|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(b) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(c) No one.
(d) Her ten-year-old son.
2. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
(a) He takes a short nap.
(b) His father builds an indentation in the snow to keep Elie warm.
(c) An SS officer threatens to shoot him.
(d) His father keeps him awake.
3. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
(a) He is accused of stealing food.
(b) Bodies are piled on top of him.
(c) Elie doesn't know.
(d) Elie is selected.
4. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(b) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(c) It does not detonate.
(d) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
5. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
(a) It is a secret code between Elie and his father.
(b) It shows how little they have.
(c) It means Elie's father now works in the kitchen.
(d) It means there will be a prayer meeting tonight behind the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elie is asked to report to the dentist, where is he coming from?
2. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
3. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
5. By chapter 8, how does the existence of the chimney affect the prisoners?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)