|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
2. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He threw it back at the server.
(b) He ate it, and then he vomited.
(c) He refused to eat it.
(d) He eagerly consumed it.
3. In Chapter 5, how did the Rosh Hashanah service end?
4. What was the responsibility of the men who cleared out the wagons?
(a) They took out the dead and burried them.
(b) They rotated the prisoners between the wagons.
(c) They repaired the wagons.
(d) They scoured the wagons with boiling water.
5. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners did Wiesel witness later in life?
(a) Guards stoning a prisoner at a penitentiary.
(b) Children pushing and shoving to pick up candy thrown by a street performer.
(c) People diving and fighting for coins thrown by passengers of a boat.
(d) A group of homeless people drawing straws to see who gets a threadbare scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the event he witnessed later in life that reminded him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
2. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
3. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Wiesel find when he returned from work, when he still had possession of his father's knife and spoon?
5. What was the reaction of the person Wiesel spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)