|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) Elie's father.
(b) An SS officer.
(c) A Polish prisoner.
(d) A German prisoner.
2. In chapter 7, to what does Elie compare humans?
(a) Guinea pigs.
(c) Beasts of prey.
(d) Canaries in a coal mine.
3. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) There are games and a victrola.
(b) There is a seating and sleeping area.
(c) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(d) The conditions are crowded and hot.
4. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
(a) He knows he is strong and healthy so he is not concerned.
(b) He doesn't want to begin a new job.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He refuses to take part.
5. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A trap.
(b) An oven.
(c) A closet.
(d) A shoebox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
2. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
3. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
5. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)