|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) They chose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) They chose to remain in the hospital.
(c) Elie chose to join the Russian army.
(d) They chose to evacuate.
2. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
(a) It was broken during a fight.
(b) It was amputated.
(c) It was severely injured at work.
(d) It became swollen.
3. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) That the man's family was sent to the crematorium.
(b) That he knew the man's family was safe.
(c) That the man's family was at another camp.
(d) That the man's family had not been heard from.
4. What was the workman's reaction as he watched the prisoners after he gave them the bread in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) A reason for their suffering.
(b) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(c) They formulate an escape plan.
(d) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
2. What is "selection"?
3. In particular, what part of the occurrence that Wiesel witnessed later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners caused his reaction?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Wiesel feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)