|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many groups were the prisoners made to form?
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
(b) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(c) Life returned to normal.
(d) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
3. What did the SS officers call the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(c) Flea-ridden dogs.
(d) Flea-bitten corpses.
4. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
5. At the end of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Hay wagon.
(b) Passenger train car.
(c) Cattle car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners did Wiesel witness later in life?
2. What could Wiesel do when rumors started that the Russians were approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 6, why were the prisoners running as they were evacuated?
4. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners moving?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)