|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He joins with the others in offering praise.
(b) He criticizes God.
(c) He is the prayer leader.
(d) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
2. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(b) They are to crawl.
(c) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(d) They are to run.
3. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
(a) He can hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians have left the camp.
(b) He can stay behind in the hospital with his father or he can evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
(c) He can set out on his own and risk being shot.
(d) He can join the Russian army.
4. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
(b) A guard.
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
5. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father has not been selected.
(b) He finds that his father's possessions are gone.
(c) He finds a note from his father.
(d) His father has been selected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
3. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
4. What is A-7713?
5. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)