Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Â– 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) He sees Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(b) He sees his mother and sister.
(c) He sees his best friend from Sighet.
(d) He sees children and babies.
2. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
(a) He agrees to spend more time with Elie.
(b) He says he is too old to start over.
(c) He says helping more Jews is too dangerous.
(d) He reminds Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
3. Why is the dentist who didn't pull Elie's tooth arrested?
(a) For threatening Elie's father.
(b) For trafficking gold teeth.
(c) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(d) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
4. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He immerses himself in prayer.
(b) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(c) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(d) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
5. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
(a) He cleans the camp showers.
(b) He works in the electrical warehouse.
(c) He assists the camp dentist.
(d) He works in the camp kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
2. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
3. What is the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
4. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
5. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)