Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(b) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(c) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
(d) It does not detonate.
2. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) An oven.
(c) A trap.
(d) A closet.
3. In chapter 7, when Elie wakes up, what is the condition of his father?
(a) Resting comfortably.
(b) Sleeping soundly.
(c) Close to death.
(d) Sleeping restlessly.
4. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(b) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(c) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(d) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
5. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
(a) He begins a new job in the hospital.
(b) Elie's father is not selected.
(c) He is forced to tend the chimney.
(d) Elie's father is selected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
2. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
3. When a workman throws a piece of bread to the prisoners, how do the prisoners react?
4. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
5. In chapter 3, why does Elie's father ask directions to the washroom?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)