|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
(a) The man tried to kill Wiesel.
(b) The man tried to get Wiesel in trouble with the guards.
(c) Wiesel never saw him again.
(d) The man told Wiesel he understood why he lied.
2. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(b) The were not permitted to sleep.
(c) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
3. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
(a) Hide his injury.
(b) Have surgery.
(c) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
(d) Go through the selection process again.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, in the early dawn light how much of a difference was there between the living and the dead?
(a) No difference.
(b) The dead were beginning to smell.
(c) Barely a difference.
(d) The dead were gray, and the living were white.
5. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) Due to an injury to his feet.
(b) He needed them for his job in the camp.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) They were covered with mud, so no one saw them.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
2. What was the reaction of the person Wiesel spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
3. What were Wiesel's feelings about selection in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 7, where were the prisoners being transported to?
5. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)