|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) His friend, Zalman.
(b) Rabbi Elichou.
(c) Rabbi Elichou's son.
(d) His friend, Juliek.
3. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She screams for more food and water.
(b) She continues to complain that she is ill.
(c) She worries that the train will derail.
(d) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It is broken during a fight.
(b) It is amputated.
(c) It swells.
(d) It is severely injured at work.
5. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They are separated from their relatives.
(c) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(d) They are shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
2. How does "selection" work?
3. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
4. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
5. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)