|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the bell ring at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
2. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) They chose to remain in the hospital.
(b) They chose to evacuate.
(c) They chose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(d) Elie chose to join the Russian army.
3. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
(a) The man tried to kill Wiesel.
(b) Wiesel never saw him again.
(c) The man told Wiesel he understood why he lied.
(d) The man tried to get Wiesel in trouble with the guards.
4. What was Wiesel's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread in Chapter 7?
5. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
(d) Rotten meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did "selection" work?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, in the early dawn light how much of a difference was there between the living and the dead?
3. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
4. What season was ending at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)