|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the event he witnessed later in life that reminded him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) He offered to give money.
(b) He begged a participant not to do this any more.
(c) He stared, shocked and horrified, without saying a word.
(d) He tried to keep the children from hurting each other.
2. At Birkenau, what did a fellow prisoner tell Wiesel and his father to do?
(b) Lie about their ages.
(c) Keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(d) Be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
3. What was the workman's reaction as he watched the prisoners after he gave them the bread in Chapter 7?
4. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
(b) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
(c) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(d) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
5. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) His best friend from Sighet.
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) Children and babies.
(d) Moshe and Madame Schachter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In particular, what part of the occurrence that Wiesel witnessed later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners caused his reaction?
2. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
3. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. What was Wiesel's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)