|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It is severely injured at work.
(b) It swells.
(c) It is broken during a fight.
(d) It is amputated.
2. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father has been selected.
(b) He finds a note from his father.
(c) His father has not been selected.
(d) He finds that his father's possessions are gone.
3. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(b) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(c) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
(d) The Russians never entered the camp.
4. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He criticizes God.
(b) He joins with the others in offering praise.
(c) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
(d) He is the prayer leader.
5. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He knows he is strong and healthy so he is not concerned.
(c) He refuses to take part.
(d) He doesn't want to begin a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
2. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
3. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
4. What is A-7713?
5. What is "selection"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)