|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) They formulate an escape plan.
(b) A reason for their suffering.
(c) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(d) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
2. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) They chose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) They chose to evacuate.
(c) Elie chose to join the Russian army.
(d) They chose to remain in the hospital.
3. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 5, how did the Rosh Hashanah service end?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
2. Why did Wiesel return the knife and spoon to his father in Chapter 5?
3. Why did Wiesel not fast on Yom Kippur in Chapter 5?
4. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
5. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)