|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) They cheered wildly.
(b) There was a brief uprising.
(c) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
(d) They were completely silent.
2. What was the responsibility of the men who cleared out the wagons?
(a) They repaired the wagons.
(b) They rotated the prisoners between the wagons.
(c) They scoured the wagons with boiling water.
(d) They took out the dead and burried them.
3. What color was Tzipora's hair?
4. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Wiesel thought he was telling the truth.
(b) He was afraid of the man.
(c) He was afraid the guards would for punish them for talking, so he tried to make the man leave quickly.
(d) He wanted to give the man hope.
5. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
(a) Rotten meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prisoners who were selected?
2. In Chapter 3, what age did Wiesel claim to be?
3. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
5. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)