|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) He keeps them because of an injury to his feet.
(b) They are covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(c) He needs them for his job in the camp.
(d) He keeps them because of his age.
2. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
(a) They are forced to shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
(b) They must stand in formation for over an hour.
(c) They are ordered to clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
(d) They are forced to run laps.
3. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
(a) Elie's number is called.
(b) Both Elie and his father are called.
(c) Elie's father's number is called.
(d) Neither Elie nor his father is called.
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It swells.
(b) It is amputated.
(c) It is severely injured at work.
(d) It is broken during a fight.
5. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) He throws it back at the server.
(b) He eats it, then vomits.
(c) He refuses to eat it.
(d) He eagerly consumes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
2. In chapter 3, why does Elie's father ask directions to the washroom?
3. How does Elie feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
4. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
5. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)