safely hide them.
5. At the end of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Passenger train car.
(b) Hay wagon.
(d) Cattle car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
2. What did the dentist find in Elie's mouth in Chapter 4?
3. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
4. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
5. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)