|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) He sees his best friend from Sighet.
(b) He sees Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(c) He sees children and babies.
(d) He sees his mother and sister.
2. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see fire.
(b) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(c) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) They see barbed wire.
3. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They sit on her.
(b) The men continue to ignore her outbursts.
(c) They gag her, tie her up, and hit her in the head.
(d) The men promise to put out the fire.
4. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
(a) He assists the camp dentist.
(b) He works in the camp kitchen.
(c) He cleans the camp showers.
(d) He works in the electrical warehouse.
5. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(b) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(c) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(d) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
3. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
4. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
5. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)