|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) Forced them to march five miles.
(b) The SS officers made them watch the crematorium.
(c) Branded them with numbers.
(d) Withheld their food and water.
2. What could Wiesel do when rumors started that the Russians were approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) He could stay behind in the hospital with his father or he could evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
(b) He could hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians left the camp.
(c) He could set out on his own and risk being shot.
(d) He could join the Russian army.
3. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) All Jews had to wear a black star.
(b) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
(c) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
(d) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
4. In Chapter 4, what was Wiesel's job in the camp?
(a) He worked in the camp kitchen.
(b) He cleaned the camp showers.
(c) He worked in the electrical warehouse.
(d) He assisted the camp dentist.
5. What did Wiesel do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He joined with the others in offering praise.
(b) He loudly criticized those who were praising.
(c) He criticized God.
(d) He was the prayer leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Elie come to when he remembered the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
3. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
4. What season was ending at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What were Wiesel's feelings about selection in Chapter 5?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)