|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They sleep restlessly.
(b) They are awoken every hour for roll call.
(c) They are not permitted to sleep.
(d) They sleep soundly.
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
(a) Elie wants a top bunk.
(b) The prisoners in the bunks next to Elie are bullies.
(c) He wants to be close to his father.
(d) Elie's bunk is broken.
3. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(a) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
(d) Firing squad.
4. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
5. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) He keeps them because of an injury to his feet.
(b) He needs them for his job in the camp.
(c) They are covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(d) He keeps them because of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
2. Why do the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
3. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
4. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
5. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)