|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
(a) The dentist's.
(b) The elderly man's.
(c) The young boy's.
(d) The young man's.
2. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
(a) The prisoners are so thin.
(b) There are more prisoners to transport.
(c) There are fewer conveyances to carry the prisoners.
(d) There are fewer guards for the prisoners.
3. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(b) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(c) They are to run.
(d) They are to crawl.
4. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) An oven.
(c) A closet.
(d) A trap.
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) He works with Elie's father.
(c) He teaches religion at a high school.
(d) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
2. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
3. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
4. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
5. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)