|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He ate it, and then he vomited.
(b) He eagerly consumed it.
(c) He threw it back at the server.
(d) He refused to eat it.
2. What was Wiesel's reaction to the event he witnessed later in life that reminded him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) He offered to give money.
(b) He tried to keep the children from hurting each other.
(c) He stared, shocked and horrified, without saying a word.
(d) He begged a participant not to do this any more.
3. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
(b) Stand in formation for over an hour.
(c) Run laps.
(d) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
4. What was the reaction of the person Wiesel spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) The person thought it was an act of charity.
(b) The person tried to stab Elie.
(c) The person told Elie to mind his own business.
(d) The person completely ignored Elie.
5. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what did Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp in Chapter 5?
2. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
3. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
4. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
5. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)