|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the workman's reaction as he watched the prisoners after he gave them the bread in Chapter 7?
2. What did Wiesel do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He loudly criticized those who were praising.
(b) He criticized God.
(c) He joined with the others in offering praise.
(d) He was the prayer leader.
3. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
(a) It shows how little they had.
(b) It was a secret code between Elie and his father.
(c) It meant there would be a prayer meeting that night behind the kitchen.
(d) It meant Elie's father now worked in the kitchen.
4. In Chapter 7, where were the prisoners being transported to?
(d) Back to Auschwitz.
5. Why did Wiesel return the knife and spoon to his father in Chapter 5?
(a) It reinforced the fact that his father was not selected.
(b) His father needed something to remind him of Elie until the result of his selection occurs.
(c) It continued the secret code between father and son.
(d) His father needed them to work in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wiesel not fast on Yom Kippur in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
3. In Chapter 3, what age did Wiesel claim to be?
4. In particular, what part of the occurrence that Wiesel witnessed later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners caused his reaction?
5. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)